The Rumour Thread

Just to add to the lot that my preordered book was damaged before reaching my trusted third party reseller and unfortunately that means they need to be sent back for destruction and no more copies of the book are forecast for the foreseeable future.

Now, this release was going to be incredibly popular as it is crimson court, but this complete lack of copies worldwide for a product that makes no sense to be limited must be because of Covid and who knows maybe even evergreen.

I mean why having a limited edition of the core board game? That would mean any expansion would be limited to a subset of the original production, unless they have created the most successful Warhammer quest of all times just to not have any expansion and not milk us in any other way...

the heroes in silver tower being release separately was also weird since only the Darkoath, Knight questor, Doomseeker, and Mistweaver (which doesn't belong to any army) are available to buy but the Warpriest and Shard are not available on the webstore.

the one in Blackstone have not been release separately (because they share the same Sprue) but also their expansion are all limited run (the Zoat, the traitor Commissar and Ogyrn, and the giant Spindle drone)

• Like 1

I had to pass up a copy of cursed city as I have too much and my partner would kill me. I think the FOMO is getting to people so why would GW clarify the stock if the mystery works in their favour? The way I see it it’s a long term product literally no reason it wouldn’t be probably just limited production due to covid.

On the topic of previews I’m 99% sure we will see one announced this Sunday or the following one, it’s about time for one and we are still awaiting the rest of Gravelords, there’s a few rumour engines with chaos stuff that could align with Belakor. I think we could see more on Kragnos but that’s more wishful thinking based on how fast they have been revealing these things recently. Also looking forward to seeing the Idoneth warband. 

• Like 1

My thoughts on Cursed City...   Yes, it was a one time production run.   On that specific SKU/product #, it was a one time run.  I believe we will see CC re-released with a new SKU/product #, maybe combined with an expansion, if the expansion rumors are true.   What is the point of GW investing in expansions if only a limited their customer base can even use it?  With this though, I can't believe from a business stand point that Cursed City is gone forever.  Damn good marketing strategy for building FOMO... but crappy customer service/transparency.  

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

On a casual chat with a guy that imports GW in bulk, he was told by GW that there will be more copies of Cursed City avaiable for him to order soon.

I trully belive this game will stay in production for a while.

To add to that plenty of third party retailers are taking back orders, my go to one is being sent a restock later on too. I know there’s often miscommunication between what Warhammer community say and what’s true but they literally told every comment mentioning availability that it will be a long term thing just like black stone fortress. 

with Indomitus they were very clear it was a celebration event, they wouldn’t do this with a arguably smaller sub franchise, however they would take advantage of hype and FOMO as they are a business.  If I’m correct I believe Blackstone had expansions however I doubt they would repackage this with an expansion at a later date as it would increase the pricepoint for entry which is currently a RRP of £125, I honestly believe people do not need to worry. 

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

To add to that plenty of third party retailers are taking back orders, my go to one is being sent a restock later on too. I know there’s often miscommunication between what Warhammer community say and what’s true but they literally told every comment mentioning availability that it will be a long term thing just like black stone fortress. 

In fairness no GW have not said anything of the sort. Their replies are along the lines "we'll tell you when we know" and "currently there are no plans to return this to the webstore."

We're all expecting CC to be around like BSF. And to be clear so am I. But GW's communication on this is amazingly bad. 

Also just look at the website. The CC page says "No Longer Available Online".

Crimson court (which also sold out on preorder day btw) "Temporarily out of stock Online"

I'm sadly thinking there was a genuine mess up here. CC was NEVER meant to be a limited release but GW are acting like it is. If this was like Indomitus and they wanted to cover their blushes with a made to order run - they would have done it. Genuinely that was a demand issue. This isn't this is a supply issue. Also to be frank it's a marketing mess up. Every influencer got a copy. The game was hyped to hell. And no warning about stock was given to customers by GW or by GW NDA reviewers (b/c of GW embargos - which is a  fair enough practice). To me it looks like Marketing made a plan AS IF this was a full proper release. Not a release with a supply chain problem. So I think they've gotten screwed over too.

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Now, this release was going to be incredibly popular as it is crimson court, but this complete lack of copies worldwide for a product that makes no sense to be limited must be because of Covid and who knows maybe even evergreen.

NOBODY plans this kind of thing. And even in Covid this is avoidable. The only thing I can think of is the Evergreen / Suez Canal blockage. This was a disastrous product launch because every time GW talk about CC now it will just annoy everyone apart from the people who got one. 

The problem right now is not the unavailability of the game it's the silence from GW about a) what happened and b) what's going to happen. This might well be because they don't know!! But the issue remains, the corporate silence is not helping. It's not adding to FOMO - it's making ppl resent the company. GW need to say something and soon.

Edited by zedatkinszed
sorry the 1200 was just the limited edn book
  • Like 2

Anyone seen the newest Grimdark Live stream? Same place where the 3rd edition rumors from a week or so ago came from that were posted here. Part of that rumor was that there would be an Indomitus style boxset for 3rd edition but it'd be a new Destruction army vs Stormcast. Today, they provided an update saying that new army is NOT Grotbag Scuttlers like some were saying but a new army in the same vein as Rippa's Snarlfangs. Being a a Hobgoblin-esque wolf rider style army.

That's the rumor.  Not sure how reliable they are, but my thoughts are I think they're talking about just an update to Gitmob Grots. Rippa is described as being exiled from them after backstabbing his Gitlord, and Gitmob Grots are mentioned in the Gloomspite Gitz battletome as being the Grots who gravitated to the sun and the plains and steppes instead. Would certainly fit in with some of the rumor engines that look ramshackle if they're not orc related.

Edit: Goblin Wolf Chariot weapon, Goblin club, and sun icon because of their sun worship perhaps?

Chariot.jpg

Club.jpeg

Evil Sun.jpg

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 5

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

That would be absolutely insane when you compare them to Mortek...

Same price, 50% less models. 

In-friggin-sane.

I mean the old skeleton warriors box was only 10 so be prepared for the possibility.

I do expect zombies to be a box of 20 like the Mortek though as their old box was 20 and there are clearly more than 10 unique sculpts based on what we saw in the WarComm images and the teaser video.

4 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

In fairness no GW have not said anything of the sort. Their replies are along the lines "we'll tell you when we know" and "currently there are no plans to return this to the webstore."

We're all expecting CC to be around like BSF. And to be clear so am I. But GW's communication on this is amazingly bad. 

Also just look at the website. The CC page says "No Longer Available Online".

Crimson court (which also sold out on preorder day btw) "Temporarily out of stock Online"

I'm sadly thinking there was a genuine mess up here. CC was NEVER meant to be a limited release but GW are acting like it is. If this was like Indomitus and they wanted to cover their blushes with a made to order run - they would have done it. Genuinely that was a demand issue. This isn't this is a supply issue. Also to be frank it's a marketing mess up. Every influencer got a copy. The game was hyped to hell. And no warning about stock was given to customers by GW or by GW NDA reviewers (b/c of GW embargos - which is a  fair enough practice). To me it looks like Marketing made a plan AS IF this was a full proper release. Not a release with a supply chain problem. So I think they've gotten screwed over too.

NOBODY plans this kind of thing. And even in Covid this is avoidable. The only thing I can think of is the Evergreen / Suez Canal blockage. This was a disastrous product launch because every time GW talk about CC now it will just annoy everyone apart from the people who got one. 

The problem right now is not the unavailability of the game it's the silence from GW about a) what happened and b) what's going to happen. This might well be because they don't know!! But the issue remains, the corporate silence is not helping. It's not adding to FOMO - it's making ppl resent the company. GW need to say something and soon.

It’s a wait and see situation the way I see it war com have been actively letting people know it’s not a limited thing, as a business tactic for the long run they’d be losing profits and kicking Warhammer quest in the shin for future expansions as they’d have limited the audience for them. Right now they are making lots of money, war com have said to many people it’s not limited, they do not care that people are panicking about it as it only benefits them financially. Their communication is utter rubbish, literally all they need to do is put out a statement on war com to clarify matters, it’s no different to when they said releases are being pushed back but they don’t explain what, it just causes confusion and panic. The fact warcom are replying to people saying it’s not limited instead of the usual “we will let you know when we hear more” means at the very least it was intended to be long term.

5 hours ago, FFJump said:

Anyone seen the newest Grimdark Live stream? Same place where the 3rd edition rumors from a week or so ago came from that were posted here. Part of that rumor was that there would be an Indomitus style boxset for 3rd edition but it'd be a new Destruction army vs Stormcast. Today, they provided an update saying that new army is NOT Grotbag Scuttlers like some were saying but a new army in the same vein as Rippa's Snarlfangs. Being a a Hobgoblin-esque wolf rider style army.

That's the rumor.  Not sure how reliable they are, but my thoughts are I think they're talking about just an update to Gitmob Grots. Rippa is described as being exiled from them after backstabbing his Gitlord, and Gitmob Grots are mentioned in the Gloomspite Gitz battletome as being the Grots who gravitated to the sun and the plains and steppes instead. Would certainly fit in with some of the rumor engines that look ramshackle if they're not orc related.

Edit: Goblin Wolf Chariot weapon, Goblin club, and sun icon because of their sun worship perhaps?

Chariot.jpg

Club.jpeg

Evil Sun.jpg

Well that would be a surprising Curveball if true, granted I was hoping that Rippas Snarlfang was going to lead to something in the future when they got release but I wouldn't have guess it would have a chance at being a starter set army.

i really wonder how much they can build from Grot wolf rider concept, since they mention Hobgoblin-esque that would mean they are sort of a bigger Variant of Grots (sort of like how Ironjawz are to regular Orruks). maybe they revamp and AoS-ified stuff like the Snotling pump wagons and the old greenskinz artillery.

interesting rumour news though i will temper my hype since it does feel very surprising if true

• Like 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, FFJump said:

Chariot.jpg

Club.jpeg

Evil Sun.jpg

Bring back Grom the Paunch on a giant chariot pulled by all of the wolfs. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The two spears are also in the same style as the other weapon rumour engines(crude - wood with nails). One has an ogre head and elf head on it. Would have to be a very strong goblin...

The face to me always seemed like a chaos release its very similar to the chaos knight champions's shield or a mounted lord(currently resin).

Edited by Svalack

8 hours ago, FFJump said:

Chariot.jpg

Club.jpeg

Evil Sun.jpg

To me this sounds feasible because Gdubs announced that new 40k ork army and I couldnt see them giving that much attention to 40k orks AND AoS orruks that close together. Yep, I'm excited.

Rippas Snarlfangs has so many great design elements going for it in that kit and an all out new grot faction in that vein sounds diabolical!!!

That club has to belong to a sulpherbreath trogg then right.... RIGHT!!?? 😂

Great bit of rumor news to wake up to fo sho!!👍 

This all sounds plausible and cool.  I hope it is a new chonkier race of gobbos. 

So to sumarise these podcast rumours, have Gobbo Mongol raiders with charriots and mounted heros against ‘Bretonian Stormcast’ which I would hope is the Covenant chamber - maybe some Sigmaresque Grail Knight types? 

Edited by edmc78

9 hours ago, FFJump said:

Chariot.jpg

Club.jpeg

Evil Sun.jpg

Would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. However, as happy as more Grots would make me, I can only wonder if GW would be willing to re-introducing Gitmobs after squatting them alongside old school orruks. Maybe popularity of Total War Warhammer convinced them to not abandon vanilla grots? Or maybe there's some yet unknown twist to them.

34 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. However, as happy as more Grots would make me, I can only wonder if GW would be willing to re-introducing Gitmobs after squatting them alongside old school orruks. Maybe popularity of Total War Warhammer convinced them to not abandon vanilla grots? Or maybe there's some yet unknown twist to them.

See lrl after dumping the rest of the high elves (mostly keeping stuff without which Phoenicium would feel even emptier).

3 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Bring back Grom the Paunch on a giant chariot pulled by all of the wolfs. 

Exactly what I was thinking - it has vibes of the 3rd edition WFB box set ..

1 hour ago, Svalack said:

The two spears are also in the same style as the other weapon rumour engines(crude - wood with nails). One has an ogre head and elf head on it. Would have to be a very strong goblin...

Have you met Grom? The AoS version would be excellent - I loved those wolf riders [and this is a dwarf collector!]. They also could have Troll allies.

I really hope their opposition isn't Stormcast - Cities would be more interesting [or Stormcast with CoS as allies] also Alarielle seems to be rising in the BR narrative..

Hopefully another preview is announced today so we maybe get some more peeks this week and I think we are due another BR story this week [they are every fortnight?]. I'm busting to know who Kragnos is, what Belakor is up to and how the BR narrative is developing..

• Like 2