The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Just got told by my local GW store staff that Cursed City is only going to be done as a single production run. Once sold out then that's it apparently :/ . If you really want it then perhaps don't hold off too long. There were quite a few copies on the shelf at my store in Australia. Also was told that it was far more popular than expected.

Yes I’ve heard the same here in NZ, email from HQ said it’s limited 

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm fully expecting a preview show announcement this weekend. We've got to be pretty close to the release of both Be'Lakor and Gravelords at this point if they are not just marking the models as unavailable, but fully removing them from the store.

I'm banking on an Preview show announcement on Sunday as well. Would bring us up to a mid month Preview which has been the trend all year.

I think they will show of the rest of the Gravelords and perhaps anything else to do with BR Belakor, if there are any models. 

Crazy to imagine the first Previews are well over a year old at this point. The beginning of April 2020 was our first look at the Sons!!

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm banking on an Preview show announcement on Sunday as well. Would bring us up to a mid month Preview which has been the trend all year.

I think they will show of the rest of the Gravelords and perhaps anything else to do with BR Belakor, if there are any models. 

Crazy to imagine the first Previews are well over a year old at this point. The beginning of April 2020 was our first look at the Sons!!

we can add Deepkin WU warband to that preview :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

About Cursed City:

GW stated on Facebook (Comment) that Cursed City will be around for a while. So keep calm, they‘ll produce more. Due to COVID everything just taking longer.

11 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Just got told by my local GW store staff that Cursed City is only going to be done as a single production run. Once sold out then that's it apparently :/ . If you really want it then perhaps don't hold off too long. There were quite a few copies on the shelf at my store in Australia. Also was told that it was far more popular than expected.

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Yes I’ve heard the same here in NZ, email from HQ said it’s limited 

What ever the story is GW are doing an amazingly bad job at communication. This is just bizare. It looks like the Web/marketing/facebook team have no idea what's actually happening either. Anytime they're asked it's a "when we hear we'll let you know" - well duh it's your job. And the customer service people are syaing "no current plans to return [cursed city] to the website."

But it was clear from Uncle Adam's video on Cursed City that the word was out that this preorder was going to sell out wicked fast. GW just need to do whjat they did with the delayed Sylvaneth release 18 months ago and tell us what's going on.

Edited by zedatkinszed

12 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

What ever the story is GW are doing an amazingly bad job at communication. This is just bizare. It looks like the Web/marketing/facebook team have no idea what's actually happening either. Anytime they're asked it's a "when we hear we'll let you know" - well duh it's your job. And the customer service people are syaing "no current plans to return [cursed city] to the website."

But it was clear from Uncle Adam's video on Cursed City that the word was out that this preorder was going to sell out wicked fast. GW just need to do whjat they did with the delayed Sylvaneth release 18 months ago and tell us what's going on.

Yes, yet the only proof of those claims I‘ve seen so far was the screenshot of GW claiming it will be around for a while 

The image is from the SGL Whatsapp

AFA092F4-11F6-4127-ACB7-0EDDEF3D2AFB.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lenwe Seregon said:

Hi guys,

I just jumped on their live chat to ask what the situation was with cursed city as well and this was the reply..

Screenshot_20210410-154947_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210410-155000_Chrome.jpg

This is a "holding pattern" communication. Basically they can't answer the question - because they either haven't got an answer or they aren't allowed give an answer.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Obviously I have no real evidence for this but I suspect that logistical issues mean GW is being incredibly cautious about telling retailers that there will be more Cursed City because they just aren't exactly sure when they can actually deliver.

I do expect there to be more but sometimes it is just easier and attracts less ill-feeling in the end to just say as little as possible.

Agreed. It makes absolutely no sense at all to just do one production run of CC, then hype it into the stratosphere, to only forget about it afterwards. I have no doubts at all CC is to stay around for years, with support through expansions and WD until at least late 2022.

• Like 2

Just now, eciu said:

Btw. is there any chance that Cursed City heroes will be releases as a separate release (all 8 together or one by one) ? Was it done for Blackstone Fortress or previous WHQ games ?

Wasn’t done with Blackstone. Not sure about the other Warhammer Quest games

I have no doubts there will be more CC being made, expansions, etc. 

I really feel for some folks/kids somewhere that wanted one to ACTUALLY play with their friends/family and then you see it stripped down on Ebay. 

I saw those push fit skellies for $60... $60!! 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I have no doubts there will be more CC being made, expansions, etc. 

I really feel for some folks/kids somewhere that wanted one to ACTUALLY play with their friends/family and then you see it stripped down on Ebay. 

I saw those push fit skellies for $60... $60!! 🤣🤣🤣

The amount of stock that is being scalped is frankly so small a % of the overall supply it isn't worth getting upset about. The reality is the game sold out because 10s of thousands of people bought a copy.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

The amount of stock that is being scalped is frankly so small a % of the overall supply it isn't worth getting upset about. The reality is the game sold out because 10s of thousands of people bought a copy.

( squints eyes. ) It's you isn't t IT!!?? 😂 With those $60 push fit skellies... mmm hmm.😝😉

• Haha 1

Judging by the rulebook for Cursed City, it's pretty clear that there are expansions planned. The quest book refers to its contents as "the first quest" in a way that very strongly implies that there will be more quests to come. After all, it's not much of a first quest if it's the only one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

As much as we can hope that they don't, GW is prob also gonna charge $60 for 10 of the new skellies (although not push fit)!

That would be absolutely insane when you compare them to Mortek...

Same price, 50% less models. 

In-friggin-sane.

Edited by Vasshpit

1 hour ago, eciu said:

Btw. is there any chance that Cursed City heroes will be releases as a separate release (all 8 together or one by one) ? Was it done for Blackstone Fortress or previous WHQ games ?

There is a chance - The Ogroid and Gaunt Summoner from Silver Tower were released. In fact they were all released from Silver Tower. However, Blackstone Fortress only saw the villain, Chaos Lord getting a separate release, Obsidius Mallex.

It's really very hard to tell. Silver Tower was at the beginning of AOS and was a trial run for the Karic Acolytes and Tzaangors and new blue horrors - all of which got their own eventual new release. Shadows over Hammerhal is anomalous as it had ZERO new models so all previously existed.

All in all Blackstone is probably a better comparison as AOS is a lot more mature but it all depends on what GW's strategy with this was. 

• Like 1