The Rumour Thread

On 4/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lenwe Seregon said:

Hi guys,

I just jumped on their live chat to ask what the situation was with cursed city as well and this was the reply..

Screenshot_20210410-154947_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210410-155000_Chrome.jpg

Judging by the image that the Tottenham Court Road store has just put up on FB I think part of this is a push for them to get UK people to shop in store

wtcr.jpg

Edited by Clewzy
add image
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

110€ Be'lakor the Dark Master

Well ! Pricey, as expected. But the new model is great..... Loving the fact we are FULL ON Broken Realms right now : the Be'lakor book just after Teclis, another Broken Realm Monday Preview tonight, aaand another short story in the Wednesday newsletter :D

Regarding AOS 3.0, the Grimdark Live rumors are really interesting : 

• Getting something as early as June with a new Rulebook and an Indomitus-style boxed set would be unexpected but GREAT.

• I'm all down for a Hobgoblinesque / AOSIfied Gitmob army. Current Rumor engines could fit that theme, like @Nezzhil showed ITT a possible Wolf Chariot, and the WHU Snarlfang Rippa would find a better home than Gloomspite Gits

• New Stormcast are cool, mostly if : 1. they bring some Human Auxiliary  or Cog-men Azyrite automatons with them, and : 2. the "Knightly / Bretonnian" theme they are said to get means we'll have models looking like a mix of the John Blanche SCE Sketches, the Lord Relictor and the Primaris Bladeguards dudes (i.e. GRIMDARK RELICS EVERYWHERE) :P

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm all down for a Hobgoblinesque / AOSIfied Gitmob army. Current Rumor engines could fit that theme, like @Nezzhil showed ITT a possible Wolf Chariot, and the WHU Snarlfang Rippa would find a better home than Gloomspite Gits

You can't say me that... OMG!!!!

31 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well ! Pricey, as expected. But the new model is great..... Loving the fact we are FULL ON Broken Realms right now : the Be'lakor book just after Teclis, another Broken Realm Monday Preview tonight, aaand another short story in the Wednesday newsletter :D

• Getting something as early as June with a new Rulebook and an Indomitus-style boxed set would be unexpected but GREAT.

• I'm all down for a Hobgoblinesque / AOSIfied Gitmob army. Current Rumor engines could fit that theme, like @Nezzhil showed ITT a possible Wolf Chariot, and the WHU Snarlfang Rippa would find a better home than Gloomspite Gits

• New Stormcast are cool, mostly if : 1. they bring some Human Auxiliary  or Cog-men Azyrite automatons with them, and : 2. the "Knightly / Bretonnian" theme they are said to get means we'll have models looking like a mix of the John Blanche SCE Sketches, the Lord Relictor and the Primaris Bladeguards dudes (i.e. GRIMDARK RELICS EVERYWHERE) :P

Do you reckon there is an unannounced 5th BR book to drop in June just before the big Indomitus style box box? I have a suspicion there might be..still dying to know what Kragnos means in the setting - I'm doubting very much he has anything to do with Hobgoblin/gits wolf riding horde [which sounds awesome- especially if they get wolf chariots etc..].

Rest of the release prices in Euros for Belakor pinched from Dakka-

Belakor €110  

Stormcast and nightaunt €30 each 

atrazans blazing €65 
dragons aether €65 
celestial stampede €105 
sorrowmourn choir €70

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Can you give more details about these rumors please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

Can you give more details about these rumors please?

That's all we know I'm afraid. They were discussed in the thread several times, and Rob The Honest Wargamer reacted to the first ones (AOS 3.0 will have Charge reaction rules, new board size to match Warcry and 40k 9th ed., etc.). You can watch this here :

OH, 

And Warhammer TV put that on YouTube and.... I LOVE THAT HEAD OPTION MUUUUCH MORE : 

EDIT : @silverstu honestly I don't know - Kragnos can be May so a last one could come in June just before the new Indomitus style set - but then I heard that Soulblight would be the last AOS 2 Battletome (written with 3rd edition in mind), meaning the Battletome would come just before the new edition.... Hopefully another preview and the Broken Realm Monday will shed the light on all that before April's end. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Clewzy said:

Judging by the image that the Tottenham Court Road store has just put up on FB I think part of this is a push for them to get UK people to shop in store

wtcr.jpg

That explains it, they were hoarding all the stock for their UK stores 😛 (NZ biggest GW only got 3 copies, and didn’t receive their preorders due to shipping issues)

1 hour ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Yay, more new Imperium models!

...ugh, get back to me when chaos or xenos get as much love as imperium factions.

I get it, the divide is real, but it's hard to be too annoyed with SoB. They were waiting a lot longer than most for basically any attention and GW's colossal imperium bias is still 90% just pumping out new space marine variants.

Cool that there's a third Be'Lakor head option though.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So I have heard from someone I think is reliable

1. All existing batallions to be taken out of matched play in ghb21

2. New battalion/force org system introduced in aos3

i can see this as a way to simplify the game slightly and take out some more egregious rules like Changehost.

Man that could be one of the best changes we can get. I HATE the drop race we have now in the game. 

Regardind Broken Realms battalions, they are mostly narrative, so I can't see a problem there.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

My personal doubt I’ll add to that is obviously that every broken realms book is full of battalions. 
So we’ll see.

The Psychic Awakening books had quite a few rules that were invalidated in pretty short order with a new edition though. Some of them were clear inspiration or first drafts of ideas but it's not impossible, particularly if we're considering BR battalions as largely narrative things.