The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Carnith said:

The elf can be played in other cities because sylvaneth gain the cities keywords. She just can't gain a new glade keyword for sylvaneth armies. 

45 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Unless you play her as Living City!

Oh, yes.. I wasn't writing very clearly.

I just meant it's like how the other heroes have Ulfenkarn as a keyword, and it calls out how you can't use another city keyword even tho they're all marked cities of sigmar.

I was just saying I thought that meant it wasn't indicating a new glade (or new city), more that they were preventing these guys (who are useable in those factions) to gain whatever bonuses you get by being part of a specific city...  maybe being the leader or something?

I don't know how glades work, but when someone posted and questioned if it meant new sylvaneth book / glades were more likely, I was theorizing that maybe it's just the same effect - they dont' want this character to have a certain interaction with existing glades, like the other order heroes can't gain other cities...

But yes - interestingly she's sylvaneth, and not cities - so if you were using her in cities as a living city sylvaneth, she's golden. 

Edited by Fyrenn

Sadly looks like Blackstone, all the heroes are all on one sprue and the Hostile (including Gorslav, the Chainberlain, and the Vargulf) are on the other. making separate release of them in the future less likely.

interesting note though is that Rakudar is the only one on a separate sprue  compare to the others.

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sadly looks like Blackstone, all the heroes are all on one sprue and the Hostile (including Gorslav, the Chainberlain, and the Vargulf) are on the other. making separate release of them in the future less likely.

interesting note though is that Rakudar is the only one on a separate sprue  compare to the others.

It depends what GW wants to do really. They might remain exclusive or they could release them as a single page. They've done it with the Indomitus pack of models which has a bunch of Necron units on a single sprue. It really depends on GW and GW can be very hard to predict at times. My gut feeling is that Cursed City is being made ot tie more closely to AoS than Blackstone Fortress was to 40K. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mutton said:

So are the heroes exclusive allies to CoS and Order?

Nah, there is KO, Sylvaneth... interestingly the Ogor is Cities as well as Ogor, so I don't know what that does for him...

I don't know the costs or anything, but there are a couple ones that sound decent.  The one order priestess can do a d6 heal to a model on a 4+ prayer to just a 'friendly' model. it's nice it's not keyword locked for the abilities...

Edited by Fyrenn
  • Like 1

I doubt the bad guys will see any play at all seeing as they have to all be taken together and you probably need to include at least a unit of zombies and a unit of skeletons to get the most of Gorslav and Halgrim respectively, kind of a shame because I could see Radukar's CA being pretty useful.

The KO guys ability is kinda cool, he might turn up, the Ogor, van Alten and Braskov might see play if you want a stand alone hero who can smash stuff for fairly cheap but I don't think that type of hero really has a worthy niche in the game right now. The others I think are too fragile and don't do enough.

I think people are reading too much into seeing Sylvaneth on the Kurnothi's warscroll, I don't that means very much at all at this point.

31 minutes ago, Doko said:

Nothing cool or even close to competitive for city of these new heroes.

0 aura or comand skills,only combat heroes that  are useless.(even gotrek who is the best combat heroe isnt competitive)

While I'll never get why GW is opposed to making underworlds warbands decent in AoS, I'm totally ok with them not expecting people to buy a full boxed game to get a specific hero for their army that is "must have" competitively. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Cursed city is sold out in New Zealand and Australia. The Japanese version lasted just 30 minutes here, but I managed to get an English language version. If you are looking to buy in Europe or America it will probably go fast. 

For once I can’t tell if it’s scalpers or people really love the box set or both. Either way I will turn to Ebay!!!

Oh no, the heroes are all on one sprue? That's sad news. Getting multiples of them will be difficult and expensive.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Cursed city is sold out in New Zealand and Australia. The Japanese version lasted just 30 minutes here, but I managed to get an English language version. If you are looking to buy in Europe or America it will probably go fast. 

Is it "no longer available" or just out of stock? Can you get email notifications for when it's back?

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Honestly I was thinking about preordering because of the bonus key, but now I probably don't have to worry since both will get sold out so quickly. Well, now back to the grey minis I bough a year ago

12 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Honestly I was thinking about preordering because of the bonus key, but now I probably don't have to worry since both will get sold out so quickly. Well, now back to the grey minis I bough a year ago

I have a kickstarter of over 200 minis coming in next week, and Blood Bowl, and I really want to change my Kharadron colours, so having this temptation unavailable for now isn't that bad.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Tbh I like the Ogor hero as a cheap smash hero that can heal himself and spread the generic Command Abilities. The Priest and the Mage are interesting.

The Noble and the Witch hunter are superb Proxies for Freeguild Generals :)

Also: The female human Paladin has a 3+ save. Might this foreshadow that Stormcast might go up to a 3+ save across the board? :)

I am really excited.

25 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Oh no, the heroes are all on one sprue? That's sad news. Getting multiples of them will be difficult and expensive.

Is it "no longer available" or just out of stock? Can you get email notifications for when it's back?

It says "No longer available online" and there is no email notification option. 

I'm hoping it's just temporary because I had to work today and will be gutted if I have missed out. My understanding was that this would not be limited but I am starting my hunt with local FLGS now, just in case. Might be a few copies in stores on release day too  can try.