The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nagash42 said:

I'm guessing morathi is  going to ****** over sigmar again with this redirection. 

Id imagine Kroak susses Morathi, who directs him to Belakor, because the toad could split ulgu in half by batting his eyelid and I guess it's all but confirmed that it was Belakor who freed the SCE from Har Kuron.

Two birds - one stone

Imagine Morathi hopes Belakor and Kroak both kill eachother off - though I imagine its quite hard for the unkillable ultra daemon prince or the zombie space frog die.

Edited by Dreddships
Because goof

1 hour ago, Athrawes said:

A snake is basically a legless lizard when you think about it and Mortathi leads the snake ladies.. And who leads the lizardMEN? Mama and PAPA reptile confirmed. 

Seraphon are all about stars, so i think Morathi/Kroak are confirmed star crossed lovers.

We shipping Morathi/Kroak now??? I'm down for that :D

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Counterpoint: Two of the recently released Lumineth named character centerpiece models (Severith,  Lyriol) are dual kits with a generic hero option.

Could go either way at this point.

True but then Kroak feels like a bigger deal, more of Teclis or a Katakros than a Severith or a Zandtos kind of figure. I don't want to rule it out but I doubt it.

RE: A Morathi/Kroak partnership, Kroak is if anything even more cold-blooded than Morathi. Probably he's capable of recognising that Morathi is pointing him at chaos for her own selfish Machiavellian reasons but doesn't care. She might have done Sigmar a bad turn but this is all minor details by transient youth-gods compared to the Great Plan.

How exactly are we reading her line, incidentally? Is she addressing Kroak and saying there's someone she and Kroak cannot destroy and thus need to redirect, or is she talking about Kroak as someone she cannot destroy and needs to redirect for her own purposes? My gut is that it's the latter.

20 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Hope Belakor and Kroak both kill eachother off - though I imagine its quite hard for the unkillable ultra daemon prince or the zombie space frog die.

What is it with everyone wanting to ‘kill off’ new models? First it was everyone complaining Teclis and/or Eltharion didn’t die in Broken Realms Teclis and now people are going to complain that Lord Kroak doesn’t die in Broken Realms Balakor?

• Like 3

Just now, Joseph Mackay said:

What is it with everyone wanting to ‘kill off’ new models? First it was everyone complaining Teclis and/or Eltharion didn’t die in Broken Realms Teclis and now people are going to complain that Lord Kroak doesn’t die in Broken Realms Balakor?

Mb, meant as in Morathi hoping lol.

18 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

How exactly are we reading her line, incidentally? Is she addressing Kroak and saying there's someone she and Kroak cannot destroy and thus need to redirect, or is she talking about Kroak as someone she cannot destroy and needs to redirect for her own purposes? My gut is that it's the latter.

Well, my gut is the former. To me, she is clearly addressing Kroak
Probably the unlikely alliance the preview was talking about.

Edited by Jator

That Lord Kroak model is jaw dropping! Absolutely fantastic model- the detail.. what a centrepiece! 

Also this fits into the prophesy - 

‘You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise!

Seeing as Kroak is surrounded by serpent iconography ... BR: Kroak is maybe a possibility ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silverstu said:

That Lord Kroak model is jaw dropping! Absolutely fantastic model- the detail.. what a centrepiece! 

Seeing as Kroak is surrounded by serpent iconography ... BR: Kroak is maybe a possibility ..

Kroak is not named in the last Flashpoint as part of the BR Be'lakor

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doko said:

Where is ungrim,thorgrim,belegar.......any dwarf hero would be welcome

Well Kharadron are getting some new rules in BR Be’lakor, and Fyreslayers are yet to feature in a BR book, so it’s not unreasonable to say that they might get something in Kragnos and/or further instalments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silverstu said:

The Gates-Excelsis, The Earth-Kragnos, the Sky eating the Storm-Belakor and of course Serpents-Kroak!!

47 minutes ago, Doko said:

Where is ungrim,thorgrim,belegar.......any dwarf hero would be welcome

41 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Well Kharadron are getting some new rules in BR Be’lakor, and Fyreslayers are yet to feature in a BR book, so it’s not unreasonable to say that they might get something in Kragnos and/or further instalments

I'm of the opinion that the Forces of Order in Kragnos will be Duardin and Sylvaneth.

• Like 1

Glad to see gw keeping to the undead theme they've had lately. So, which mortarch is this one? 😁

More seriously, I'm glad to see the seraphon get some attention.  Hopefully this means they'll be getting some new models to go with Kroak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure Morathi is saying that Kroak is the thing that has to be redirected, rather than it being an offer of alliance. I doubt her impromptu godhood is something that the Slann are happy about, but Sotek-worshiping Seraphon and DoK having competitions over who makes the bloodiest sacrifices would be pretty funny.

A team-up between the two would be a pretty fun callback to the Amazons and Lizardmen, though.

11 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

A team-up between the two would be a pretty fun callback to the Amazons and Lizardmen, though.

Don't tempt me to buy that thousand £ 1980s amazon army on eBay...I already have an army of GW pygmies that I one day will get around to using as cannibalistic pygmy IDK riding crabs

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

La I'm still amazed by Kroak. It actually reminds me of something The Warsinger would make (apologies if that's the wrong name). You know the person who makes the most amazing and incredible C'tan conversions? It just reminds me of that. 

I just love the mix of ancient religion with futuristic magic/science, yet still set in a high fantasy world. It's blended machinery and nature together perfectly. 

I'm proper wanting to make a Seraphon army now. Skink heavy with lots of Dinos. 😁

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

La I'm still amazed by Kroak. It actually reminds me of something The Warsinger would make (apologies if that's the wrong name). You know the person who makes the most amazing and incredible C'tan conversions? It just reminds me of that. 

I just love the mix of ancient religion with futuristic magic/science, yet still set in a high fantasy world. It's blended machinery and nature together perfectly. 

I'm proper wanting to make a Seraphon army now. Skink heavy with lots of Dinos. 😁

If they simply update the Saurus, Saurus Knights and Kroxigors they would make so much damn money!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If they simply update the Saurus, Saurus Knights and Kroxigors they would make so much damn money!!

At least it's reassuring to see all the factions that people said were on life support actually getting new stuff. First Legions of Nagash/Gravelords, Cities of Sigmar last week and Seraphon now. Makes me pretty optimistic that updated battleline sculpts for those armies are also possible in the future.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

At least it's reassuring to see all the factions that people said were on life support actually getting new stuff. First Legions of Nagash/Gravelords, Cities of Sigmar last week and Seraphon now. Makes me pretty optimistic that updated battleline sculpts for those armies are also possible in the future.

I'd love nothing more than to have the Faction that is Kragnos' be the last new Faction for a year or so and GW use that time to update all the current Factions.

Some such as Skaven and BOC would be a larger endeavour and some such as the Sons would be as simple as updating the Mancrusher kit.

• Like 2

This new kroak is absolutely amazing. Another big and gorgeous model released with the broken realms. And for me it completely came out of nowhere.

although I’m not a fan of the quick pace the BR books are getting released now, with just over a month between Teclis and be’lakor, I love what they are doing with new models. This way lots of armies get new stuff, be it a single model or an entire range. With so many armies I feel like this is the way to move forward. Instead of waiting many, many years for a new battletome like with warhammer fantasy. 

the only thing I would like is for a somewhat slower pace of releases and more attention for the stuff that is released. The hype for new things is great, but I would also love some continued attention when things are finally out. 

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, elfhead said:

the only thing I would like is for a somewhat slower pace of releases and more attention for the stuff that is released. The hype for new things is great, but I would also love some continued attention when things are finally out. 

I imagine the original plan was to release everything at a more reasonable pace. The point booklet for Cursed City indicates that game was supposed to be released in November of last year. The intention was probably to release Broken Realms books every two months or so to give them room to breathe, but that got screwed up by COVID. Just look at the huge release gap we had last year. GW are probably still trying to catch up from that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I imagine the original plan was to release everything at a more reasonable pace. The point booklet for Cursed City indicates that game was supposed to be released in November of last year. The intention was probably to release Broken Realms books every two months or so to give them room to breathe, but that got screwed up by COVID. Just look at the huge release gap we had last year. GW are probably still trying to catch up from that.

The same happened last year with 40k. The Psychic Awakening books were supposed to be released over a longer timeframe. Then there were a bunch of delays and all the PA books had to be crammed out in order to be out before the 40k9e release.

• Like 1