The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

So we have Be'lakor, these witch Hunters, Gardus, the Kulghast cruciator and Kragnos all confirmed for broken realms plus a whole soulblight range to be released.

Are we all still confident that AoS3 is coming in July and that there are only 4 broken realms books?

There have been rumblings of a new Horus Heresy starter set. It wouldn't surprise me to see that as the big summer release with AoS3 coming later in the year. 

I agree. It would be kind of unusual / daring for GW to put everything on sales between April and July for Broken Realms and the new Edition, as the BR releases seems getting bigger each month then expected (well, they kinda did with 40k and Psychic Awakening, Pariah being released just before 9th ed., with Necron and Inquisition and AS models mixed in...).

But then, COVID, and all that. If those "Broken Realms Monday" add more than ONE new title to the BR series (those Witch Hunters can belong to Be'lakor or Kragnos, after all), I'll start to believe 3rd edition will come out later than July. Until then, the rumors I've heard are trusty enough ...

EDIT : the Ven Denst family is already known in AOS.... Ionus Cryptborn, the Hammers of Sigmar Lord-Relictor (from the 2015 starter set) is a relative :D  

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It seems there is also yet another price increase for Underworlds warbands.  In Euros, they are now a bit cheaper than Blood Bowl teams (€32.50 vs €34).

This came in with Khagra's Ravager's and it is most unwelcome, quite a sharp increase in only two years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

You are lucky burning will leave your mummies as skeletons... at least according to Zelda.

The Witch Hunters bring a different theology to bear against my troops. Sure my warriors are going to likely be unswayed, but what if my Marauders hear about Sigmar not mutating them into gnarled spawn?

Probably the same when I tell them I can grant them eternal life after death if they pledge to serve in my legions.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So we have Be'lakor, these witch Hunters, Gardus, the Kulghast cruciator and Kragnos all confirmed for broken realms plus a whole soulblight range to be released.

Are we all still confident that AoS3 is coming in July and that there are only 4 broken realms books?

There have been rumblings of a new Horus Heresy starter set. It wouldn't surprise me to see that as the big summer release with AoS3 coming later in the year. 

This summer is gonna be wild, and then in the winter we get a teasing of Kislev and Cathay brought to you by our new friends CA and the Total War Series. As for the heresy box set, I’ve heard rumors of plastic mark II power armour. 

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are the chances we see a Kragnos model? I'd say quite highly as the last model of the month just in time for Belakor to go on Pre Order. 

If they show off Kragnos they better not reveal the faction. Speculating on this has been almost as much fun as Galen ven Denst's dad jokes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are the chances we see a Kragnos model? I'd say quite highly as the last model of the month just in time for Belakor to go on Pre Order. 

I’d say 75% likely your swoleness, and if not then we’ll get an Avatar/Mortarch/high ranking warrior just like everybody else.

44 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

If they show off Kragnos they better not reveal the faction. Speculating on this has been almost as much fun as Galen ven Denst's dad jokes!

17 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’d say 75% likely your swoleness, and if not then we’ll get an Avatar/Mortarch/high ranking warrior just like everybody else.

I'm hoping for Kragnos but I'm REAAALLY hoping for a Plastic Yehtee/Gorger kit!!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

We are 100% likely to get a Kragnos model. There is a rumour engine that matches the shield perfectly. It's a matter of when we will see it, not if we see it. 

The next 3 weeks of pre-order are highly likely to be Be'lakor, admech and Necromunda. 

After that we have Kragnos which we know nothing about. Sisters of Battle and Soulblight both of which have been confirmed to have new as yet unseen minis and the new Orks. That sounds like the kind of info that would fill a preview show. 

My guess is that the next preview will come at the end of this month and we will finally learn who Kragnos is.

Edit. How did I miss this sentence?Screenshot_20210406-092334.png.f00dbc88f0383fe4c37282aefb573789.png

Yet more evidence that we are going to see more than 4 broken realms books. At this point I'm expecting a Broken realms Mannfred or Neferata as book 5. Or alternatively that is book 4 and Kragnos is book 5. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Marius au said:

Thought Kragnos was confirmed as book 4.

I am also excited as so far the plans of the title character have worked so, what is Belakor up to ....

They haven't confirmed anything. Kragnos probably is book 4 but anything is possible.

25 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Now that we have seen even more Vampire Hunters and they are confirmed to be Cities of sigmar units, I'm going to double down on this spurious prediction I made in December. 😎

Which you can remind us all ;)

7 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

You’re not alone sire, but if Ogres are getting love let it be in the form of expansions to the Beastclaw and Firebelly side of things.

I'd love for Firebelly to get expanded as to have an Ice and Fire situation going on within Mawtribes. I'd love to see all of Mawtribes expanded myself. There are a tonne of models that could use updating; Butchers, Slaughtermaster, Yehtee, Gorger, Icebrow Hunter, Frost Sabre, Maneaters.

I'd like to see the Glutton and Irongut kits get updated if just to change the posing as of now Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers all have the same body and legs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Do you think we can expect some normal points for Cursed City Death units? I mean other than 680 points for the whole hero pack? It's basically unplayable on any other than total amateur level.

Seems unlikely to me, given how bad Underworlds warbands are and even the Warcry gangs were for a good while (maybe still are? I don't know StD that well). Maybe Radukar will change, if he gets a solo release with Gravelords. Your best bet is probably just using them to represent normal units.

Edited by ShyishBarry
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Do you think we can expect some normal points for Cursed City Death units? I mean other than 680 points for the whole hero pack? It's basically unplayable on any other than total amateur level.

I wouldn't expect it. The Cursed City characters are primary intended to be used in Cursed City, with bonus rules for AoS.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

It's hard to say. A few thoughts:

• The warscrolls in Cursed City are not Soulblight Gravelords warscrolls.

We can see this from the fact that Skeletons and Zombies are completely unchanged both in terms of points and warscrolls, and from the fact that the GRAVELORDS keywords does not appear anywhere. We also know that the Cursed City warscrolls are marked with a November 2020 date, which is way before we had any indication of Gravelords existing. The release of Gravelords is narratively tied to the events of Broken Realms, so we know they could only have been released earlier if Broken Realms had progressed quicker. Even after BR: Teclis, there is no really good narrative justification for a Gravelords release. They might only enter the narrative after BR: Be'lakor.

• If warscrolls and points get updated, don't expect big changes for the newer ones

While it's reasonable to expect both Zombies and Skeletons to get a significant rework, I would not count on the new units from Cursed City being changed drastically. In fact, it is possible that those warscrolls give us glimpses of what the Gravelords battletome might be like. Gorslav, for example, has the ability to bring back a unit of zombies at half strength for a command point. But Legions of Nagash already has the ability to bring back full strength units for the same cost. Gorslav's ability has some marginal use as it is (he does not need to be near a grave site to summon), but it could be that this indicates a shift away from grave site summoning in the upcoming tome. EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that Gorslav's ability means that he does not have to be the general to revive, which is a big benefit I had not considered before.

• Radukar might become a stand alone character

Radukar has the distinction of being on his own, separate sprue. All other characters are on integrated sprues that make them hard to release as stand alone models. Radukar also thematically fits in with Kritza and Annika, and we know that Kritza is part of Gravelords proper, at least. So I think there is a chance that Radukar gets the option to be taken on his own in Gravelords. His warscroll is certainly good enough for it as it is. For all the other DEATH characters, I think it's more likely that we see generic heroes that are similar to them for which they could serve as alternate sculpts, such as a generic Zombie hero for Gorslav, generic Necromancer for Torgillius and generic Wight King for Halgrim. No idea where that leaves the Vrykos Bloodborn and Kosargi Nightguard. It would be nice to have them as proper troops in the final release, but it would require a proper stand alone kit.

• The Cities of Sigmar heroes might also still become more relevant

Currently, only the Kharadron hero has a functioning subfaction keyword. The Cities heroes and the Sylvaneth hero have "nerf keywords", which currently only serve to deny them subfaction allegiance abilities. Does that mean a battletome's on the way there is a chance these keywords will become functional at some point? In my opinion, there is definitely a chance that we will see rules for the new Sylvaneth grove and a liberated Ulfenkarn as a Shyish City of Sigmar. Especially since the Gravelords story does not seem to yet have concluded as part of Broken Realms. We still need a real payoff for ven Brecht being rescued by a vampire. The new Witch Hunter models also point in the direction of more narrative development for Gravelords, since we know they are part of the Broken Realms narrative, too. Plus, while they call them Witch Hunters, they are carrying stakes and crossbows and hunting the undead, so the Soulblight connection is there.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

There's just a touch of hyperbole there I think. 680 points is a fair chunk of change but for that you get 50 wounds on 10 models almost all of which have a healthy dpr.  Unlike Katakros (20 wounds for 500 points) you don't have to group them together. You get some pretty good command abilities including a way to get extra command points  and a fair amount of mortal wound potential. It's not tournament winning, but it's not Slyvaneth either. 

That said I think we will see some changes with the soulblight book. I'm personally hoping for some rules for the swarms. 

• Like 2