The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Bonesplitterz are part of orruk warclans now, aren't they?

They are but to act like they received an update or new models because they were folded into a new, broader faction with a separate aesthetic would be a bit rich.

As is at least ogres received a new plastic tyrant.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

They are but to act like they received an update or new models because they were folded into a new, broader faction with a separate aesthetic would be a bit rich.

We, the Spiderfang tribes, understand you :')

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Bonesplitterz are part of orruk warclans now, aren't they?

Yes but new rules are not the same as a new model wave. We are getting an underworlds warband, which ogors have too, but no actual new stuff since their original fantasy release.

Ogors at least got a terrain piece and a new tyrant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

3 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Yes but new rules are not the same as a new model wave. We are getting an underworlds warband, which ogors have too, but no actual new stuff since their original fantasy release.

Ogors at least got a terrain piece and a new tyrant.

If gw split them off again i'd agree with you, but, as a tome / allegiance, they have received a wave right when aos started, whereas ogres only got the tyrant or terrain. If we started going off "seperate aesthetics" then cities of sigmar has about 5 or 6 factions that haven't gotten waves and Skaven the same, and Ogor mawtribes has 3 I think? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

But that's the thing, they didn't receive a wave, they got no new models at all at launch in 2016 and then in 2019 were merged with another faction which had received new models in 2016. I don't see any way of reasonably 'backdating' a release of six ironjaws kits from 2016 to somehow retroactively 'count' for bonesplitters when they were merged in 2019, you know? They can now use them now, fine, but it hardly counts as attention or new stuff, anymore than if (for example) they merged CoS with Stormcast and we acted like CoS had retroactively received dozens of releases since the start of AoS. It doesn't reflect how GW acts and I don't think it's a reasonable way of thinking about AoS releases.

I don't want to make the separate aesthetics thing a big point because how tightly these smaller factions hang together is going to be down to taste (I think CoS largely works but merging e.g. fyreslayers with kharadron would be lazy) but even putting that aside it's absolutely fair to say that outside of WHQ minis Cities of Sigmar haven't received any new releases until these upcoming witch hunters.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m curious if this rumoured new force in the new starter box is gonna be Greenskinz, and will reintroduce the rogue idol as a plastic kit. Would be pretty boss.

This remains my theory of what 3,0's starter (vs Stormcast) will be.

• Bridges the visual gap between Bonesplitters (Savage Orcs) and Ironjawz (Black Orcs).
  • Still 'exist' in the lore as those Orcs who aren't quite 'Ard enough to be an Ironjaw or went totally off the deep end.
  • Potential cross-game use with The Old World, particularly if the Soulblight Gravelord kits revealed can be used that way too.
  • As with Gravelords/Cursed City/Witch Hunters it would fit with GW dipping back into more Fantasy and 'generic' (not that Warhammer Orcs were ever that generic) designs.
  • Something for existing War Clans players to buy into and expand their army, whilst drawing in new players by virtue of being in the starter.
  • Iconic to the IP.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I still think Ironjawz is the safest bet for AOS 3.0 starter set though. Just because their play style really fit well for beginners and they can be design to fit the ETB easy to paint models like Stormcast, Nighthaunt, space marine, Necron, and Deathguard.

they still would be my most likely pick despite maybe recent rumors and that 40k Ork are getting a release relatively soon at the same time

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

This remains my theory of what 3,0's starter (vs Stormcast) will be.

• Bridges the visual gap between Bonesplitters (Savage Orcs) and Ironjawz (Black Orcs).
  • Still 'exist' in the lore as those Orcs who aren't quite 'Ard enough to be an Ironjaw or went totally off the deep end.
  • Potential cross-game use with The Old World, particularly if the Soulblight Gravelord kits revealed can be used that way too.
  • As with Gravelords/Cursed City/Witch Hunters it would fit with GW dipping back into more Fantasy and 'generic' (not that Warhammer Orcs were ever that generic) designs.
  • Something for existing War Clans players to buy into and expand their army, whilst drawing in new players by virtue of being in the starter.
  • Iconic to the IP.

The rumour is that it also has goblins riding wolves too. So I’m wondering if it’ll be a true oldschool Greenskinz force with both Orruks and Goblins in it for faster tricksy units mixed with harder damaging units.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

But that's the thing, they didn't receive a wave, they got no new models at all at launch in 2016 and then in 2019 were merged with another faction which had received new models in 2016. I don't see any way of reasonably 'backdating' a release of six ironjaws kits from 2016 to somehow retroactively 'count' for bonesplitters when they were merged in 2019, you know? They can now use them now, fine, but it hardly counts as attention or new stuff, anymore than if (for example) they merged CoS with Stormcast and we acted like CoS had retroactively received dozens of releases since the start of AoS. It doesn't reflect how GW acts and I don't think it's a reasonable way of thinking about AoS releases.

I don't want to make the separate aesthetics thing a big point because how tightly these smaller factions hang together is going to be down to taste (I think CoS largely works but merging e.g. fyreslayers with kharadron would be lazy) but even putting that aside it's absolutely fair to say that outside of WHQ minis Cities of Sigmar haven't received any new releases until these upcoming witch hunters.

But i'm not saying that bonesplitterz or spider grots don't need anything or that i would hate to see them get anything, it's just that, right now, since the start of aos, orruk warclans, sons of behemat, and gloomspite gitz have gotten a wave since the start of AoS, and ogor mawtribes have not. Especially with these soup tomes you're not going to have a wave of models hit every aesthetic that players of that soup tome likes (see gloomspite gits), and it'd be nice to see everything get updated, but it's probably more important to hit tomes that haven't gotten anything in aos first before hitting tomes that have. Not that that stops gw from releasing multiple waves of one thing within a few months of each other.

It really depends if you as a person count that wave as a proper release or not, like do people count Tzaangor as a proper BoC wave since I don’t see many people think it is one.

but GW has set a president that it doesn’t matter which army lavished the longest,  you get stuff when you get stuff regardless of when your last update is. Arguing about it is pointless really

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

But i'm not saying that bonesplitterz or spider grots don't need anything or that i would hate to see them get anything, it's just that, right now, since the start of aos, orruk warclans, sons of behemat, and gloomspite gitz have gotten a wave since the start of AoS, and ogor mawtribes have not. Especially with these soup tomes you're not going to have a wave of models hit every aesthetic that players of that soup tome likes (see gloomspite gits), and it'd be nice to see everything get updated, but it's probably more important to hit tomes that haven't gotten anything in aos first before hitting tomes that have. Not that that stops gw from releasing multiple waves of one thing within a few months of each other.

Can you define what you mean by a "wave?"

Mawtribes have received new rules, new tyrant, new terrain, and an underworlds team. 

Ignoring bonesplitterz, even though they are a separate faction within warclans, all of orruk warclans have received 0 models besides an upcoming underworlds warband and the 2 Ironjaws warbands.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Mawtribes have received new rules, new tyrant, new terrain, and an underworlds team. 

Ignoring bonesplitterz, even though they are a separate faction within warclans, all of orruk warclans have received 0 models besides an upcoming underworlds warband and the 2 Ironjaws warbands.

Why are you counting rules for Mawtribes but not Warclans, and then the Underworlds band as a release for Mawtribes, but then acting like the THREE that Warclans have got don't count?

1 minute ago, Verminlord said:

multiple models for AoS that isn't just a hero, terrain, and spells

Because while underworlds bands are cool, they're always unique, and usually have completely half-assed rules.

Terrain and spells are usually cool, but you can only really run one or less of them, and sometimes you don't run them at all (When's gw going to label the warp lightning vortex as barak zilfin and be done with it?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KriticalKhan said:

Why are you counting rules for Mawtribes but not Warclans, and then the Underworlds band as a release for Mawtribes, but then acting like the THREE that Warclans have got don't count?

Everything has rules, I'm just attempting to define what the op includes in a "wave."

I would define it in terms of model releases designed for use in AoS proper.

I honestly don't count any underworlds warbands but since they are technically models I felt a need to mention them.

In that sense yeah, if you're looking at warclans they received new models since the start of AoS but honestly that's rather cold comfort to anyone who is committed to Bonesplitters and is now told to lump it, they're not that badly off. Said Bonesplitter player can still say, well, ogres (or gutbusters, rather, if we're looking at it this way) actually got a new hero and terrain piece as well as having a pretty broad range already. Spiderfang, BCR, Bonesplitters, none of these have actually received any new minis in AoS and all of them have a rather more narrow range than gutbusters.

I'd agree about WHU stuff not 'counting' for these purposes, not out of sour grapes but because cool as they are they barely integrate into a larger AoS faction in terms of rules or even base size.

Ultimately this is really down to the particular angle you're looking at it, and I'm seeing some merits of both. But perhaps a more salient point is that either way we're still measuring pretty small Destruction releases (however you define factions, waves, or attention) against each other compared to significantly larger ones for chaos, death and order. I don't think that's a particularly novel statement but it does make the whole thing come off a little like fighting for scraps when e.g. stormcast have multiple comparable infantry or cavalry units.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Thanks 2

Bring me Goblins
Give

Just now, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 minute ago, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

I don't know why, but I feel like we have seen this exact list before last year for warhammer fest.

2 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

Elaborate good sir

3 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

Do you have the source? 

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I don't know why, but I feel like we have seen this exact list before last year for warhammer fest.

If this were to be true and shadow elves/umbraneth I imagine the big model would be malerion, or fulgrim for 40K but who knows

11 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

That seems like a lot.

I'd love to see Shadow Elves though

11 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

Clearly the new token is "the broken realm token"

Because of the shifting narrative and how the realms have been broken in 3.0, you may place a token on one piece of terrain or 12x12 area of the board to declare this area is broken and due to sigmars new stringent health and safety code (enforced by the new logister chamber writing angry letters to the other factions) no one may enter or cross over that area without the fly keyword to prevent anyone being hurt.