The Rumour Thread

With all the Ulfenkarn sculpts (I just count them among those as they fit thematically) recalling the look of WHFB much more than many of the other new forces, could it be that Shyish is the realm most like the Old World and will become a haven for those that enjoyed the feel of the old fluff? 🤔

What's not to get, Alpharius? You got something mixed up: The Alpha legion confuses the enemy, not themselves. You're truly unworthy.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

It would be received much better than Stormcast showing up in the box again, which is why I believe that's not what GW is planning. I know that companies like to think they know what their customers want better than their customers do, but seriously GW, no one is clamoring for Stormcast again!

It's me, I want more stormcast

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MitGas said:

With all the Ulfenkarn sculpts (I just count them among those as they fit thematically) recalling the look of WHFB much more than many of the other new forces, could it be that Shyish is the realm most like the Old World and will become a haven for those that enjoyed the feel of the old fluff? 🤔

I can see that for a couple reasons.

1. A skeleton is a skeleton. A dead body/zombie is a dead body/zombie. It is easy to port these visually to a connection to the old world because they are familiar aesthetics. 

2. Nagash recreated Old World characters, and they set up cities the way they remember them. Vampires are somewhat timeless beings so less likely to take sharp left turns in their character/lore/look.

3. Shyish is grounded in its vibe from the undead. As a result, it draws in classic undead opponents as adversaries like the Order of Azyr. These adversaries naturally tap into familiar lore and aesthetics than transcend AoS as well and will feel similar to Old World fans. 

Bottom line, the undead offer something to grasp onto for someone predisposed to performing the cognitive dissonance jumps to rationalize "hey look this isn't that different from that other thing I liked."

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
  • Like 4

Just now, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I can see that for a couple reasons.

1. A skeleton is a skeleton. A dead body/zombie is a dead body/zombie. It is easy to port these visually to a connection to the old world because they are familiar aesthetics. 

2. Nagash recreated Old World characters, and they set up cities the way they remember them. Vampires are somewhat timeless beings so less likely to take share left turns in their character/lore/look.

3. Shyish is grounded in its vibe from the undead. As a result, it draws in classic undead opponents as adversaries like the Order of Azyr. These adversaries naturally tap into familiar lore and aesthetics than transcend AoS as well and will feel similar to Old World fans. 

Bottom line, the undead offer something to grasp onto for someone predisposed to performing the cognitive dissonance jumps to rationalize "hey look this isn't that different from that other thing I liked."

All good points - it certainly feels like they try to evoke the feel of the old World there. I definitely love what I've been seeing in the last few months. I have high hopes for Ulgu as a setting as well - that doesn't mean I'm not into more outlandish fantasy elements but there#s just something about these releases that warms my bitter heart.

Interesting thing to note. If AoS 3rd is expected in July, that doesn't give much time for them to release Be’lakor and Kragnos plus at least one other book (assuming witch hunters aren't part of either of those). Plus if we are getting new Monday previews for BR models that implies more books than just the two we know are coming.

This to me suggests if we are getting aos 3 it may not be in July.

Everyone is assuming AoS 3 has to come at the end of the broken realm books because that's what they did with 40k and psychic awakening. 

What if they don't? 

What if they do an Indomitus style set to represent a big battle in one of the broken realms books, then release starter sets and then continue the broken realm storyline with more books. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Everyone is assuming AoS 3 has to come at the end of the broken realm books because that's what they did with 40k and psychic awakening. 

Content creators who have contacts within GW have said it's happening. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What if they don't? 

What if they do an Indomitus style set to represent a big battle in one of the broken realms books, then release starter sets and then continue the broken realm storyline with more books. 

well because releasing a starter set is basically AoS 3.0.

41 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Interesting thing to note. If AoS 3rd is expected in July, that doesn't give much time for them to release Be’lakor and Kragnos plus at least one other book (assuming witch hunters aren't part of either of those). Plus if we are getting new Monday previews for BR models that implies more books than just the two we know are coming.

This to me suggests if we are getting aos 3 it may not be in July.

April Belekor

May Kragnos

June - last BR book with basically the last unrelease stuff

July new edition

keep in mind some of those Monday could just be officially revealing Kragnos and the stuff related to him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

yeah, though it could still be a year away, and in the meantime we get 10 broken realms books to buy with slightly updated faction rules, before 3.0 comes out where we all get to buy updated rules for our faction all over again. :P its  a viscous cycle. 

Just a thought on Beast Snaggas......

Is it possible that GW would release a DUAL purpose kit that spans both 40K and AoS? Could we be seeing the seeds of a new host of Orruk destruction models that just happen to be landing at the same time as 3rd edition AOS?  A few head and weapon swaps and the Beast snaggas could easily make the jump to AOS. Would certainly scratch the greenskinz mixed army itch, with the return of grots and orruks to the same army. Even the vehicles could exist in both worlds, as they are pulled by squigs and a weapon swaps to ballistae or catapults solves the tech problem. 

anyhow just a dream, but a good one :)

24 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Anything any content creator says would be guesswork and conjecture, I doubt any of them would risk their relationship with GW not to mention their reputation by saying something is defo happening with the current global situation. 

31 minutes ago, novakai said:

I'm not saying AoS 3 isn't coming, I'm sure it is, what I'm saying is maybe the broken realm books will continue after the release of AoS 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

@KingBrodd, might I request your presence during negotiations with these two? I have vampires in need of purging but I do not want to end up being burned for doin my duty to LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!

VAMPIRE STICK FIGHTERS ONLY LEAVE SPLINTERS IN TOE!!

I could not believe what I was seeing on WHC this evening!! What an amazing and unexpected suprise!! So happy for COS players and lovers of Witch Hunters in general. I too was disappointed @Souleater for NMM to be over and to be greeted with this instead was incredible. 

I wonder if we will perhaps get a Kragnos reveal in the final week? Just amazing to know that itll be AOS focused the whole time.

Hopefully we get some Destruction sneak peeks!! Love this Hobby and this community, seeing everyone collectively excited is wholesome as ****. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Do you think all the new models will be for a new witch hunter faction? Would be very nice 

Doubtful. GW seem to be more about combining Battletomes than separating thematics (Ironjawz/Bonesplitters into Warclans, BCR/Gutbusters into Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar as a whole, etc). Most likely they'll just be for Cities of Sigmar, although after the Lumineth twins it may be they have a similar rule of being useable by all Order factions or something.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Not mine.

image0-38-4.png

Well I think that I have had enough internet for the day! Nothing is going to beat this and now I have found my favourite characters in the mortal realms. I do not care what their personalities become this relationship is my canon.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Well I think that I have had enough internet for the day! Nothing is going to beat this and now I have found my favourite characters in the mortal realms. I do not care what their personalities become this relationship is my canon.

We've found the Heroes of Critters and Keys!!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

April Belekor

May Kragnos

June - last BR book with basically the last unrelease stuff

July new edition

keep in mind some of those Monday could just be officially revealing Kragnos and the stuff related to him.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking the schedule looks like- especially as they seem to suddenly be rushing them out. 

Those witch hunters are fantastic -delighted for the CoS players, but just as a collector I'd love to get these to just to paint. The variants are cool too- he has 4 builds - single pistol, double pistol and pistol and sword, sword and torch, nice. The quality of these sculpts and the heroes from Cursed City are amazing- if they expanded that into a full release for CoS in 3rd Ed it would make a hell of a starter set...I really hope they do rather than Stormcast [nothing against Stormcast more just for the additional variety it would offer]. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Yes, they also bring torches sir, and I don’t think anyone needs to know what mummified flesh smells like.

You are lucky burning will leave your mummies as skeletons... at least according to Zelda.

The Witch Hunters bring a different theology to bear against my troops. Sure my warriors are going to likely be unswayed, but what if my Marauders hear about Sigmar not mutating them into gnarled spawn?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 2

I also was wondering if this hints at Cities of Sigmar vs SGL in the AoS 3 starter?

Vamps vs Witch Hunters would be awesome for that , but I think we have seen too much of the vampires already for them to be in the starter.

Still, fantastic models that I will definitely have to acquire! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I also was wondering if this hints at Cities of Sigmar vs SGL in the AoS 3 starter?

Vamps vs Witch Hunters would be awesome for that , but I think we have seen too much of the vampires already for them to be in the starter.

Still, fantastic models that I will definitely have to acquire! 

A battlebox maybe.

but we are assuming the full SGL range is coming out really soon. (probably before BR Kragnos) so they can't really be in the AoS 3.0 starter set just by the timeline.

keep in mind the Vampire release was most likely to have been release much sooner then now.

• Like 1

Looks like we have prices for the new WHU starter. Coming in at $60, so €50. Cheaper than the current €65 for Direchasm. Not dreadful, hoped it would be lower still and that GW would be going in for a serious bargain starter to get folks involved, but ok.

Same price as Dreadfane I guess, and this is overall looking more like a redo of Dreadfane. Notably that did come with something close to the main rulebook and included notes about stuff which didn't feature in the box, like lethal hexes, so that's a bit promising. 

e9c230f0a6253fc7b08b879100abaf9b.jpg

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Dad jokes were to be expected, of course.

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Those witch hunters are fantastic -delighted for the CoS players, but just as a collector I'd love to get these to just to paint. The variants are cool too- he has 4 builds - single pistol, double pistol and pistol and sword, sword and torch, nice. The quality of these sculpts and the heroes from Cursed City are amazing- if they expanded that into a full release for CoS in 3rd Ed it would make a hell of a starter set...I really hope they do rather than Stormcast [nothing against Stormcast more just for the additional variety it would offer]. 

I hope the variants point at a generic option for them, so they are not tied to a single city, can use artifacts and command abilities.

There is a right and left pistol arm for the dad, if I see it right.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Looks like we have prices for the new WHU starter. Coming in at $60, so €50. Cheaper than the current €65 for Direchasm. Not dreadful, hoped it would be lower still and that GW would be going in for a serious bargain starter to get folks involved, but ok.

Same price as Dreadfane I guess, and this is overall looking more like a redo of Dreadfane. Notably that did come with something close to the main rulebook and included notes about stuff which didn't feature in the box, like lethal hexes, so that's a bit promising. 

e9c230f0a6253fc7b08b879100abaf9b.jpg

It seems there is also yet another price increase for Underworlds warbands.  In Euros, they are now a bit cheaper than Blood Bowl teams (€32.50 vs €34).