The Rumour Thread

Everything points to BR: Kragnos being the final point of BR; it taking place in Ghur-Excelsis; and leading up to AoS 3 in the summer. 

Fascinating that after the seizure or a major city, Morathi's ascendance, the (sort or) rebirth of Slaanesh, the destruction of Nagash and the end of the soul wars, the destruction of a stormhost, isolation of Chamon, and apparent return of Grugni, we still have not yet reached the climax! Even more fascinating that the climax takes place in the least expectable place and is linked to an unknown character.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah. I'm really hoping (I know, I know ... hope is the first step on the road to disappointment) that the Slaanesh model of "make a half book at full price, less than a year later, sell the same book again but the time with everything ... oh wait, a few months later sell another book to actually make a complete army ... oh wait ..." does not become the norm. That would go s long way toward freezing my Warhammer gaming evolution at AoS 2.0. I'm not buying the rules for one army 3+ times in a year.

That said, nice models.

The warscrolls are free for AoS don't forget 

11 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

With the Witch Hunters confirmed it Kragnos, I wonder if Gravelords will have a tie in to BR Kragnos too, being released in parallel or shortly there after? I have to believe there is no way that the Witch Hunters do NOT have anything to do with Gravelords..

I thought they were fairly explicit about the ven Densts fighting undead in the reveal trailer. I also believe we are still due a proper narrative Gravelords payoff. We had that vampire rescue ven Brecht and all the scheming by Neferata and Mannfred to set up something with Soulblight, but so far nothing has been resolved (even in BR: Be'lakor). It would be a shame if all those plot threads don't lead anywhere.

11 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Kragnos and Gordrakk can't coexist in that manner. Gordrakk won't bow to kragnos, which means conflict [...]

I mean, they have been setting up infighting in all other Grand Alliances, why not Destruction, too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I thought they were fairly explicit about the ven Densts fighting undead in the reveal trailer. I also believe we are still due a proper narrative Gravelords payoff. We had that vampire rescue ven Brecht and all the scheming by Neferata and Mannfred to set up something with Soulblight, but so far nothing has been resolved (even in BR: Be'lakor). It would be a shame if all those plot threads don't lead anywhere.

I mean, they have been setting up infighting in all other Grand Alliances, why not Destruction, too?

Isn’t it fairly clear now that the ‘vamp’ who rescued ven Brecht was Belly...!?

Just now, Lord of the Isle said:

Isn’t it fairly clear now that the ‘vamp’ who rescued ven Brecht was Belly...!?

It's not clear to me, at least :)

I don't know if there is anything in BR: Teclis or Be'lakor that is really explicit about this (I don't own any of the books). I vaguely recall there being a passage in Teclis where the escape of the "winged creature" and ven Brecht is described, but I can't find where I read about it right now. In any case, ven Brecht has been set up as a vampire hunter, and it seems to me that Be'lakor has been busy recently, so unless I don't have the full picture I think it still makes more narrative sense for a vampire to be that winged creature.

Plus, with his new model Be'lakor is too big to sneak around. ;)

My lore is very shaky so forgive me, but isn't Kragnos a sleeping god who just woke up from being a mountain called the Beastgrave? I think that might be a clue! 

Plus that beastmen warband they released with the Kurnothi was gorgeous. I'm just looking at the face on that banner and picturing Alarielle being like "yep, that's my guy" and it just doesn't feel right. 

Imagine things like Bullgors and Shaggoths getting the AOS treatment... If Kragnos is BoC I'm going to have an army so harrowing that it will disturb my family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Feii said:

Them being 100% chaos males them probably super boring for many players be it explicit or implicit. 

even archaon has this “what of he turns on thise Gods or becomes a God unto itself” moments and him being more flexible as a character makes it so much more interesting than being 100% slave to Chaos.

But Chaos isn't an entity with goals restricting BoC, the way Nagash would force his will onto undead or the chaos gods would restrict their followers. BoC are literally the most free of all chaos factions! Each brayherd fights whom they please, when they believe is right, and has goals that are their own, not that of any god. They could, if any writer wanted, wage war against Slaanesh, Archaon, another beastlord, etc. They'd probably need some kind of narrative power boost to be a huge threat, but that has nothing to do with Chaos or Destruction.

Some people find chaos-alignment boring? Yes, well, I'm sure some people won't be buying Soulblight Gravelords kits because Death isn't interesting to them. And I'm sure some people aren't fans of Destruction factions generally not having a purpose beyond "let's have a good fight, that thing looks the biggest and the toughest, let's wreck it". 

It's pointless to make these assumptions about whether BoC would have more fans with what you propose or not. Maybe some people would like it. To some other people, like myself, it'd be taking away some of the faction's appeal, making a big retcon in their battletome and losing the one Chaos faction not serving a god. Something unnecessary when feral kurnothi are right there waiting to be expanded upon as a potential Destruction army.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

But Chaos isn't an entity with goals restricting BoC, the way Nagash would force his will onto undead or the chaos gods would restrict their followers. BoC are literally the most free of all chaos factions! Each brayherd fights whom they please, when they believe is right, and has goals that are their own, not that of any god. They could, if any writer wanted, wage war against Slaanesh, Archaon, another beastlord, etc. They'd probably need some kind of narrative power boost to be a huge threat, but that has nothing to do with Chaos or Destruction.

Some people find chaos-alignment boring? Yes, well, I'm sure some people won't be buying Soulblight Gravelords kits because Death isn't interesting to them. And I'm sure some people aren't fans of Destruction factions generally not having a purpose beyond "let's have a good fight, that thing looks the biggest and the toughest, let's wreck it". 

It's pointless to make these assumptions about whether BoC would have more fans with what you propose or not. Maybe some people would like it. To some other people, like myself, it'd be taking away some of the faction's appeal, making a big retcon in their battletome and losing the one Chaos faction not serving a god. Something unnecessary when feral kurnothi are right there waiting to be expanded upon as a potential Destruction army.

I think BoC are really cool as Chaos - there's something more primal and menacing about beastmen lurking in forest, conducting dark primitive rituals to a primordial power. They're not just random minotaurs who fight to eat or because they're mean, they actively give themselves to a primal evil force, often mutating into spawns because of it.

Destruction is really cool too, but I think BoC are too dark for Destruction. Not that Orks or Goblins can't be evil, but their 'evil' is often quite basic (nothing wrong with that), and doesn't have that 'Satanic' vibe BoC have of animal people chanting in the woods. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Why isn't the new forum directly jumping to the latest unread messages? This is annoying.

It is for me. Are you clicking on the circle/star symbol next to the thread title, or just the title? Some forums I’m on only jump to the newest message if you click that, so that’s what I’ve always done here. 

Edit: just tested it on another thread I’d already been reading and yeah, clicking the title just takes me to the start, but the symbol next to the title takes me to the last place I’d read. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

It’s nothing fancy, but I brightened up the image to see if there was anything lurking. If it is Kragnos, it turns out he’s a red head...I’m not saying he’s Kurnothi but it very difficult not to draw comparisons.

D30A2B19-4768-4CC3-991F-3A9033533F30.jpeg

Congratulations for bright it up !!

I think it is definitely Kragnos since BR Belakor article had some kind of header :

0K1BBA0IQBPjWNyE.jpg

It is redhead but it looks " more primitive and feral " than kurnothi . It is probably something completely new and it is promising !

• Like 1

All the Great Allegiances had new things in the BR storyline, but the only one that doesn't have any new Named Character is Destruction. 

I think Destruction needs a Great Leader to push its lore. Kragnos could be a force of nature, a savage predator and all these things are features of Destruction. 

Destruction is not only a good fight, it is a continuous fight to show who is the most appropriate to survive.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

The bestial face and the earrings has me convinced now, where before it was only a suspicion, Kragnos is an ogroid god.

The ogroid were destruction prior to falling to Chaos. Also, they're mostly a destroyed race (my people are gone etc).

300px-Pict_Ogroid_Thaumaturge.jpg

nDwwOYFPYlEkO1H0.jpg

Dude, I've already got more armies than I know what to do with, but I'd shell out so much cash for an ogroid faction!

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Turgol said:

Everything points to BR: Kragnos being the final point of BR; it taking place in Ghur-Excelsis; and leading up to AoS 3 in the summer. 

Fascinating that after the seizure or a major city, Morathi's ascendance, the (sort or) rebirth of Slaanesh, the destruction of Nagash and the end of the soul wars, the destruction of a stormhost, isolation of Chamon, and apparent return of Grugni, we still have not yet reached the climax! Even more fascinating that the climax takes place in the least expectable place and is linked to an unknown character.

Exactly! This is the kind of build-up you'd see in the WWF Attitude era, before the Undertaker would come back and start choke-slamming everyone. Can't wait.

32 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

All the Great Allegiances had new things in the BR storyline, but the only one that doesn't have any new Named Character is Destruction. 

I think Destruction needs a Great Leader to push its lore. Kragnos could be a force of nature, a savage predator and all these things are features of Destruction. 

Destruction is not only a good fight, it is a continuous fight to show who is the most appropriate to survive.

I'm hoping that the named Characters Destruction does have get given models one day; King Brodd, Globb Glittermaw, Braggoth Vardruk for etc.

• Like 2