The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Fungrim said:

I can't seem to find any of the free pdf downloads for any Nurgle Daemons at the moment (where you normally find it on the GW shop page, there's just no link). With the hints at a 40k release just after DI drops this weekend, perhaps a multi-platform Nurgle Daemons re-release?

I dunno, I'm not having any difficulty finding them on the US site. Maybe it's just an error...

3 hours ago, Fungrim said:

I can't seem to find any of the free pdf downloads for any Nurgle Daemons at the moment (where you normally find it on the GW shop page, there's just no link). With the hints at a 40k release just after DI drops this weekend, perhaps a multi-platform Nurgle Daemons re-release?

I can see the PDF warscroll links fine on the UK site.

1 hour ago, Fungrim said:

@rokapoke @KnightFire - weird I couldn't get to any of it earlier. Rotbringers were fine but the Daemons had nothing in the way of rules available. Must have been a glitch.

For AoS /40k crossover models like daemons, make sure you're browsing and click the link from the AoS side, not 40k or the link to the PDF won't show up.

• Like 1

From a purchasing stand point, I certainly feel better about repacks. Of all the old stuff, I'm too concerned that they just had a ton of stock of some of these and when it's out they start dropping them and thus the faction(in the case of less defined factions like Dispossed).

Some repacks have rebates, some don't. It seems most of the newer ones are "ran out of WHFB boxes, lets just make AoS ones" rather than some overarching plan. Given how haphazard the choices are, I doubt it's working towards anything.

On the other hand, that Disspossessed name with the hammers is pretty sweet. Minor thing, but cool.

I'm really surprised that they're not bulking up some of these repacks.

Skeletons are a prime example of a kit that would make sense to come in 20's rather than 10's. That being said, they were already one of the cheaper kits I guess.

The Duardin were already expensive when they came out (Elite infantry price gouging), and while it might not necessarily make a huge amount of sense for them to come in 20's being elite infantry... would've been nice from a price perspective!

I think GW have purposely used the intense 40k production schedule to run down the stocks of a lot of key models that need a rebox.  They're probably treating it as a form of "housekeeping" which is why we've not heard more about it - what is nice is as has been said, is that it does suggest that the reboxed models are here to stay.  For me the big question is if the new instructions have a mini warscroll in?

15 hours ago, Johann said:

IMG_1091.JPG

Still annoys me that Ironweld Arsenal is a thing. Factions that don't have their own battleline and can't be added to other factions without breaking allegiance, is annoying (see also Troggoths, Giants etc)

Edited by Fungrim
  • Like 1

I see this as more of a problem with how battleline works. Its fine in principle but raises a ton of problems with many factions.

I believe points should be sufficient to create the illusion of balance that matched play offers.

My group has had fun trying out just using equal points with no other restrictions, then getting a triumph for each battleline unit you take up to the minimum amount usually required eg max 3 triumphs in 2k. Bit like command points in nu40k.

• Like 3

It's a totally different discussion that has little to nothing to do with rumours but yeah, Battleline makes little sence. The same applies for 'factions' that include 3 monsters for example. All we can really hope for is that GW continues what they have done in DoT and BoK and logically combine forces who from a narrative standpoint would assist each other aswell.
This is also the only gripe I have with the Kharadron Battletome, it includes no Fyreslayers, Disspossed or other factions that logically would work with different Dwarfs, the narrative confirms these cooperations but the game content does not provide it. Though there are some more of these examples, like the Everchosen Battletome. Their narrative states they lead Slaves to Darkness armies, yet StD content for gaming purposes is limited to Battalion Warscrolls, which makes little to no sence as the book offers very incomplete game content based on its own narrative. 

Reboxes are just what they are folks, in some rare cases it means new rules.
Also confirmed is that the Dragon hero and Khorne hero's (Bloodsecrator included) will be sold seperately from next week and include new character rules aswell. 

These are the sprues:

Naamloos.png

I'm looking forward to the news and am happy that GW decided to sell these models seperate from the starter because they can be key models for both factions to have. In addition I hope both of them will have viable rules that make them "new" tactical choices.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Killax said:

It's a totally different discussion that has little to nothing to do with rumours but yeah, Battleline makes little sence. The same applies for 'factions' that include 3 monsters for example. All we can really hope for is that GW continues what they have done in DoT and BoK and logically combine forces who from a narrative standpoint would assist each other aswell.
This is also the only gripe I have with the Kharadron Battletome, it includes no Fyreslayers, Disspossed or other factions that logically would work with different Dwarfs, the narrative confirms these cooperations but the game content does not provide it.

I dont see any reason why Kharadrons would be more likely to ally with Fyreslayers than any other Order factions - both factions are described as being isolationist and mercantile to varying degrees.

Dispossessed are more likely to ally with Freeguild or even something like the Eldritch Council than with KOs or FSs, at least according to the narrative presented in the Order GA book and settings like Hammerhal.

I dont think GW are going to regroup factions according to race again - the recent Chaos books were just about grouping god-specific units together. This cemented the break up of the old Daemons, Warriors and even Beasts of Chaos factions.

In light of this I think its more likely GW will refine how battleline works in relation to armies drawn from multiple factions, presumably in the RUMOURed to be soon to be released GHB2 ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

My group has had fun trying out just using equal points with no other restrictions, then getting a triumph for each battleline unit you take up to the minimum amount usually required eg max 3 triumphs in 2k. Bit like command points in nu40k.

Sorry I know it's off topic, but I just wanted to say that I thought this seemed like a fun house rule! Command points in 40K in a nice mechanic.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 11:25 PM, Nevvermore said:

...and then cast in resin for box shots etc before the plastic mounds are ready. The 'eavy metal painters said as much on Warhammer TV, so you're wrong there, and the rumour photos in resin are most likely pre-production plastic kits.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Goblin-secret-weapons-2017?utm_campaign=BBNewJun16&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=BBNewJun16&_requestid=11220373

resin.

Stop telling people they are wrong already.