The Rumour Thread

Hmm does the PtG book suggest these rules wont be in the GHB anymore... i'm starting to think maybe itll turn into a matched play only resource?

Similarly this could suggest theyre done with putting PtG in the battletomes - what id give to have those 10 pages in Blades of Khorne given over to more fluff!

Ill be waiting for reviews on this, as I felt a bit burned by the Skirmish release, not least for seeing it all in the WD released 4 days ago when we'd already tried it, broken it and moved on two weeks prior!

On a more positive note i do appreciate they keep trying these new things!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, hobgoblinclub said:

This thread is getting a little bit moany,  and not particularly rumoury. 

The rule that's causing the issue is the one below but, as it's on Khul's warscroll, it surely wouldn't apply if you didn't take him in your army. 

The beauty of AoS is that you don't need books and rules from all over the place. If someone has the Bloodbound book but hasn't downloaded the Khul scroll they wouldn't know about this bolt-on rule.

GW setting a precedent of scrolls which force you to play other scrolls in different ways would get very messy indeed. 

Granted, it's not 100% clear, however. If you'd like to continue the discussion further, could someone please open a thread in the chaos section of the forum. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_2017-06-18-15-31-47.png

I don't know.  Summoning spells exist even if you don't have the scrolls they appear in in your army. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 7:58 AM, Louzi said:

It is exactly what we needed: a goretide nerf. Good job gw, keep going...

Arguably if you have Korghos in the Goretide couldn't you get Aqshy's Bane twice and do two pile in and attacks in your hero phase?  I mean, Korghos is still a/the "mighty lord of khorne"

What has me most excited about Path to Glory is mentioning Brayherd Gors as being part of "Beasts of Chaos'. This to me, indicates a re-merger of stuff like Brayherds, Warherds and Monsters of Chaos in future. Probably not merged into a single faction with all the good synergies, but makes sense with the move to combined tomes for linked factions.

It makes me interested what other factions they might combine into common groupings in future. The thing is, there's a huge difference between Stormcast Eternals or Khorne Bloodbound and a faction like Fyreslayers or Ironjawz or Freeguilds, just due to the sheer amount of different options Stormcast Eternals and Bloodbound have. So will they combine more related factions, or will they split say Stormcast into more themed warbands (Say Lord Aquillor, Palladors, Vanguard-Hunters, Vanguard-Raptors, Prosecutors).

Could be an interesting release to shed some light on things to come.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

It makes me interested what other factions they might combine into common groupings in future. The thing is, there's a huge difference between Stormcast Eternals or Khorne Bloodbound and a faction like Fyreslayers or Ironjawz or Freeguilds, just due to the sheer amount of different options Stormcast Eternals and Bloodbound have. So will they combine more related factions, or will they split say Stormcast into more themed warbands (Say Lord Aquillor, Palladors, Vanguard-Hunters, Vanguard-Raptors, Prosecutors).

This is why I was interested to see the reboxing of the Duardin units, and still labelled 'Dispossessed' and 'Ironweld Arsenal' - the latter being a faction completely in-operable in of itself. Points toward a more intuitive army composition system in GHB2 perhaps? Certain factions able to tack on to other factions (almost like 40k detachments?)

It's that, or we have another few years of useless factions that only have a place in mixed allegiance lists. I can't imagine there's an Ironweld Arsenal battletome on it's way any time soon...

• Like 1

Is it to be expected we'llsee a kit for poxwalkers that could also be used in AoS? The poxwalkers in the new 40k box are a little to techy, but I could see a kit that works for both systems. Plague-zombies were a thing way back in Warhammer fantasy... 

4 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Is it to be expected we'llsee a kit for poxwalkers that could also be used in AoS? The poxwalkers in the new 40k box are a little to techy, but I could see a kit that works for both systems. Plague-zombies were a thing way back in Warhammer fantasy... 

Mark my words. Nurgly is coming fast..

1. So far it would appear that some of those maggot things spotted in 40k art could be new beasts of Nurgle.

2. Pox walkers would provide the Nurgle version of Kairic Acolytes and Blood Reavers.

3. in The new Plague Garden by Josh Reynolds we are introduced to Nurgle Beastmen. Could that be GW telling us that Pestigors might be on their way as a Tzaangor alternative.

4. In the Blood Bowl Deathzone season 1 the Nurgle team is included so we know that they remain official and has been updated with new positions too. 

5.. After releasing 40k it makes perfect sense to start on Nurgly as the alternative Tzaanuary in two short weeks. The SEVENTH month in the year 201SEVENteen.

Ladies and gentlemen you may put on your tinfoil hats..

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

4. In the Blood Bowl Deathzone season 1 the Nurgle team is included so we know that they remain official and has been updated with new positions too. 

I completely agree with what you've said, but would say to be cautious when looking at anything in Blood Bowl as GW have confirmed that it's set in the old world and they're aiming to replicate all of the old teams for the updated version.

At Fest GW said that they've probably 3 or 4 months' worth of releases for 40k during which the AoS releases will be lighter - not saying we won't get Nurgle, but not entirely sure it'll be next month (but we can keep our pus-ridden fingers crossed)

18 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

June21RumourEngine.jpg

New Rumour Engine image.

I reckon it's the head of some kind of Shadow Aelf ogre sized, heavy infantry. A Guillermo del Toro style hybrid of organic and manufactured material. A bit like the dark Eldar Talos...Well that would be cool anyway.

• Like 3