The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

Kragnos will be interesting, he's fully new for AoS right? Not like Teclis, Belakor or Morathi who have existing lore from both the Old World and AoS?

The other Broken Realm folks, Teclis, Belakor or Morathi all had existing armies they can fit into, so which faction/army will be able to take Kragnos do we think?

Yeah Kragnos is super fascinating like that. Some people think he'll be in Beasts of Chaos, some that he'll be in a Kurnothi army in either Order or Destruction, some think he might even be with a dwarf faction...

Personally I think he'll be the leader of an all-new Destruction army.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Yeah Kragnos is super fascinating like that. Some people think he'll be in Beasts of Chaos, some that he'll be in a Kurnothi army in either Order or Destruction, some think he might even be with a dwarf faction...

Personally I think he'll be the leader of an all-new Destruction army.

I think in the future he'll possibly get an army of his own, but for the BR book he'll need an existing army to fit with, unless they do surprise us and drop an entirely new army with that book. 

If I was forced to make a bet on it, I would say that Kragnos will be the leader of the destruction faction that is coming in the 3rd edition starter box which may be Hobgoblinesque. 

Personally I hope they are a bit more exotic. I would love a new Kurnothi army or a silent people army. 

The other big question is whether Broken Realms 4 is the last in the series. I really hope we get at least one more. 

Edited by Chikout
Spelt Hobgoblinesque wrong.

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If I was forced to make a bet on it, I would say that Kragnos will be the leader of the destruction faction that is coming in the 3rd edition starter box which may be Hobgloblinesque. 

Personally I hope they are a bit more exotic. I would love a new Kurnothi army or a silent people army. 

The other big question is whether Broken Realms 4 is the last in the series. I really hope we get at least one more. 

Legion of Azgor bull centaur god with hobgoblin worshipers?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If I was forced to make a bet on it, I would say that Kragnos will be the leader of the destruction faction that is coming in the 3rd edition starter box which may be Hobgloblinesque. 

I'm hoping for Kurnothi [so maybe fitting with Sylvaneth/order at the moment]. Hoping there is a 5th book in the BR series too the Belakor spoilers sound great for the setting.

16 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They'd really need to stuff Kragnos full of factions to make it the last one so I hope so

As far as factions that haven't shown up in BR yet we've got:

Sylvaneth, Skaven, BoC, Khorne, Slaanesh, Gitz, Orruks, Ogors, Sons of behemat, and soulblight.

There are decent odds soulblight won't see anything because of when the book releases.

We still need that new kroak warscroll somewhere so its likely seraphon will return and we could easily a new city as well.

I don't think its a coincidence Destruction started getting a bunch of white dwarf rules ~6months before broken realms (the ironsunz and gitz stuff) or that destruction hasn't shown up yet in BR and is narratively completely unified on a march to excelsis.

I don't think destruction will show up in BR at all (unless we get a 5th book), and the siege of excelsis will be a big narrative event for 3.0. Destruction was probably cut from BR because they'll be pushed hard in the next edition.

Kragnos will probably be BoC, Sylvaneth, Slaanesh, Khorne, skaven, seraphon and maybe cities.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

As far as factions that haven't shown up in BR yet we've got:

Sylvaneth, Skaven, BoC, Khorne, Slaanesh, Gitz, Orruks, Ogors, Sons of behemat, and soulblight.

There are decent odds soulblight won't see anything because of when the book releases.

We still need that new kroak warscroll somewhere so its likely seraphon will return and we could easily a new city as well.

I don't think its a coincidence Destruction started getting a bunch of white dwarf rules ~6months before broken realms (the ironsunz and gitz stuff) or that destruction hasn't shown up yet in BR and is narratively completely unified on a march to excelsis.

I don't think destruction will show up in BR at all (unless we get a 5th book), and the siege of excelsis will be a big narrative event for 3.0. Destruction was probably cut from BR because they'll be pushed hard in the next edition.

Kragnos will probably be BoC, Sylvaneth, Slaanesh, Khorne, skaven, seraphon and maybe cities.

I think Slaanesh is in the same situation as Soulblight.

IMG-20210417-WA0098.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, Nezzhil said:

I think Slaanesh is in the same situation as Soulblight.

IMG-20210417-WA0098.jpg

Yeah I definitely think its a possibility, but i'm less certain about slaanesh not getting in than soulblight.

14 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Pretty sure Kragnos is gonna be the leader of destruction 

pretty sure by all means

Honestly from a personal point of view there's basically nothing I would want less from a narrative perspective. I only find Gordrakk's leadership tolerable since he seems to be the avatar of GorkaMorka, but kragnos becoming the leader of destruction would necessitate Gordrakk's death or else the entire army would split and the narrative of destruction united would be undone.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I don't see him usurping gordrakk over the course of a single book.

Seraphon broken realms box sold out in NZ in a couple hours (we haven’t had Stegadons for over 2 years). Local gw store isn’t getting any in either. I didn’t have the funds to preorder and was hoping to pick it up on release day 😥 I’m going to have to scour all the third party stores here trying get at least 1 (ideally 2) as I was hoping to run Stegageddon at a tournament in 3 weeks...

So my best guess is this.

Tomorrow we have a Preview announced for the 24th.

Mondays Model reveal is Kragnos.

Saturdays Preview shows Broken Realms Kragnos.

Following Monday reveal is another mini for Kragnos or alternatively something for a 5th BR book, if that happens.

May's Preview is a tease or reveal of 3.0 for June or BR 5 reveal and tease for 3.0 in July.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So my best guess is this.

Tomorrow we have a Preview announced for the 24th.

Mondays Model reveal is Kragnos.

Saturdays Preview shows Broken Realms Kragnos.

Following Monday reveal is another mini for Kragnos or alternatively something for a 5th BR book, if that happens.

May's Preview is a tease or reveal of 3.0 for June or BR 5 reveal and tease for 3.0 in July.

Na Kragnos is definitely something they’d hold back for a Warhammer Online preview show

Ash has his review/overview up for Broken Realms. Make sure to send him some love for doing this for every release. Feels a little more bare bones than previous books in terms of rules. Also, I was very relieved to see Be'Lakor was still S2D!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I really missed TGA! I made a pilgrimage to my localish Warhammer store yesterday and the guy there was telling me that all resin and metal models would be replaced by plastic by the end of next year and he had been told that this June and July would be the “Summer if Sigmar” , so it sounds like this crazy pace of releases will continue! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4