The Rumour Thread

I‘ll share my theory on Kragnos here as well. Mostly, about his parentage and history. Could be completely off-base but it‘s fun to speculate.

It‘s my belief that Kragnos is the child of Alarielle and Kurnoth, conceived in an attempt to create a union of nature‘s grandest attributes, growth and untamedness.

When Kurnoth was slain during the Age of Chaos, Kragnos was stricken with all of his fathers beastly ferocity,  leading to Alarielle having to seal him away and exterminate his ravening followers.

That‘s why Kragnos mentions his people being gone and why he will indeed be a force of destruction. He used to be nominally a force of Order, but that changed after he, a new god half of nature and half of savagery, essentially was overcharged with the energies of Kurnoth which completely overrode his more „approachable“ aspects.

This is also why Alarielle knows of a greater threat. For what else could be more destructive than her son, a god with the united powers of two major gods who also happened to absorb the energies of one of them?

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

Daemon Lord! Slaanesh and I are in an infuriating tsundere relationship since I stated Age of Sigmar. I love the background, potential and imagery for Slaanesh but the core daemon models just don't hit the mark. I may just bite the proverbial bullet and start a Supreme Sybarites Warscroll for the model I like.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremierty said:

The one that puzzles me the most is the one with the leather straps at the back of his helmet, forefront on the far right !

They all have this. I mean, all the SCE ^^
These look like Liberators, they obviously are Liberators!

Edited by Eternalis

5 minutes ago, Eternalis said:

They all have this. I mean, all the SCE ^^
These look like Liberators, they obviously are Liberators!

Woooooah ! Well... I painted like 1250 points of stormcasts and like 14 sequitors and never noticed them !! I had to check on my models to realize that it was there and I completely f@#%ed up by painting the whole helmet in gold ! 

My life was a lie !!!

Thank you for making me repaint the back of the helmet of my whole stormcast collection xD

Edited by Jeremierty
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

The Chicago Bears won Super bowl 56 with Running QB/ Defensive Pass rusher/ special teams Kicker Rookie MVP Kragnos from Beastgrave University.

Aaron Rodger retires from Green bay packer after accumulating PTSD from being sack 50 times by Kragnos lead defense during the regular Season, which was considered the best defense since the 86 Bears team

Kragnos then proceeds to win the next nine Super Bowls back to back before retiring, with his final win he celebrates by eating fifty deep dish pizzas and going to the bathroom on Tom Brady's front lawn.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

nDwwOYFPYlEkO1H0.jpg.cb83d47aec66b25d87953eb9dfc19a45.jpg

q7X82ckeAdozGO80.jpg.bd19ffe773b9a3e8e10560da3a01a8f2.jpg

Looking forward to Kragnos! Anyone else thinking that this newborn variant looks like 5 times better than the other one and the second one feels like a cash-grab cause this one is so much cooler?

That said, Slaanesh rivals Khorne in kits now - I hope we'll get Skaven soon though cause they must feel really left out by now.

• Like 2

I’m really hoping for Kragnos to be the primordial progenitor of the Beastmen, come back to find his children mistakenly lumped in with the foolish chaos gods.  He will surely drag them back to their rightful place as the Beasts of the Wild or Beasts of Destruction and (mostly) abandon the chaos forces aside from a few petulant children who have betrayed themselves and allied with one of the weak gods.

I just really want my Beasts to get something nice.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

So Broken Realms : Kragnos. Battles in Ghur around Excelsis : 

-  Knight Excelsior with Order Of Azyr troops and the Ven Denst family (in the Age of Myth, a Shysh-born Noble House, to be precise) - At LAST the artworks of Excelsis will be published ? 

- Hedonites Of Slaanesh with Sigvald, Glutos and the Twin Newborn (gorgeous model, I love the one with the Peacock robe - the Butterfly one is cool too but look like the orignal Keeper too much IMO).

- Seraphon intervenes with Kroak

- Gordrakk and Skargrott lead a Waaagh ! 

So Kragnos...... Where does that bestial (was said to belong to Destruction) yet cultured (jewels) dude is meant to fit ???

• Like 1

Those are very cool Daemon’s, feels odd though, was there not just a Hedonites book, are they in the book?

Now, if Kragnos is a Bear Elk Centaur Demi God it could spell trouble for my Warhammer finances. You may not be aware but I’m a long time fan of the Bear Elk Centaur Aesthetic....

Speaking plainly though, if that image in fact the face of Kragnos then I eagerly await the rest of him and his force. 

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

While I wouldn't mind more Stormcast in the new edition (though I would prefer witch hunter humans!), I think the reason people complain is because they're the poster army and that leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths :) Stormcast are not at all on the same level of 'poster boy' as Spacemarines are, but I think people worry they'll become that way (justified worry or not). Personally I think AoS has only gotten better since we saw a big slow down in SCE releases - not because of fewer Stormcast, but because of more everything else.

- Doesnt see a whole SCE release in nearly 3 years

- Complains about SCE releases

Bro are you ok? Take a walk or something

Baffling how people project their own worries on to the whole fanbase

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

well with all these big models; Hot take BR Kragnos is shaping up to be the Kaiju Godzilla battle royal story between Kragnos, Kroak, and the two Newborn.

Seems like a decent place to put the Order of Azyr in as well, they're basically an order of monster hunters, right? So maybe those factions get a Kaiju release, and CoS gets some kind of monster hunting battalion.

Those new daemons are insane, the peacock thing and all those arms and the flying pose... just fantastic. And I really like that the slaanesh story continues in the BR books. The newborn was a massive thing, but the story hasn’t evolved beyond it’s appearance. While Slaanesh being trapped and getting free (partially) is a story that had been going on since the very beginning of AoS. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

- Doesnt see a whole SCE release in nearly 3 years

- Complains about SCE releases

Bro are you ok? Take a walk or something

Baffling how people project their own worries on to the whole fanbase

I'm not complaining :P I'm trying to explain why some people may feel  that way. I think I was pretty clear when I said "I don't mind if there's a new Stormcast release" and "the reason people complain"

• Like 1

Those broken realms model releases:

Lumineth: a whole new range of models!

Chaos: two fantastic new centrepieces!

Seraphon: a fantastic update to Kroak!

Cities: first actual release in years!

Stormcast: yet another dude with a hammer I guess

Nighthaunt: some ghost idk 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2