The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

GW the actual company has responded dozens of times to this question saying it isn't limited. Your store probably made a mistake/misunderstood/misspoke. 

100% agree, that's why I asked, happy that so far it seems an isolated voice

In 3.0 I hope we get more Characters original to AOS for all the Factions. Orruks and Gloomspite need more but they do at least have Gordrakk and Skragrott. Hopefully we get an Ogor Tyrant and Frostlord named characters and I wonder who the Sons of the Behemat could get?

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Aaannnd there's another project added to my backlog 😂

What about using Archaon and swapping the 3 heads. I still have mine to build aswell..... 

With the Be'Lakor hype, I forgot Archaon was a thing... but I guess if I ever get the Madman on weird horse dragon I am going full on King Ghidorah on Dorghar.

• LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

In 3.0 I hope we get more Characters original to AOS for all the Factions. Orruks and Gloomspite need more but they do at least have Gordraak and Skragrott. Hopefully we get an Ogor Tyrant and Frostlord named characters and I wonder who the Sons of the Behemat could get?

As much as I want AOS to stand alone and develop its own narrative, I feel like each army should have a legacy character from Fantasy...

That character's name is Greasus Goldtooth!

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As much as I want AOS to stand alone and develop its own narrative, I feel like each army should have a legacy character from Fantasy...

The current Meatfist OverTyrant is Globb Glittermaw who seems to be the Greasus for AOS!! An Ogor said to be the size of a Gargant* with gem encrusted teeth hence his name. 

*I assume a Mancrusher Gargant.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Nothing concrete really but Kurnothi seems to pop up every once in a wild in models and books.

Cough cough wink wink reading

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Harvest

and getting hopes up....

I read Dark Harvest and I adore it.  I also think, precisely because of Dark Harvest, that Kurnothi can not be properly explored if they are a expansion to Sylvaneth.

Yeah, Kurnothi do seem to pop up here and there but that is hardly a guarantee that they will eventually get their own faction.

For the record,  of all possible armies to come, I am hoping for Kurnothi the most.  But I have this gut feeling that they will basically stay like this.  Models in smaller games and a few lore mentions here and there. 

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here content without a ton of named playable characters, because I like creating my own armies lore with my own "named characters" and utilizing command traits and artefacts to help represent this. However, I do get the interest especially in the Black Library context of having a big named Frostlord leading a pack of Beastclaw Raiders for example.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here content without a ton of named playable characters, because I like creating my own armies lore with my own "named characters" and utilizing command traits and artefacts to help represent this. However, I do get the interest especially in the Black Library context of having a big named Frostlord leading a pack of Beastclaw Raiders for example.

I agree with you as I am not typically one for named characters. However, I feel like if each army had one they could be balanced against one another and folks like us can keep playing with our made up heroes. 🙂

Although, I am very likely getting Be'Lakor, as that model is fantastic but 9/10 he will just be used as a Demon prince on a massive base or a Greater Demon ally. The 1/10 times will get split between Be'Lakor or proxied Archaon, but only if my friends are using named character in their armies. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Oh mate I would love if Black Library started doing more books with Destruction as the bad guys and better yet from their point of view. Most BL for AOS at the moment, that I've read anyway, have Chaos as the antagonist.

A named Frostlord would be amazing though, and a mini showing him/her off would be even greater.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I read Dark Harvest and I adore it.  I also think, precisely because of Dark Harvest, that Kurnothi can not be properly explored if they are a expansion to Sylvaneth.

Yeah, Kurnothi do seem to pop up here and there but that is hardly a guarantee that they will eventually get their own faction.

For the record,  of all possible armies to come, I am hoping for Kurnothi the most.  But I have this gut feeling that they will basically stay like this.  Models in smaller games and a few lore mentions here and there. 

Out of interest, what makes you think Dark Harvest means that the Kurnothi cannot be fully explored? I would argue that given what we have seen of the Kurnothi thus far, Dark Harvest really helps to explain why they are the way they are and actually helps them become a full "sub-theme" or whatever within Sylvaneth

Spoiler

Each of the Aelven Gods in AoS has been shown to be a God of Order long before they are a God of Good, and thus far each one has had a major theme of doing something duplicitous and immoral to maintain control over their children/to be able to make their children in the first place. Morathi is stealing away extra souls to make her Cauldronborn, and was lying about the fate of Khaine, and then, you know, did the whole ascension thing. Teclis was prepared to wipe out his first go at children, and the Lumineth using Hyshian Light Magic to try and mind control/indoctrinate/"elevate" humans in Settler's Gain to try and maintain Order in their Nations. Malerion's entire schtick in AoS is being Shadow Magic; misdirection, illusion, duplicity - and whilst we don't know what this means for his Shadow Aelves, we know that even his gift to Sigmar to help end the Age of Chaos was a means for trying to corrupt and reshape and control.
In this context, the fact that there is an undesirable "primal" fragment of Kurnoth in Dark Harvest seems to fit perfectly. Alarielle wanted a perfect husband and perfect Kurnothi, and couldn't do that with kurnoth intact, so she tore the "Dark Hart" out of Kurnoth and replaced it with her own essence and energy. It means she had a consort and divine ally utterly loyal to her, it means that the Kurnothi she makes can continue the Aelf theme of being made at a cost, and being utterly loyal to their creator by divine tether, and also means there was a terrible cost - the 'Dark Hart' that has now awoken is a godbeast-esque power that is now loose in the world, and Kurnoth is "dead" - possibly because he was weakened from not being whole and so could not defeat the forces of Nurgle that pursued him.

26 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

Out of interest, what makes you think Dark Harvest means that the Kurnothi cannot be fully explored? I would argue that given what we have seen of the Kurnothi thus far, Dark Harvest really helps to explain why they are the way they are and actually helps them become a full "sub-theme" or whatever within Sylvaneth

Hide contents

Each of the Aelven Gods in AoS has been shown to be a God of Order long before they are a God of Good, and thus far each one has had a major theme of doing something duplicitous and immoral to maintain control over their children/to be able to make their children in the first place. Morathi is stealing away extra souls to make her Cauldronborn, and was lying about the fate of Khaine, and then, you know, did the whole ascension thing. Teclis was prepared to wipe out his first go at children, and the Lumineth using Hyshian Light Magic to try and mind control/indoctrinate/"elevate" humans in Settler's Gain to try and maintain Order in their Nations. Malerion's entire schtick in AoS is being Shadow Magic; misdirection, illusion, duplicity - and whilst we don't know what this means for his Shadow Aelves, we know that even his gift to Sigmar to help end the Age of Chaos was a means for trying to corrupt and reshape and control.
In this context, the fact that there is an undesirable "primal" fragment of Kurnoth in Dark Harvest seems to fit perfectly. Alarielle wanted a perfect husband and perfect Kurnothi, and couldn't do that with kurnoth intact, so she tore the "Dark Hart" out of Kurnoth and replaced it with her own essence and energy. It means she had a consort and divine ally utterly loyal to her, it means that the Kurnothi she makes can continue the Aelf theme of being made at a cost, and being utterly loyal to their creator by divine tether, and also means there was a terrible cost - the 'Dark Hart' that has now awoken is a godbeast-esque power that is now loose in the world, and Kurnoth is "dead" - possibly because he was weakened from not being whole and so could not defeat the forces of Nurgle that pursued him.

Because Kurnoth was caged, flayed alive and his heart stolen by Alarielle for the sole reason of Kurnoth being far too savage and primal. 

I have no interest in seeing timid Kurnoth who obeys the whims of Alarielle.  I wish to see a primordial force of red tooth and claw.

Besides Dark Harvest book, I strongly recommend Orion trilogy.  Kurnoth was never nice, he is a force of nature, violent and majestic as the storm, volcano, hurricane or tsunami.  In the avatar of Orion, he killed and ate the hearts of Wood Elves who joined his Wild Hunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

For the record,  in Dark Harvest, Kurnoth and his followers hate Alarielle.

They should be their own faction.

They could share the same battletome as they would share units like dryads or Kurnoth hunters, you could just have a restriction that Alarielle that couldn't be in an army with the Kurnothi keyword.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

They should be their own faction.

I feel like I am the odd one out that wants things to be merged into bigger factions with distinct but playable sub-factions, rather than splintered into smaller warring factions. I would rather get Kurnothi added to Sylvaneth to allow for a more expansive range while minimizing the glut of armies in AOS. I am cool if the rules would deny Kurnoth and Alarielle to be taken in the same army, but I want Centaur Aelves and Trees fighting side by side and I could care less what god they follow. I think ideally it would be cool if they could be used in both armies but with different battle line options (Kurnothi general/Kurnothi Battleline, Sylvaneth general/Sylvaneth Battleline) and separate grand alliances (Order and Destruction). 

And @MarkK beat me to the punch... 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MarkK said:

They could share the same battletome as they would share units like dryads or Kurnoth hunters, you could just have a restriction that Alarielle that couldn't be in an army with the Kurnothi keyword.

How would people feel if Kurnothi and Sylvaneth had separate books with some of the same units in both or could take specifically key-worded units from the other book?

33 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Because Kurnoth was caged, flayed alive and his heart stolen by Alarielle for the sole reason of Kurnoth being far too savage and primal. 

I have no interest in seeing timid Kurnoth who obeys the whims of Alarielle.  I wish to see a primordial force of red tooth and claw.

Besides Dark Harvest book, I strongly recommend Orion trilogy.  Kurnoth was never nice, he is a force of nature, violent and majestic as the storm, volcano, hurricane or tsunami.  In the avatar of Orion, he killed and ate the hearts of Wood Elves who joined his Wild Hunt.

I read the first of the  Orion books and he is incredibly savage. I think Kurnothi could well be coming as a thing themselves- they might be able to ally with Sylvaneth but possibly be stand alone factions, in fairy tales the Fae always had separate courts for the King and Queen and they were rivals. Plus..

Spoiler

From BR: Teclis -Teclis warns Alarielle she has unleashed a force even she cannot control , while she talks of Spring coming. Either the return of Spring means the rebirth of Kurnoth or perhaps she has released Kragnos who will take over his mantle .. either way the forces of Life are in the ascendant and the Kurnothi represent the animalistic side of nature, they seemed to be teased enough so they may be on their way for 3rd ed. Finding out more about Kragnos and what Alarielle has been up to in the next while we will see. Who knows maybe they will even make the starter Kurnothi vs Destruction... [I can hope😇].

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

I read the first of the  Orion books and he is incredibly savage. I think Kurnothi could well be coming as a thing themselves- they might be able to ally with Sylvaneth but possibly be stand alone factions, in fairy tales the Fae always had separate courts for the King and Queen and they were rivals. Plus..

Reveal hidden contents

From BR: Teclis -Teclis warns Alarielle she has unleashed a force even she cannot control , while she talks of Spring coming. Either the return of Spring means the rebirth of Kurnoth or perhaps she has released Kragnos who will take over his mantle .. either way the forces of Life are in the ascendant and the Kurnothi represent the animalistic side of nature, they seemed to be teased enough so they may be on their way for 3rd ed. Finding out more about Kragnos and what Alarielle has been up to in the next while we will see. Who knows maybe they will even make the starter Kurnothi vs Destruction... [I can hope😇].

Very good idea.

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like I am the odd one out that wants things to be merged into bigger factions with distinct but playable sub-factions, rather than splintered into smaller warring factions. I would rather get Kurnothi added to Sylvaneth to allow for a more expansive range while minimizing the glut of armies in AOS. I am cool if the rules would deny Kurnoth and Alarielle to be taken in the same army, but I want Centaur Aelves and Trees fighting side by side and I could care less what god they follow. I think ideally it would be cool if they could be used in both armies but with different battle line options (Kurnothi general/Kurnothi Battleline, Sylvaneth general/Sylvaneth Battleline) and separate grand alliances (Order and Destruction). 

And @MarkK beat me to the punch... 😅

To be honest, from what I read here on this forum, I am the odd one for wanting a separate standalone Kurnothi faction. 

You desire to see them merged into one, even if it makes no lore sense whatsoever after you read Dark Harvest, seem far more universal here.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Yeah, read the Dark Harvest.

Followers of Kurnoth kill followers of Alarielle on sight, and vica versa.

57 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

"You uncultured swine, let me put you in a cage, rip your skin off and eat your heart. You know, like civilized people."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sorrow said:

Yeah, read the Dark Harvest.

Followers of Kurnoth kill followers of Alarielle on sight, and vica versa.

I've read it, the Kurnothi followers were Sylvaneth too, not all the Sylvaneth were fans of Alarielle

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarkK said:

I've read it, the Kurnothi followers were Sylvaneth too, not all the Sylvaneth were fans of Alarielle

Still, it does not change the fact that followers of Kurnoth kill followers of Alarielle on sight, and vica versa. Even humans devoted to one of them kill each other in Dark Harvest.

24 minutes ago, Jator said:

Not a rumour, but I wanted to show my appreciation to the broken realms fiction about Vokmortian. Really shows that OBR are more interesting than what they look at the surface.

Totally agree. I knew they were more elite skeletons (technically constructs) and were known for being tacticians. But still in my mind I viewed them as basic Skeletons for whatever reason. The story really does paint a great picture about how OBR are not mindless skeletons. Not only can  they talk, they are good at 4d chess, both literally and figuratively lol.

• Like 1