The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think it is strange as Be'Lakor is coming and we have seen some preview engines hinting at new chaos stuff (not clear if it is AOS or 40K) but also nothing even hinting at more chaos releases. I am both excited and financially worried about what is around the corner. Be'Lakor I can justify new slaves to darkness units... now things are getting dicey 😅

Yeah, i'm just wondering if they're actually Soulblight... like the big club thing and some of the spears.  OR, they're related to kragnos (the hoof?)  OR, it's 40k orks.  I think the double prong spear thing is shown in the cave drawing?

It would be neat if there was more StD coming for sure... but i would expect more new stuff to come out with the advent of a new battletome as opposed to the supplement.... still, even if they just repackaged those knights and warriors from the get started box, that would be huge...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I have a feeling they will do a preview next Saturday. 

Same! 

I think we'll see the rest of the gravelords, the deepkin Underworlds warband and maybe something for warcry as there has been nothing for a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Same! 

I think we'll see the rest of the gravelords, the deepkin Underworlds warband and maybe something for warcry as there has been nothing for a while. 

I'd love to see more Gravelords and the Underworlds Warband. New Warcry bands or monsters would also be welcome. With the amount we've seen for AOS recently I'd be content with that because I really wanna check out these Beast Snaggaz!! 

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think it is strange as Be'Lakor is coming and we have seen some preview engines hinting at new chaos stuff (not clear if it is AOS or 40K) but also nothing even hinting at more chaos releases. I am both excited and financially worried about what is around the corner. Be'Lakor I can justify new slaves to darkness units... now things are getting dicey 😅

As we don´t have an official BR:Belakor Announcement yet, I see there potential for a teaser of an upcoming release. Also, we have 3.0 rumoured to be the next edition and so far I have not picked up a single rumour about what could be the next faction in the set. We know of the upcoming narrative with the siege of azyr, but this could be "just" a campaign and not the new editions uptake like Soul Wars was. So there is chance that in the new Starterbox we actually see different factions than Orruks. To be honest, after GW rewrote Stormcasts to be more sinister and didn´t force them on us like they to with Space Marines in 40k I get more and more curious if maybe we see a starter set without SCE included. But thoose are not more than wild theories.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charleston said:

As we don´t have an official BR:Belakor Announcement yet, I see there potential for a teaser of an upcoming release. Also, we have 3.0 rumoured to be the next edition and so far I have not picked up a single rumour about what could be the next faction in the set. We know of the upcoming narrative with the siege of azyr, but this could be "just" a campaign and not the new editions uptake like Soul Wars was. So there is chance that in the new Starterbox we actually see different factions than Orruks. To be honest, after GW rewrote Stormcasts to be more sinister and didn´t force them on us like they to with Space Marines in 40k I get more and more curious if maybe we see a starter set without SCE included. But thoose are not more than wild theories.

I for one really hope it is Orruks or at least a Destruction range. So far everything we've read and seen is leading us to believe that 3.0 will be Destructions turn in the spotlight after 1st Edition was Order and Chaos and 2nd was Death.

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I for one really hope it is Orruks or at least a Destruction range. So far everything we've read and seen is leading us to believe that 3.0 will be Destructions turn in the spotlight after 1st Edition was Order and Chaos and 2nd was Death.

This is also why I feel SCE is a likely going to appear as part of the set to complete the circuit of them battling against each major grand alliance. I think it is fine to establish them as the protagonist faction and have them fight all major factions but hopefully that doesn't make them a prerequisite in the same manner that Space Marines have in 40k. So in the far flung future of AOS 4.0 they can have what we have all been hoping for Gargants vs Halflings! 

• Like 4

Far fetched speculation time...

What if the narrative plays out in a way that severely cripples the Eternals to such a severe extent that they become very few in numbers. Something like Sigmar is not able to make any more. This would allow more of a focus on regular mortals to take the spotlight for awhile and give them more OF a reason for focus.

If I recall in the narrative, the opposition has indeed even completely killed an Eternal before. So if they were not able to make more this would give them an even more heavenly elite feel and humanize them with a sense of dread. 

Also as an Orruk fan, part of me doesnt want them as a first army of 3rd. Gdubs track record of early edition armies isnt all that great. 

If 3rd is indeed kicking off with the massive waaagh of mixed destro then make the starter reflect that with representation from all current armies. 

Rub a dub dub...

I think whatever happens for AoS 3 it's a super exciting time to be in the hobby. 

We're seeing armies grow as they get new battletomes, have a new army coming with vamps, a new god arising and a narrative storyline that's really kicking things up a gear. 

Add to that a new warhammer quest amd some amazing underworld warbands and we're only a few days into April. 

I know some players are desperate for their fave army to get new shiny toys (and some really need it) and I'm sure every army will get its time in the sun in time. 

Cant wait to see what's coming for AoS, warcry, bloodbowl and Underworlds. As someone who has collected, painted and played since 4th edition warhammer I've not been this excited to see what's coming next since I was a kid!! 

Bring it on!!! 

• Like 14
  • LOVE IT! 9

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

This is also why I feel SCE is a likely going to appear as part of the set to complete the circuit of them battling against each major grand alliance. I think it is fine to establish them as the protagonist faction and have them fight all major factions but hopefully that doesn't make them a prerequisite in the same manner that Space Marines have in 40k. So in the far flung future of AOS 4.0 they can have what we have all been hoping for Gargants vs Halflings! 

Title of that box set...All Creatures Great and Small. Boom. Done. Money in your hand GW.

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think whatever happens for AoS 3 it's a super exciting time to be in the hobby. 

We're seeing armies grow as they get new battletomes, have a new army coming with vamps, a new god arising and a narrative storyline that's really kicking things up a gear. 

Add to that a new warhammer quest amd some amazing underworld warbands and we're only a few days into April. 

I know some players are desperate for their fave army to get new shiny toys (and some really need it) and I'm sure every army will get its time in the sun in time. 

Cant wait to see what's coming for AoS, warcry, bloodbowl and Underworlds. As someone who has collected, painted and played since 4th edition warhammer I've not been this excited to see what's coming next since I was a kid!! 

Bring it on!!! 

It really is the best time to be a Warhammer fan!! Every single new model and release is making someone excited. The Narrative just keeps getting better and better and for the first time we are here at the beginning of it, the narrative is not set and we play to its rules, its evolving and the game along with it.

I. LOVE. WARHAMMER.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Obviously it was a different time and a different world but what was the  release schedule for Blackstone Fortress expansions and what could we/should we expect for Cursed City.

I too would like to know this. How many Expansions did BSF have? 

Also would Gravelords have been unveiled at Adepticon this year had it gone forward? Or would it have been Halloween 2020? Seeing as Adepticon is cancelled this year would it have been 3.0? I'm struggling to think what wouldve been shown.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I too would like to know this. How many Expansions did BSF have? 

In no particular order:

Deadly alliance (with Zoatl)

Escalation (With explorers and cultists)

No respite (with plague marines)

The dreaded ambull (with the ambull)

Traitor command (2 models)

Ascension (drones)

and then several card expansions, some also in white dwarf. Those sold as separate objects: abominable intellect, endless peril, advanced arsenal.

But cards wise and white dwarf articles I don’t know the full list.

So we can expect much more coming from cursed city after the first release that unsurprisingly was initially scheduled for Halloween 2020.

Am I the only one not understanding why cursed city models cannot be used in AoS for what they are thanks to the point rules they published but only as proxies? 
I mean what’s the purpose of printing the rules at all? Publish an article in Warhammer community for people who wants to try them out but don’t waste poor trees for those warscrolls...

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

In no particular order:

Deadly alliance (with Zoatl)

Escalation (With explorers and cultists)

No respite (with plague marines)

The dreaded ambull (with the ambull)

Traitor command (2 models)

Ascension (drones)

and then several card expansions, some also in white dwarf. Those sold as separate objects: abominable intellect, endless peril, advanced arsenal.

But cards wise and white dwarf articles I don’t know the full list.

So we can expect much more coming from cursed city after the first release that unsurprisingly was initially scheduled for Halloween 2020.

Am I the only one not understanding why cursed city models cannot be used in AoS for what they are thanks to the point rules they published but only as proxies? 
I mean what’s the purpose of printing the rules at all? Publish an article in Warhammer community for people who wants to try them out but don’t waste poor trees for those warscrolls...

That's quite a hefty list of Expansions!! Will be interesting to see if it's just the Death side that get expanded or if new units for the Heroes show up. 

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That's quite a hefty list of Expansions!! Will be interesting to see if it's just the Death side that get expanded or if new units for the Heroes show up. 

My guess is that they’ll theme the expansions off of the various unexplored parts of Ulfenkarn on the map on the website - ie, the place where “haunting music and screams echo from”,  the “bat-infested site of a former Sylvaneth embassy”, and so on.

• LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

My guess is that they’ll theme the expansions off of the various unexplored parts of Ulfenkarn on the map on the website - ie, the place where “haunting music and screams echo from”,  the “bat-infested site of a former Sylvaneth embassy”, and so on.

With the rat-vampire hero (can’t remember his name) ties to ulfencairn, I expected him to be part of an expansion (and would utilize those rat swarm models) but it appears he’s in the main release line.

I do expect we’ll get one or two  large monster releases. My guess is a flesh golem/zombie construct and perhaps an undead two-headed wolf, or other large beast. 

Though for Brodds sake though, I hope it’s a zombie mancrusher. 

• LOVE IT! 2

32 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Do you have any idea what you've just did? Now he won't stop talking about a zombie gargant until GW releases one. This is almost as bad as if you'd mention Tzeentch around me. 

Didn't think that far ahead, did ya? Off into the bad dudes and dudettes corner with you! At least Arkhan won't be lonely now anymore.

Edited by MitGas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Do you have any idea what you've just did? Now he won't stop talking about a zombie gargant until GW releases one. This is almost as bad as if you'd mention Tzeentch around me. 

Didn't think that far ahead, did ya? Off into the bad dudes and dudettes corner with you! At least Arkhan won't be lonely now anymore.

Leave Arkhan alone. he's been through enough already lately.

24 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You mean a vampiric Gaunt Summoner?

15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You mean a vampiric Gaunt Summoner?

I fear I lack the charming motivation our dear King has, an undead minion doesn't tickle my fancy. But I'd be ecstatic about some other new pawns and toys! 😎

Ah ****** it, YES, I would also like like such an unholy figure. While I do not see the need for a summoner to be undead (as he's part daemon at least), I'm sure it won't hurt and being a vampire will give him additional cool points with the female gaunt summoner.... summonesses? Everybody needs someone to love. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

With the rat-vampire hero (can’t remember his name) ties to ulfencairn, I expected him to be part of an expansion (and would utilize those rat swarm models) but it appears he’s in the main release line.

I do expect we’ll get one or two  large monster releases. My guess is a flesh golem/zombie construct and perhaps an undead two-headed wolf, or other large beast. 

43 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Honestly the Mancrusher kit does need to be updated as it looks dated next to the Mega but I would really enjoy a new kit if it had multiple build options!! I'm all for any new Gargants, you can quote me on that, literally but I would be slightly remiss if the the kit was only a Zombie as that means no new Mancrusher for a while!!

That being said.

ZOMBIE MANCRUSHER GW!!

• LOVE IT! 1