The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Doko said:

What hapens with the constant and infinite release of new demons? Any factions as fyreslayers have got 0 new releases in 6 year but slanesh with this is their 3 wave? With as 10 kits and 2 tomes in last year......this is a joke

cross system, cross army and daemons are four armies in AoS

and Fyreslayer are kind of hail as being very unpopular judging by polls and community feed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, dekay said:

Nice as they are, it is likely the shortest time period that battletome/codex has been up to date. Slaanesh literally just got the update and just a few months later there are already models not in the book. Cool.

Are we complaining about new models now? It's not like it's the second half of an obviously unfinished battletome (coughLRLcough), it's just a new model and the warscrolls will be free.

• Like 6

Does have me wondering where destruction will fit into all this. So far we have Kroak and the Newborn slotted to be attached to the Kragnos book. So for sure a focus on Seraphon and Slaneesh who I imagine will get the "gold" treatment of battalions to go with the releases.

Kragnos is still unknown if he's destruction adjacent, and we've yet to have any mention of Destruction grand alliance in any of the broken realms released so far.

1 minute ago, Shankelton said:

Does have me wondering where destruction will fit into all this. So far we have Kroak and the Newborn slotted to be attached to the Kragnos book. So for sure a focus on Seraphon and Slaneesh who I imagine will get the "gold" treatment of battalions to go with the releases.

Kragnos is still unknown if he's destruction adjacent, and we've yet to have any mention of Destruction grand alliance in any of the broken realms released so far.

yeah

that where the theory that AoS 3.0 is going to be Destruction heavy has been floating around if Kragnos is the last BR book

what they will do I have no idea

Yeah, Slaanesh was extremely underserved for years longer than Fyreslayers even existed. I get the pain but save the opprobrium for space marines instead of taking it out on a faction that was (not terribly plausibly but still) discussed as being squatted entirely for a good few years.

Definitely unfortunate how badly designed most things about Fyreslayers are and consequently how unpopular they are though.

I do wonder if the Newborn twins will appear in 40k? They're daemon special characters, all of whom show up in both systems, but then they're quite tightly linked to the AoS narrative in a way that, say, Skarbrand or Rotigus aren't.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Oh, totally missed that the vampire hunters are confirmed for Kragnos as well! So I assume that means some implication for Cities will be in there to a small degree, which makes sense. Always cool to get more cities lore to flesh out the realms.

But yeah, Kragnos is feeling weirder by the minute xD. Greenskins are super Gorkamorka focused, so would be weird to see another godlike being bring them under a banner. So if he is destruction, I'd assume that means we'd see an expansion on the pantheon of destruction that wouldn't include orcs and goblins. Maybe Ogres would be involved? But not seeing it in the lore at the moment. They seem more to be there own thing like gargants. 

Wish we'd hurry up and get some nugget about Kragnos already to at least direct the speculation. Right now we have next to nothing xD

So there is a city called Excelsis, a shard of the old world located there called spear of Mallus

Goddrak is leading a great waaagh towards it, to open a gate to Azyr 

Slaaneshi force (Sigvald included) is heading to it for purpose unknown 

The city is also famous for its strict censoring and order of Azyr 

• Thanks 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

So to recap what we can expect in the next book:

Grombrindal is reuniting the dwarfs.

Kragnos is some kind of bear/elk/lion centaur and is potentially destruction aligned.

Lord Kroak is getting ready to nuke us all.

Witch Hunters are coming.

And The Murder-Peacocks are making moves.

Did I forget anyone?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So there is a city called Excelsis, a shard of the old world located there called spear of Mallus

Goddrak is leading a great waaagh towards it, to open a gate to Azyr 

Slaaneshi force (Sigvald included) is heading to it for purpose unknown 

The city is also famous for its strict censoring and order of Azyr 

Also Excelsis is the home of the Knights Excelsior who are the stormcast fighting Slaanesh in the pictures of the new models. 

i do think with all these centerpieces reveal, that Kragnos may not coming with his own full new army unless it like SOB where it consist of one or two units. or more likely he part of an existing army or brings the ability to mix play like Belekor

'if he get a new army it probably be in the near future.

Just now, novakai said:

i do think with all these centerpieces reveal, that Kragnos may not coming with his own full new army unless it like SOB where it consist of one or two units. or more likely he part of an existing army or brings the ability to mix play like Belekor

and he leads an army of bears to victory.

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

and he leads an army of bears to victory.

The Chicago Bears won Super bowl 56 with Running QB/ Defensive Pass rusher/ special teams Kicker Rookie MVP Kragnos from Beastgrave University.

Aaron Rodger retires from Green bay packer after accumulating PTSD from being sack 50 times by Kragnos lead defense during the regular Season, which was considered the best defense since the 86 Bears team

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Kragnos still looks BoC to me.

if he was a Lion and bit more noble looking i would be more leaning to Kurnothi because of the warband

but since it a Bear headed savage creature it kind of open it back up to BoC/ Destruction 

but those earing are really ornate though and their are trees on him so IDK

27 minutes ago, novakai said:

I can see this. A bit like how Szeras was released right at the end of 40k's Psychic Awakening right before the updated Necron range and 9th edition, or some of the heroes released as part of Malign Portents and right before AoS 2nd edition.

Kragnos probably would not have an associated army at all, so maybe BR: Kragnos comes with a get-you-by warscroll to slot him into... whatever. Sylvaneth. BoC. Any Destruction army, or something.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1