The Rumour Thread

On 25. jun. 2017 at 3:23 AM, bsharitt said:

Assuming that's real, the "2017" naming makes me think that this will be a point tweak and FAQ integration update rather than a 2nd edition of AoS. Which is what I've though before, but this shores up my thoughts on the matter.

BUT! It states in french 'Le Generals Handbook présente des nouveaux styles de jeux..."

Which means, "The Generals Handbook present the new wayS/styles of playing..." which would hint at more than just points.

That said, I don't think the image looks very official. The weird white backlighting, the image that the book is superimposed upon is not very flattering etc etc. Doesn't really look like the right design that GW has been using lately.

EDIT: Ah, just saw all the posts after the one I was answering as well as the one linking to an english version to the same image. The whole picture looks very official, and text says what I just listed, just ignore my post. I'll creep back into the shadows in shame.....

Edited by Teletomas
  • Like 4

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/26/generals-handbook-2017-june26gw-homepage-post-3/

Perhaps most excitingly of all are the new Allegiance Abilities. These are much expanded from those four Grand Alliance army-traits from the previous General’s Handbook. The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of FyreslayersseraphonSlaaneshi hostsNighthaunts and over a dozen others.

!!!!

• Like 4

Lots of items are no longer available on the GW site, do you think this is just reboxing or is there more to it than that?

(grots, dispossesd, hexwraiths, graveguard, slaanesh, plaguebearers) 

Edited by Locien83

Lots of items are no longer available on the GW site, do you think this is just reboxing or is there more to it than that?

Just a reboxing from what I've read.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Locien83 said:

I think that's just GW focusing their casting on 40K and the new sculpts at the moment, to the point of other models taking the back seat- Dark Imperium is selling massively.

52 minutes ago, Locien83 said:

I think that's just GW focusing their casting on 40K and the new sculpts at the moment, to the point of other models taking the back seat- Dark Imperium is selling massively.

6 hours ago, Locien83 said:

Some make sense that it is a reboxing. Such as ironbreakers. They were still on squares. But for the Slaanesh daemons... they have been on rounds since they launched AoS. A bit weird. 

That is virtually the exact same sculpt that is used on Vandus Hammerhand's dracoth.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Vandus-Hammerhand

If this isn't something to do with Stormcast then this is just a copy and paste from that model onto another faction. If it is Stormcast, then this is just a copy and paste from that model onto another Stormcast...

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Some make sense that it is a reboxing. Such as ironbreakers. They were still on squares. But for the Slaanesh daemons... they have been on rounds since they launched AoS. A bit weird. 

Aren't the slaanesh demons on 25mm rounds though? I think the bloodletters got repacked to have only 25mm rounds and then repacked again to have 32mm rounds which seem to be what they are using for all the lesser demons.

• Like 1