The Rumour Thread

I'm very happy with the small change. It doesnt mean well often see Khul but it also doesn't mean that he is a MUST use with the Goretide. 

However it also more or less confirms what I initially thought. Warscroll descriptions cannot be ignored, even if they are not part of your bought army.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Killax said:

However it also more or less confirms what I initially thought. Warscroll descriptions cannot be ignored, even if they are not part of your bought army.

Actually, this confirms the opposite. Since the (updated) description on Khul's warscroll indicates that you have to take him leading the Goretide if you're running him and the Goretide, you're already using him in your army. Then it kicks in.

If you're running the Goretide but not including Khul in your army, then you get to ignore the description (which isn't in your army and doesn't affect your choices).

In other words, if Khul is in your army he's going to lead your battalion. If he isn't in your army, he's (obviously) not going to lead your battalion. Wording changed for perfect clarity and simplicity. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Ive been champing at the bit to see this weeks pre orders... and theyre bloomin bloodbowl teams! Gah, show us some aelves for sigmars sake!!

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. I don't think an entire week of releases should be tied up with "Made to Order" things that won't even be delivered for like a month. It essentially means there is no release.

I was expecting that Path to Glory might drop in this weeks pre-orders considering we heard about it earlier in the week. Now I'm not quite sure what to expect coming up, are we going to see a glimmer of light for AoS releases with Path to Glory, or is that something to come much later and we're gonna be back on the 40k train?

10 hours ago, rokapoke said:

Actually, this confirms the opposite. Since the (updated) description on Khul's warscroll indicates that you have to take him leading the Goretide if you're running him and the Goretide, you're already using him in your army. Then it kicks in.

If you're running the Goretide but not including Khul in your army, then you get to ignore the description (which isn't in your army and doesn't affect your choices).

In other words, if Khul is in your army he's going to lead your battalion. If he isn't in your army, he's (obviously) not going to lead your battalion. Wording changed for perfect clarity and simplicity. 

No, as you could read before, if you thake the Goretide Khul must have lead it.

Now it says, if you thake both Khul must lead it. It has changed in responce to the mandatory factor and how people felt about that.

The old one still is in the app and store.

I think the intention was always as it is now written, it was just poorly written before. 

The userbase always seems to try and read rules in the worst way possible rather than attempting to embrace the spirit of the rules.

Still waiting for those shadow Aelves...

• Like 4

I suspect that the last of those old pack dwarves have sold out due to Kharadron conversions which have been popular and are now getting repackaged. It would be great to see a Dispossessed battletome though. I hope GW doesn't give up on those updated  reimagined old model battletomes such Skaven Pestilens, Flesh Eaters, Beastclaw Raiders etc. as I really enjoyed those.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonWebb said:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/570/723873.page#9442117

Yup, confirmed as a repack the other day. :)

Yep, saw that the other day. Gives my hope that the old Dwarfs will be sticking around a bit longer. Now that my first phase of Kharadron Overlords are done, I finished up painting a box of Thunderers I bought a few years ago, but never got around to doing. Now I think I'll add some more regular Dwarfs.