The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Me-dude-sa said:

I think I may have figured out the new Idoneth Underworlds Warband. These specific pieces seem more organic than BoC and Orruk models and also more aquatic, so it seems like the models maybe some sort of IDK hunters and a Beastmaster using a flute like a pied piper with some critters in the warband for good measure.

Idk.png

Idk2.png

Idk3.png

idk4.png

idk5.png

IDK6.png

Idk7.png

I believe that bone flute is Flesh-Eaters, possibly a Cursed City expansion 

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I thought the newest drama was that Cursed City was not making an appearance on shelves again? If that is true, then I doubt expansions are in the  future.

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

I thought the newest drama was that Cursed City was not making an appearance on shelves again? If that is true, then I doubt expansions are in the  future.

Everything relating to what’s going on with Cursed City is speculation and conspiracy theories. Supposedly they’ve said the box isn’t coming back *online* (a fact people are ignoring and reading it as ‘never coming back at all’) though that response was supposedly about the novel not the game.

they said expansions were coming, the rules say expansions are coming, the website hints at Nighthaunt and Flesh-Eaters. Expansions would have been ready ages ago, so they aren’t just going to scrap them now

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Any idea how to make this work for Chrome? I feel so lost, damn Tzeentch I hate change!!

If you're on mobile, press the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen. There should be a box you can tick, something akin to "request desktop site". It should now display the forum as if on a, well, desktop!

• Thanks 2

Regardless of the state of cursed city returning or not the way GW has handled it is appalling no matter the reasoning behind it. Telling almost every comment on Facebook that it’s a long term product then acting like they never said it by the time it had been and gone is ridiculous, a simple apology to the people who missed out on it based on what they said would’ve helped, maybe even made to order sets. They need to sort their communication between teams/with the community out. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Regardless of the state of cursed city returning or not the way GW has handled it is appalling no matter the reasoning behind it. Telling almost every comment on Facebook that it’s a long term product then acting like they never said it by the time it had been and gone is ridiculous, a simple apology to the people who missed out on it based on what they said would’ve helped, maybe even made to order sets. They need to sort their communication between teams/with the community out. 

The problem with made to order is all card product is made in China, they can’t just print more whenever they want like they can with models.

among the speculation and conspiracy theories I’ve seen:
-brexit adding tariffs because the China made components exceeded a 30% allowance of total content. The extra costs make it not financially worth making more. They sold what they had from their initial run at a huge loss and decided to discontinue it.
-the contract with their Chinese printer expired and the company no longer exists so they’re trying to sort out a new one (this one seems odd since no other product has been affected, yet all hardback books are printed in China too).
-gw did it on purpose to fuel fomo (fear of missing out).
-gw underestimated demand based on Blackstone Fortress sales (40K is a bigger seller than AoS so presumably they looked at BSF sales and made less than that - supposedly the stock should have lasted 6 months).
-nobody was supposed to say it was a regular range item and they’re removing those posts because it was a mistake. Theory being it WAS limited and they chose not to announce it so scalpers wouldn’t buy it all.

note that this is all just what I’ve seen posted around various places and none of it is my opinion or anything 

Something clearly went wrong, they intended to have expansions. Just look at the models they revealed recently, vampire characters from Cursed City and more witch hunters. They look very much like expansion content.
I think people who actually got the game say it has expansion hooks, so it was a never intended for a one-off.

• Like 6

I’ve a feeling Kritza the rat prince and the witch hunters may have initially been intended for a cursed city expansion. Regardless of whether they reprint it though, I’m sure at the very least they will release the models separately like they did with the indomitus stuff recently. 

8 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

If you're on mobile, press the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen. There should be a box you can tick, something akin to "request desktop site". It should now display the forum as if on a, well, desktop!

Thanks mate!! Definitely is going to take some getting used to but it works.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The problem with made to order is all card product is made in China, they can’t just print more whenever they want like they can with models.

A couple of the recent codex's have a Printed In The UK on them. It might be that GW is rejigging their printing across the board to be done at home, which whilst more expensive, it's not as if they've had to Ooo and Ahhh on whether or not something is going to sell these days.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

There is still one sword from the rumour engine that doesnt fit any of the vampires sword but people paired it with them - and it looks like an FEC sword imo

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Me-dude-sa said:

I think I may have figured out the new Idoneth Underworlds Warband. These specific pieces seem more organic than BoC and Orruk models and also more aquatic, so it seems like the models maybe some sort of IDK hunters and a Beastmaster using a flute like a pied piper with some critters in the warband for good measure.

Idk7.png

no because the hands on the flute are nurgling's one , but could be for sure a beastmaster idoneth wb , from the other hints.

And idoneth submit creatures in other ways, not by music ecc

Edited by calcysimon

remember that there will be 1 more hero for each faction already existing, they told us so, and they already show us 2, so maybe just 1 hint from rumours can be 1 model specific instead of multiple hints about a new faction ecc

Edited by calcysimon

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are we thinking is up for tonight? My fingers are crossed extra tight for a Preview next weekend. 

Aye I've got a feeling we'll get a Preview announced. When we do get one, if it's going to focus on Kragnos/Kroak I think this'll be my most anticipated Preview, and that's saying something after the Soulblight one. 

Expectations, Kragnos is literally just an extra character with no additional force, but ****** am I intrigued just to find out his backstory. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Aye I've got a feeling we'll get a Preview announced. When we do get one, if it's going to focus on Kragnos/Kroak I think this'll be my most anticipated Preview, and that's saying something after the Soulblight one. 

Expectations, Kragnos is literally just an extra character with no additional force, but ****** am I intrigued just to find out his backstory. 

He is finally an important AoS native character 

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are we thinking is up for tonight? My fingers are crossed extra tight for a Preview next weekend. 

I don't think we'll get another preview. Next week will almost definitely be admech followed by Necromunda. If we have another preview we will probably get it then. Warhammer community is doing weekly AoS reveals and regular articles for sisters, the new Orks and Horus Heresy. Aside from the rest of the soulblight and third edition, I'm not sure what they would put in a preview at this point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

He is finally an important AoS native character 

50 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think we'll get another preview. Next week will almost definitely be admech followed by Necromunda. If we have another preview we will probably get it then. Warhammer community is doing weekly AoS reveals and regular articles for sisters, the new Orks and Horus Heresy. Aside from the rest of the soulblight and third edition, I'm not sure what they would put in a preview at this point. 

I agree, we will get a preview in may with hints of 3rd ed and full soulblight reveal. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The fish squad! The IDK WU warband.