The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Tbh I like the Ogor hero as a cheap smash hero that can heal himself and spread the generic Command Abilities. The Priest and the Mage are interesting.

The Noble and the Witch hunter are superb Proxies for Freeguild Generals :)

Also: The female human Paladin has a 3+ save. Might this foreshadow that Stormcast might go up to a 3+ save across the board? :)

I am really excited.

Seeing as the Jelsen and Glaurio have guns and the General can't have that anymore; they would fit better as Cogsmiths, Shadow Walkers or the start of an awesome Handgunners unit.

Emerelda is a perfect General though.

Edited by zilberfrid

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

Oh, so it's gone. So it is limited, and we should brace for paying gouged prices or not getting it at all.

They have expressed multiple times on facebook and warhammer community Cursed City is not limited and it will be around for the "foreseeable future" :) . So no rush, although the restock might be slow due to the situation in the world. Let's hope not too long to limit the scalping!

Edited by KratosvonCarstein
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Oh, so it's gone. So it is limited, and we should brace for paying gouged prices or not getting it at all.

It is definitely not limited. It looks like this run isn't big enough though. There may be a bit of a wait before it's back in stock again. I wonder if they will do a made to order run like they did with Indomitus. 

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I may wait for the re ups before going to Ebay for Corpse Eater, just so there are more available and noone tries to charge me (£30?!) for him separate as I've seen.

It's not a one off like the sisters of battle boxed set.

They'll restock as it's going to be around for a fair while, but you might have to wait a bit due to current global supply chain issues, not necessarily for the complete boxes per se but for raw materials  -many other industries are also feeling it.

If it makes you feel any better, Darksphere were allocated only 30 -50 boxes, and I can imagine that element etc were in a similar place.

I'm just going to hang on.  I hope word gets around so that scalpers don't have a good innings with this box.

Bear in mind that there's a high probability that when the soulblight book lands many fo the models such as the gravelord will become available to buy separately anyhoo.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

Element said they had a good amount of stock but its all gone now. They did say it wasn't clear if there would be more stock but I think there's just a lack of clarity from GW about this at the moment so you're going to get differing info floating around

Dark Sphere don't seem to have put their pre-order up at all yet unless it just went in a flash, as there's no product listing for it yet that I can see. It won't be around long if they have 30-50 copies though obviously

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Element said they had a good amount of stock but its all gone now. They did say it wasn't clear if there would be more stock but I think there's just a lack of clarity from GW about this at the moment so you're going to get differing info floating around

Dark Sphere don't seem to have put their pre-order up at all yet unless it just went in a flash, as there's no product listing for it yet that I can see. It won't be around long if they have 30-50 copies though obviously

I think Darksphere might have done an expression of interest email thing - they did it with the Sisters box so their mailing list gets first go at it. 

I managed to get one off GW,  I know they are coming back in stock but it takes me an age to paint anything and I wanted to get these all painted up so I can maybe get my mate to play after lockdown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

exactly this.

Both DS and EG were very throttled compared to the volume they normally get allocated.  From a GW perspective, if you've got a limited supply chain currently why wouldn't you funnel 95% of the customer base into paying full chat for it?

GW themselves probably didn't have as many launch units as they'd hoped for I'll bet, so you know it was going to be like shooting fish in a barrel, and hey less than five minutes later... what do you know.

Considering that GW has limited production and appears to be doing the new Hatchettworks magazine in the USA this year I would wager GW cannot produce more at this stage for a huge launch. We all knew this was likely to run out of stock, but there's no panic on this order. It's got several years ahead of it and GW can pace out the production. The only thing you miss out on is the metal key if you order from GW direct. Otherwise you can safely wait a few weeks/months and Cursed City will be back in stock. 

The only thing in the Warhammer Quest series that history has shown you have to worry about are expansion packs, which sell out pretty fast online, though can often last a lot longer in physical stores (some hunting around can get you copies even now of some of the content). Even then GW typically restocks them a few times after launch before they are gone for good. 

This isn't a launch to worry about, frustrating if you wanted a copy and didn't get one, but not one to worry about; it will be back. Same price, same content, same models

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Also: The female human Paladin has a 3+ save. Might this foreshadow that Stormcast might go up to a 3+ save across the board? :)

I am really excited.

Most Stormcast 5-wounds foot heroes are on a 3+ already, so I'd say she's just modelled on those

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Do we know what this happy little chap is? He comes in the Cursed City box but I don't remember seeing him in any of the previews before now.

Capture.PNG

he's one of the objective markers in the images

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I have a feeling they will do a preview next Saturday. 

I wish!

What would yo be expected?

I was thinking that belakor might not actually be getting any other new units (sort of like the morathi release).  I would think Bekalor, and at best a repackaging of the existing start collecting guys... but other than that, it's going to be one more for the battalions, rules, etc in the book as opposed to new plastic. 

My thinking is that it alternates ... morathi just had the endless spells, then teclis came with tons of stuff (although most of that might not have been originally intended, idk)  next belakor just brings in belakor, and PERHAPS Kragnos ends up being a bit of a meatier release again. Just speculation really.

I'm SUPER excited to learn more about Kragnos, and if the "Belakor May, Kragnos June" rumor is true, we might need to see something about that soon.  I just don't know (beyond 40k orks, idoneth warband, and possibly a few additional gravelord pieces) what else there would be to show off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I wish!

What would yo be expected?

I was thinking that belakor might not actually be getting any other new units (sort of like the morathi release).  I would think Bekalor, and at best a repackaging of the existing start collecting guys... but other than that, it's going to be one more for the battalions, rules, etc in the book as opposed to new plastic. 

My thinking is that it alternates ... morathi just had the endless spells, then teclis came with tons of stuff (although most of that might not have been originally intended, idk)  next belakor just brings in belakor, and PERHAPS Kragnos ends up being a bit of a meatier release again. Just speculation really.

I'm SUPER excited to learn more about Kragnos, and if the "Belakor May, Kragnos June" rumor is true, we might need to see something about that soon.  I just don't know (beyond 40k orks, idoneth warband, and possibly a few additional gravelord pieces) what else there would be to show off.

I think it is strange as Be'Lakor is coming and we have seen some preview engines hinting at new chaos stuff (not clear if it is AOS or 40K) but also nothing even hinting at more chaos releases. I am both excited and financially worried about what is around the corner. Be'Lakor I can justify new slaves to darkness units... now things are getting dicey 😅