The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Imperial said:

Thx for link xD

Assuming that's real, the "2017" naming makes me think that this will be a point tweak and FAQ integration update rather than a 2nd edition of AoS. Which is what I've though before, but this shores up my thoughts on the matter.

6 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Assuming that's real, the "2017" naming makes me think that this will be a point tweak and FAQ integration update rather than a 2nd edition of AoS. Which is what I've though before, but this shores up my thoughts on the matter.

Oh yes I think thats the case too. If it is real I expect it to be GH2 not 2nd ed AoS just yet.

What does make me doubt it now is french announcement with english front cover book. Thats a little strange. Though they have two versions Id make it up with the french variant.

01040299063_GeneralsHandbookFRE01.jpg 

Edited by Killax

Looking at that Generals Handbook 2017 cover... I WANT to believe! But there is just something that doesn't look right....... most GW cover art has something else going on in the very background. But in the above pic its just clouds.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Lord Cedric said:

Looking at that Generals Handbook 2017 cover... I WANT to believe! But there is just something that doesn't look right....... most GW cover art has something else going on in the very background. But in the above pic its just clouds.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It is absolutely real. It is from the new starter set. It is almost certainly coming out in July.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

It is absolutely real. It is from the new starter set. It is almost certainly coming out in July.

Just out of curiosity... what new starter set are you speaking of excactly? The new Thunder and Blood set or a whole new one?

Edited by Vaux

1 hour ago, CountryMou3e said:

This is incorrect. Thunder and blood was released yesterday and the cover art from the boxed book is completely different

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-of-sigmar-thunder-and-blood-eng-2017?_requestid=10297784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is saying that the flyer for the Generals Handbook 2017 is found inside Thunder and Blood.

Not that Thunder and Blood booklet has that cover.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I posted the picture on the aos facebook page asking its origin and it was deleted, so obviously they dont want it common kmowledge just yet.

Expect a YouTube video in the coming days 

I watched new starter unboxing video today and the page with GHB 2017 was in starter book.

Edited by Imperial

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I posted the picture on the aos facebook page asking its origin and it was deleted, so obviously they dont want it common kmowledge just yet.

Expect a YouTube video in the coming days 

yeah I do think they want it common knowledge, that's why they made an advert for it and released it! Shame it didn't have a release date though!

8 minutes ago, tjackpounder said:

Went down to my lgs today to order some Daemonettes for my planned slaanesh army but they're apparently no longer available. Are they discontinuing the slaanesh models or is there a repack/update on the way?

They are being repacked to no longer have square bases in the box. (Probably they will get 32mm rounds also to match the bloodletter and plaguebearer boxes)

On 2017-6-25 at 2:23 AM, bsharitt said:

Very much so - I think we all got a bit excited when GW asked for feedback for the new handbook and started talking about rules changes ;) 

What's interesting is that it very much backs up the thought that this will be an annual update rather than an update when GW feel it needs one - keeping fingers crossed for new battle plans

12 hours ago, Arkiham said:

No idea why they deleted it then

Likely because of what you said in terms of context, being that they want to announce it officially or big on a different date. Which I understand because there is still a lot of 40K to put into the limelight and there is little for GW to gain to suddenly slap the cool generals handbook on top of it all.

I think we will officially get a release date in July. This way there is still a week for everybody to pick up on 40K's hype :) 

Im very happy its confirmed though! Im looking forward to the changes. I think costs will not be dramatically changed though I do not hope that ForgeWorlds cost change actually was a leaked sneak peek... The thought of a Mourngul going to 280 is not an issue to me personally but I do not believe it would be very healthy for the Matched play games...

On the other side a change like that would validate Death as a faction.

14 minutes ago, Killax said:

The thought of a Mourngul going to 280 is not an issue to me personally 

+1. I think Death Alliance ability will be replaced with summoning ability with some special points rule for this.

Edited by Imperial

With the last 40k announcement, do you think that will update Storm of Sigmar with new press-fit minis and a paper battlemat (like the new 40k First strike starter set)?

As I think the new Know no fear starter si basically the 40k version of Thunder and blood

2 hours ago, Imperial said:

+1. I think Death Alliance ability will be replaced with summoning ability with some special points rule for this.

I agree. I also hope to see a Battletome for Death that matches the newer ones. As the latest ones ooze character and really give a representation of what stands for what.

In that same vein Im eager to discover if Vampires in the Deathrattle play as big of a role as they did in Vampire Counts. An re-introduction of Blood Lines could be an interesting prospect.

1 hour ago, pseudonyme said:

With the last 40k announcement, do you think that will update Storm of Sigmar with new press-fit minis and a paper battlemat (like the new 40k First strike starter set)?

As I think the new Know no fear starter si basically the 40k version of Thunder and blood

Its certainly a very likely option. Though because GW has made objectives for 40K I would be too suprised to see them skip on the mat and toss in two of those.

I really also hope AoS will have physical objective markers soon also! In general I think it would be cool to see different ones for Order, Chaos, Destruction and Death. They could quite easily form a set on their own with that.