The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Wow GW is just brilliantly tying in Cursed City, Soulblight, and Order of Azyr across Warhammer Quest, AoS, and Underworlds to time them all to maximize desire to just buy all of it!

It's certainly working on me. I just ordered Cursed City and am planning to get a bunch of Soulblight stuff. I am not sure my wallet can survive Order of Azyr on top of that.

• Like 1

With Hunters: The perfect cure for my growing Undead obsession. I'll be a happy acolyte if they continue the classic Brothers Grimm aesthetic. 

Side note. Anyone seen the Hellsing Ultimate Anime? Who ever does the voice over for the Witch Hunter video reminds me on Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Order of Azyr might be our 'new' box faction for 3.0?

If it is vs Orruks, it seems unlikely they'll suddenly break up Warclans after putting them together rather than make a new 'order' faction separate from CoS with the Order of Azyr - rolling in the Cursed City humans, our new Take Your Daughter To Work day Hunters and expanding further with 3.0?

I mean, after all, the bottom seems to imply something significant to the plot will be the reason why they're running around with the BR teaser?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I wonder if the Order of Azyr might be our 'new' box faction for 3.0?

If it is vs Orruks, it seems unlikely they'll suddenly break up Warclans after putting them together rather than make a new 'order' faction separate from CoS with the Order of Azyr - rolling in the Cursed City humans, our new Take Your Daughter To Work day Hunters and expanding further with 3.0?

I mean, after all, the bottom seems to imply something significant to the plot will be the reason why they're running around with the BR teaser?

It would be received much better than Stormcast showing up in the box again, which is why I believe that's not what GW is planning. I know that companies like to think they know what their customers want better than their customers do, but seriously GW, no one is clamoring for Stormcast again!

2 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

It would be received much better than Stormcast showing up in the box again, which is why I believe that's not what GW is planning. I know that companies like to think they know what their customers want better than their customers do, but seriously GW, no one is clamoring for Stormcast again!

Really what stormcast need atm is a new book giving every model in their range a job! Rather then each new release just being a better version of the old one, ala liberators vs sequitors 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Who are the order of azyr? Is that a keyword for the new CoS heroes in the cursed city?

In Lore thoose are a faction similar to the Inquisition of 40k, althrough with lesser power. It is a secret order within Cities that allign with Sigmar that take care of some busines. They are also informants and spies for sigmar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HollowHills said:

Hey @Icegoat nice to see humans aren't getting any new models for aos right?

I came to this thread with exact same intention.

But in general, it's nice to finally see a solid proof the faction is not doomed and we'll be getting model updates too.

• Thanks 1

So we have Be'lakor, these witch Hunters, Gardus, the Kulghast cruciator and Kragnos all confirmed for broken realms plus a whole soulblight range to be released.

Are we all still confident that AoS3 is coming in July and that there are only 4 broken realms books?

There have been rumblings of a new Horus Heresy starter set. It wouldn't surprise me to see that as the big summer release with AoS3 coming later in the year. 

12 minutes ago, dekay said:

I came to this thread with exact same intention.

But in general, it's nice to finally see a solid proof the faction is not doomed and we'll be getting model updates too.

Cities of Sigmar has had more support than any other faction in Broken Realms. They are one of the least doomed factions in AoS

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So we have Be'lakor, these witch Hunters, Gardus, the Kulghast cruciator and Kragnos all confirmed for broken realms plus a whole soulblight range to be released.

Are we all still confident that AoS3 is coming in July and that there are only 4 broken realms books?

There have been rumblings of a new Horus Heresy starter set. It wouldn't surprise me to see that as the big summer release with AoS3 coming later in the year. 

I think the "only 4 BR Books" has long sailed.  We already have confirmation of 4 titles and I'm sure the last book will lead right into AoS 3.0 (just like 40k and PA).

I have a feeling we will get 6 books total but thats just theorycrafting 

• Like 1

I do wonder how many BR books there will be by the way the article is worded.

Also, do you think the little sentence at the end points to  CoS not getting an updated BT anytime soon? Alongside BR at least? They advertise to pick up the Battletome now and I can't see GW pulling an ass trick like that by telling us to buy the book now then a couple months later release a new one alongside BR. (LRL jokes aside).

I'd like to be wrong of course about a new BT. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Cities of Sigmar has had more support than any other faction in Broken Realms. They are one of the least doomed factions in AoS

On the one hand, yes, on the other, up until now it was the only faction in game never to get a new model. It was (rightly) worrying for some.

• Thanks 3

Hell yeah, loving this new release! I'm a big fan of the Bloodborne Witch Hunters aesthetics they got going on (some claim BB was actually influenced by Warhammer), so this is a big win in my book. I hope CoS will get more stuff ASAP.

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Nice! So Jelsen Darrok from Cursed City was not just a one-off.

Also worth noting that these are (presumably) new Cities of sigmar models, which a lot of people are still doubting would ever happen.

I admit I was on the "Cities of Sigmar aren't going to stick around" boat, but the Cursed City box dispelled that for me with all the new heroes.  Two new named characters coming with a Broken Realms book definitely shows that they are going to be around for the long haul.

• Like 2