The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I imagine the original plan was to release everything at a more reasonable pace. The point booklet for Cursed City indicates that game was supposed to be released in November of last year. The intention was probably to release Broken Realms books every two months or so to give them room to breathe, but that got screwed up by COVID. Just look at the huge release gap we had last year. GW are probably still trying to catch up from that.

Makes sense. Cursed City is a total xmas gift release. Looks like we are on track for AOS 3 over summer then. 

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Yes, GW, you know, we need some time to read your books, to buy your models, to paint them and to play with them. 

Some of us have jobs!!*

*to be able to buy your models

yeah yesterday i was angry at my wife (but didn't tell her) because we are binge watching a show and i'm not able to paint more that 30min/1h a day because of the work and the child ... then i remember it was for a hobby but i'm still frustrated seeing the backlog and the new release .. at least i'm glad i'm not into every thing that are being released but i failed for Cursed city damn me !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Kroak is not named in the last Flashpoint as part of the BR Be'lakor

Just to call this out more clearly. The latest White Dwarf arrived today, with a Broken Realms flashpoint. There's narrative and rules for the War for Tepok's Eye, which features Seraphon vs Chaos. Belakor is a main part of the story, but his new model is not featured. It's a regular or garden variety Slann Starmaster leading the Seraphon, and I haven't spotted any reference to Kroak after skimming the article this morning. This suggests although Seraphon are part of BR Belakor, Kroak himself might not be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

This new kroak is absolutely amazing. Another big and gorgeous model released with the broken realms. And for me it completely came out of nowhere.

although I’m not a fan of the quick pace the BR books are getting released now, with just over a month between Teclis and be’lakor, I love what they are doing with new models. This way lots of armies get new stuff, be it a single model or an entire range. With so many armies I feel like this is the way to move forward. Instead of waiting many, many years for a new battletome like with warhammer fantasy. 

the only thing I would like is for a somewhat slower pace of releases and more attention for the stuff that is released. The hype for new things is great, but I would also love some continued attention when things are finally out. 

WHFB release were so few and far inbetween. I remember a time in the very early 2000s where I swear Fantasy didnt have a single release for almost 18 months or at least that's how it felt.

I believe Lizardmen dropped (updated) in 2002 then Ogre Kingdoms wasnt until 2005(?) from memory. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Just to call this out more clearly. The latest White Dwarf arrived today, with a Broken Realms flashpoint. There's narrative and rules for the War for Tepok's Eye, which features Seraphon vs Chaos. Belakor is a main part of the story, but his new model is not featured. It's a regular or garden variety Slann Starmaster leading the Seraphon, and I haven't spotted any reference to Kroak after skimming the article this morning. This suggests although Seraphon are part of BR Belakor, Kroak himself might not be.

Perhaps the fallout of BR Belakor spurs Kroak into action, Chaos may get a massive win in Belakors book and Kroak say not on my watch and comes back against Belakor. 

Meaning he will either show up in Kragnos OR there is 5th book titled Kroak or yet another God level hero.

• Like 1

I still think the broken realms series will continue after 3rd edition. 

Kragos is next after Belakor we know. I would imagine Kroak will get one after that. 

Then if it were me I would launch AoS 3 with a Indomitus style box that means you can recreate a battle from the book after Kroak (destruction vs order?) which in turns leads to the 3 different sized starter sets like 40k.

Then have the broken realms series continue advancing the story even more and giving us updates to both models and battletomes. 

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Why does everyone keep saying "indominus style" box? Was there something different or more to it that made it not just a "starter" kit for a new edition?

Not poking fun, I'm just thrown off here.

Indomitus was limited (later made 'made to order' for some time) and contained more models than current starter

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Why does everyone keep saying "indominus style" box? Was there something different or more to it that made it not just a "starter" kit for a new edition?

Not poking fun, I'm just thrown off here.

The Indominus box was a limited box. It wasn't coined as a starter box, those currently are the Recruit/Elite/Command editions for 40k.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I still think the broken realms series will continue after 3rd edition. 

Kragos is next after Belakor we know. I would imagine Kroak will get one after that. 

Then if it were me I would launch AoS 3 with a Indomitus style box that means you can recreate a battle from the book after Kroak (destruction vs order?) which in turns leads to the 3 different sized starter sets like 40k.

Then have the broken realms series continue advancing the story even more and giving us updates to both models and battletomes. 

I really hope it does continue after third edition. I would love it to end up being a 10 book series. I don't particularly want gw to go back on the treadmill and redo every battletome again. The warscroll updates we have seen so far have been great. That would be enough to give most factions an extra lease of life.

They could do bigger Lumineth style updates for Beasts of Chaos, Slyvaneth etc and give people the option of buying a battletome if they prefer. Aside from the fact that it was too soon, the way they updated the Lumineth was good. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Raviv said:

A new article about Be'lakor is up, with a certain hint at Malerion...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/13/7-reasons-belakor-doesnt-have-any-friends/

8RhQELhDeGOyHBpY.jpg.1bfaf87db173d3ea2ea47a8b6a285dab.jpg

Interesting new (?) depiction of the Mortal Realms ! 

The eight Realmspheres, the Allpoints at the center (first colonized by the Seraphon / the Old Ones ??) with the Aetheric Void around, I guess the many lights between the Realms are Reamlgates routes, and finally the Realm of Chaos trying to devour those poor eight pocket of reality (you can see shadows of the four Chaos gods, interestingly Nurgle is over Ghyran, Khorne over Aqshy, Slaanesh over Ulgu and Tzeentch over Chamon). 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

That article was very fun. Obviously written by someone who enjoyed what they were doing.  It’s like 90’s GW all over again! (That’s a good thing, btw)

I seriously can’t wait for this model. I’ve already been warned though, allocations are rough. Pre-order if you want one. My store BARELY got two:  one for myself and one for another guy. 

Just now, azdimy said:

Too soon? Dok was close to 3 years old. Seraphon is just a year old

Yeah GW definitely wouldn't come out with a battletome for an army in under a year (stares at Lumineth).

But I do agree, I do not think Seraphon are getting a new book yet. I think Kroak will either be in BR Be'lakor or possibly BR Kroak (if that is a thing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Too soon? Dok was close to 3 years old. Seraphon is just a year old

Slaneesh was 2 years old, lumineth not even 1 year old.

A new tome to Lizardmen is neccessary if they want to keep toning down the powercreep and autoplays as they did with wave 2 lumineth, slaneesh and dok.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

8RhQELhDeGOyHBpY.jpg.1bfaf87db173d3ea2ea47a8b6a285dab.jpg

Interesting new (?) depiction of the Mortal Realms ! 

The eight Realmspheres, the Allpoints at the center (first colonized by the Seraphon / the Old Ones ??) with the Aetheric Void around, I guess the many lights between the Realms are Reamlgates routes, and finally the Realm of Chaos trying to devour those poor eight pocket of reality (you can see shadows of the four Chaos gods, interestingly Nurgle is over Ghyran, Khorne over Aqshy, Slaanesh over Ulgu and Tzeentch over Chamon). 

Hot take -

Belakor isnt after destroying the Anvil of Apotheosis or ****** over Archie.

It's Kroak he needed that poison for. 

Man wants to kill the toad to try and make himself the main character after Archie stole the spotlight in the last apocalypse.

Judging entirely from every call I've made so far though, ugh, this is 99% guaranteed to be the opposite of what is going on.

I also have no idea where Olynder or the KO suddenly appear in any of this?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Slaneesh was 2 years old, lumineth not even 1 year old.

A new tome to Lizardmen is neccessary if they want to keep toning down the powercreep and autoplays as they did with wave 2 lumineth, slaneesh and dok.

Both of them got a huge range expansion. Seraphon wont (and don’t really need it, they need a refresh of older kits, not loads of new stuff). Different situation. 

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Hot take -

Belakor isnt after destroying the Anvil of Apotheosis or ****** over Archie.

It's Kroak he needed that poison for. 

Man wants to kill the toad to try and make himself the main character after Archie stole the spotlight in the last apocalypse.

Judging entirely from every call I've made so far though, ugh, this is 99% guaranteed to be the opposite of what is going on.

I also have no idea where Olynder or the KO suddenly appear in any of this?

how about bella slaps arky about and makes him go away, thereby leaving him to sit on the empty throne.. (or arky makes him think that's what he's achieved because he needs to leave anyway for a busman's holiday...)

Which leaves arky to:

Not be lord of eightpoints, so he can go on vacation  and...

Go off and do behind the scenes big bad guy stuff like have a nice chat with slaanesh, who gets free... and who then allows arky to have a new model with an even bigger doorguard sporting the fourth head of slaanesh to complement the other three and a new price point of 125 bones.

Arky comes back 125 bones mightier, as does nagash who has been scheming to build himself a new model with an even bigger hat as his paled into insignificance in the face of Ticklelfs big hat, and they have a bella style menacingly  heroic pose, not some leaping kitty floaty wafty happy meadows pose, with which to come back and make the vampires and bella realise that they just went on an extended break and left them to do all the accounting / tax returns / take out the rubbish and mow the lawn type boring stuff.

(dis) Order is then restored in the story-arc-to-model-o-sphere, and cements the truth that the cost of all this cosmic balance ran in multiples of 125 bones.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
Spellin
  • Haha 1