The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

So to recap what we can expect in the next book:

Grombrindal is reuniting the dwarfs.

Kragnos is some kind of bear/elk/lion centaur and is potentially destruction aligned.

Lord Kroak is getting ready to nuke us all.

Witch Hunters are coming.

And The Murder-Peacocks are making moves.

Did I forget anyone?

Skaven have yet to be covered

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Kragnos is some kind of bear/elk/lion centaur and is potentially destruction aligned.

Did I forget anyone?

So End Times 2.0 ?;P

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm not complaining :P I'm trying to explain why some people may feel  that way. I think I was pretty clear when I said "I don't mind if there's a new Stormcast release" and "the reason people complain"

i think the three reason i sort of agree with

A. it sort of the boring choice, like no one is going to be surprise if they are in the Starter

B. they have a lot of models already

C. new things will probably make old things worser then they are now

I sort of think they are a necessary poster boy for newer player to get in the game as a Gateway (every games need a Ryu)

even if people think their deepstriking ability hinder newer player learning the game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

How anyone can still complain about “more Stormcast” nearly six years into AoS is baffling. They are the poster army. There is *going* to be more Stormcast. 

The battletome is also one of the oldest and in dire need of an update.

I've been painting a Stardrake for weeks now, praying to Sigmar that his warscroll gets an update by the time I finish him. He's glorious to look at but I don't want to think what my brother's Mawcrusha will do to him when they first meet :(

• Like 1

The Children look really cool. I think I prefer the regular Keeper but I would absolutely get one of the children as a second keeper as they look awesome. Slaanesh is spoilt for choice when it comes to hero models although my favourite is still the Infernal Enrapturesses.

Kragnos looks terrifying, I am actually hoping even more that he is a Kurnothi now. I like the idea that they represent a spectrum ranging from waywatchers with antlers on when end, Wardancers with satyr and centaur qualities towards the centre and Bearhorsethings on the opposite extreme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So Broken Realms : Kragnos. Battles in Ghur around Excelsis : 

-  Knight Excelsior with Order Of Azyr troops and the Ven Denst family (in the Age of Myth, a Shysh-born Noble House, to be precise) - At LAST the artworks of Excelsis will be published ? 

- Hedonites Of Slaanesh with Sigvald, Glutos and the Twin Newborn (gorgeous model, I love the one with the Peacock robe - the Butterfly one is cool too but look like the orignal Keeper too much IMO).

- Seraphon intervenes with Kroak

- Gordrakk and Skargrott lead a Waaagh ! 

So Kragnos...... Where does that bestial (was said to belong to Destruction) yet cultured (jewels) dude is meant to fit ???

we don't have a confirmation that he's Destruction, its just speculation at the moment.

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Broken realms Kragnos is going to be packed.  That does suggest it might be the last book though. What about destruction??The little tease of Kragnos's face is very interesting. There's a pretty high chance we will see their model next week. 

2 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Does have me wondering where destruction will fit into all this. So far we have Kroak and the Newborn slotted to be attached to the Kragnos book. So for sure a focus on Seraphon and Slaneesh who I imagine will get the "gold" treatment of battalions to go with the releases.

Kragnos is still unknown if he's destruction adjacent, and we've yet to have any mention of Destruction grand alliance in any of the broken realms released so far.

Honestly I don't think destruction is going to show up in broken realms in any capacity. I don't think it's a coincidence that destruction got a bunch of white dwarf articles in 2020, it was probably because they weren't going to show up in broken realms.

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Did I forget anyone?

Factions that havent shown up yet: Slaanesh, Khorne, Skaven, Beasts of chaos, Sylvaneth, all of destruction.
So far we've got 3 factions already confirmed, Slaanesh, Seraphon, and Cities of Sigmar.
Narratively destruction is completely united at the moment, so unless we see a brand new destruction faction it would be hard to put a single faction or two in, you'd need to bring the whole lot. It also doesn't make sense to make Gordrakk's WAAAGH! the B plot of the book after building it up for so long.
Kragnos being part of destruction would almost certainly create a power struggle between him and Gordrakk unless Kragnos serves under Gordrakk. No matter the outcome it would be way too anticlimactic after building up Gordrakk's WAAAGH! and Kragnos.
Kragnos probably won't lead a new destruction army. If he does we'd be getting basically back-to-back big destruction releases with BR:Kragnos then AOS3 which everyone thinks will be destruction, with probably a new army in the starter box.
The broken realms books have covered 5-6 factions each, if destruction is in kragnos this book would have 7 before we even get to kragnos. If they included all the other non-destruction factions this book would have 6, which lines up with the other releases.
The inclusion of Khorne, skaven, and BoC line up WAY better narratively against kroak and witch hunters than destruction. Seraphon's primary concern is chaos, and the order of azyr would be similar. Sylvaneth and BoC are classic enemies as well, and Khorne also fits in well since they are opposed to both order and slaanesh.
That kragnos image we saw is very dark looking, and is actually quite reminiscent of the aesthetic seen in many of the BoC artwork. BoC are the darkness that lurks in the wilds of the realms, the style of paganistic dark horror is entirely theirs. Destruction isn't depicted in that way generally either.
One of the BoC origin legends is that they are all descended from a single god-beast, the "Gor Father", what became of him was lost to time but some believe he is still alive.
Kragnos is a centaur like creature of some sort. 2 non-destruction armies already have that aesthetic and neither have shown up in broken realms yet (BoC & Kurnothi although the art probably means it isn't kurnothi)

In the original trailer Kragnos said that "his people were gone" which is an important distinction from "dead". While it could mean the same thing, it could also mean they are no longer where they used to be. Kragnos has presumably been gone for a long time. Its worth noting that one of the major oppositions to Sigmar's colonizing of the realms during the age of myth were the beasts of chaos who were driven out in order to build up civilization.

I'm not saying kragnos can't be destruction, he certainly might be, but to me it looks like all the evidence points to him being chaos aligned, specifically BoC, who share aesthetic elements with destruction, but differ immensely in motivation. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Sound the horns! We must summon @KingBrodd and his mighty Stomp!!!

2 hours ago, novakai said:

well with all these big models; Hot take BR Kragnos is shaping up to be the Kaiju Godzilla battle royal story between Kragnos, Kroak, and the two Newborn.

First off those Newborn models are absolutely stunning and more importantly our first look at Kragnos now has me hoping he is for BOC!? He fits the aesthetic so well!! 

On the other hand if Kragnos does indeed end up leading another Destruction Faction could it be my runner up dream to the Sons? That of an army of anthropomorphic Animals!?

14 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

we don't have a confirmation that he's Destruction, its just speculation at the moment.

Honestly I don't think destruction is going to show up in broken realms in any capacity. I don't think it's a coincidence that destruction got a bunch of white dwarf articles in 2020, it was probably because they weren't going to show up in broken realms.

Factions that havent shown up yet: Slaanesh, Khorne, Skaven, Beasts of chaos, Sylvaneth, all of destruction.
So far we've got 3 factions already confirmed, Slaanesh, Seraphon, and Cities of Sigmar.
Narratively destruction is completely united at the moment, so unless we see a brand new destruction faction it would be hard to put a single faction or two in, you'd need to bring the whole lot. It also doesn't make sense to make Gordrakk's WAAAGH! the B plot of the book after building it up for so long.
Kragnos being part of destruction would almost certainly create a power struggle between him and Gordrakk unless Kragnos serves under Gordrakk. No matter the outcome it would be way too anticlimactic after building up Gordrakk's WAAAGH! and Kragnos.
Kragnos probably won't lead a new destruction army. If he does we'd be getting basically back-to-back big destruction releases with BR:Kragnos then AOS3 which everyone thinks will be destruction, with probably a new army in the starter box.
The broken realms books have covered 5-6 factions each, if destruction is in kragnos this book would have 7 before we even get to kragnos. If they included all the other non-destruction factions this book would have 6, which lines up with the other releases.
The inclusion of Khorne, skaven, and BoC line up WAY better narratively against kroak and witch hunters than destruction. Seraphon's primary concern is chaos, and the order of azyr would be similar. Sylvaneth and BoC are classic enemies as well, and Khorne also fits in well since they are opposed to both order and slaanesh.
That kragnos image we saw is very dark looking, and is actually quite reminiscent of the aesthetic seen in many of the BoC artwork. BoC are the darkness that lurks in the wilds of the realms, the style of paganistic dark horror is entirely theirs. Destruction isn't depicted in that way generally either.
One of the BoC origin legends is that they are all descended from a single god-beast, the "Gor Father", what became of him was lost to time but some believe he is still alive.
Kragnos is a centaur like creature of some sort. 2 non-destruction armies already have that aesthetic and neither have shown up in broken realms yet (BoC & Kurnothi although the art probably means it isn't kurnothi)

In the original trailer Kragnos said that "his people were gone" which is an important distinction from "dead". While it could mean the same thing, it could also mean they are no longer where they used to be. Kragnos has presumably been gone for a long time. Its worth noting that one of the major oppositions to Sigmar's colonizing of the realms during the age of myth were the beasts of chaos who were driven out in order to build up civilization.

I'm not saying kragnos can't be destruction, he certainly might be, but to me it looks like all the evidence points to him being chaos aligned, specifically BoC, who share aesthetic elements with destruction, but differ immensely in motivation. 

The problem that I have with your argument is that Destruction had 3 BR short stories at this moment. It doesn't make any sense to open a storyline to go anywhere.

BoC doesn't appear at this moment so it is very hard to believe that it would be one of the protagonists when all the past protagonists appeared in stories before the BR was released.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The problem that I have with your argument is that Destruction had 3 BR short stories at this moment. It doesn't make any sense to open a storyline to go anywhere.

BoC doesn't appear at this moment so it is very hard to believe that it would be one of the protagonists when all the past protagonists appeared in stories before the BR was released.

Hopefully BOC will show up in next weeks story, or even afterwards Kragnos may be not coming until mid May or even late May.

I just want BOC players to get their dues as well. 

****** I hope next week is the Kragnos reveal!! This is just like the Sons of Behemat teasing again, they keep showing incredible models but I am too distracted at what could be!! I think we are all in agreement on one thing, hes either Kurnoth, BOC or Destruction which honestly is a win no matter where he falls. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully BOC will show up in next weeks story, or even afterwards Kragnos may be not coming until mid May or even late May.

I just want BOC players to get their dues as well. 

This is why you deserve to be King to all, Gargant and Gor alike.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

As long as he's better than Cutler.

As a Chicago transplant living in Texas for the better part of 20 years now, it is nice to see this, lol.

Anyways, I'm super curious to see if Kragnos is BoC related or Destruction related. Seems less and less likely to be Kurnothi but still possible I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Most of the BR stories came after book announcements where we already knew what they were tying into with the destruction stories being the exception since we started getting them as far back as the morathi book but they still haven't shown up in any books. In fact the very first story was a destruction one, and they've yet to appear. Once we know what Kragnos is, that's when we should start getting stories for it, although given that we know that kroak, slaanesh, and witch hunters are in kragnos we might get a story involving them before we find out what kragnos is.

I think the destruction story ties into the new edition, and not kragnos. My guess is that the new starter box either IS the siege of excelsis, or is a precursor to it. If it's gitmob like I've heard rumors for (and they've been mentioned in BR stories), it would actually make a lot of sense as an initial raid, and we might actually get a BR book after the new edition drops as the first narrative event of aos3. 

• Like 1

The Age of Hoof and Horn begin with Kragnos.  Tear it all down, destroy everything, the primordial children return.  

im getting really pumped after the picture that Kragnos will be at least BoC adjacent.  I’m really setting myself up for disappointment here.

• Like 1

With the Witch Hunters confirmed it Kragnos, I wonder if Gravelords will have a tie in to BR Kragnos too, being released in parallel or shortly there after? I have to believe there is no way that the Witch Hunters do NOT have anything to do with Gravelords..

Edited by BaylorCorvette

12 hours ago, Bombort said:

Comparism_old_new_size.JPG.b109bc05bd4146ddb23b35bf2bbd19e4.JPG

So you really think a smaller size like above would impact maneuvering so much, that there is a need to wave it goodbye?

Nobody knows if shooting units get stronger before all rules are known.

I think it is a good thing, that they sell these new Playfields on Cardboard. (Maybe this affects the 3.0 Edition like Cursed City?)

Although i loved the plastic playfield, it was way too expensive for a core item needed to play. I would love it, if gw started to produce its own game-mats for an ok price. I have a few from other companys an they are great for playing.

Yes, a board that pathetically small for a 28mm game which commonly has multiple large centerpieces for side will make the game worse. And part of the rumors state that charge reactions such as overwatch and flee will be added, nerfing melee and buffing shooting even more. I hope these rumors are false because playing a tiny, cluttered board is what killed 9th edition for my group (that and the overly convoluted process to just play a game)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

in the book black pyramid, a goat shaman called ghosteater took his people of to be more then just meat for the slaanesh army. In the end of that book ghost eater talks to a sigmar priest. They have a conversation about a beast god that isnt here but sigmar is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yeurl slachyr wraith said:

Kragnos is the leader of Destruction dixit WITHEFANG himself. There are not discuss. Kragnos isn't BOC.

Kragnos and Gordrakk can't coexist in that manner. Gordrakk won't bow to kragnos, which means conflict, which means Gordrakk is dead/defeated which interrupts the entire destruction narrative since it's Gordrakks' "charisma" which is literally the only thing holding the army together. Could Kragnos kill gordrakk and replace him? yes, the writers can do what they want. Is it good storytelling? no.
Gordrakk's entire motivation is to break into Azyr to fight sigmar because nothing else is challenging and Sigmar was a good matchup for Gorkamorka, and for Orcs might makes right and the strongest leads.

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

in the book black pyramid, a goat shaman called ghosteater took his people of to be more then just meat for the slaanesh army. In the end of that book ghost eater talks to a sigmar priest. They have a conversation about a beast god that isnt here but sigmar is.

Sigmarite Beastmen sound awesome!

• Like 1