The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Overread said:

IF (and its a massive huge if) Kurnothi appear its going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Wood Elves in Cities of Sigmar. Will GW do what they've done with Legions of Nagash and port those models out and back into Sylvaneth (or into Kurnothi if they wind up being their own army); will the do nothing and the Kurnothi are a new idea; will they even remove them and the Kurnothi replace them. It could be a very important moment in terms of what GW is looking to do with Cities.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Cursed City Kurnothi looks suspiciously normal compared to the Beastgrave warband, right down to the antlers being able to pass as either grown or a worn crown. That tells me the Wanderers will almost certainly be moved over to the Kurnothi, whether that's as an "Alarielle has more faith after allying with the Cities and cautiously welcomes them back" or as-of-now-unmentioned enclaves who were sort of 'always there' but just didn't get referenced.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, novakai said:

realistically i don't see BR Be'lakor is coming out with more new stuff other then Himself and the Battalion boxes if the release is slated for this month. (unless it the S2D chaos warriors and knights from the starter box or somehow its ties in with the NH and Gardus model) we would have probably have known by now that a Plastic Kroak was on the way. if there is a new Kroak model its probably a few months off from now.

BR Kragnos is still a mystery, but i expect them to fully reveal him and any related release for that BR book in the next preview show.

2020-03-17.jpg2021-02-23.jpg

These two rumor engines are still unsolved and almost certainly STD in some capacity. the horse leg is probably a marauder horseman, that horseshoe is on STD models, the new Knights in particular, but every chaos knight horse has an armor plate on the shin.

If they do make a full Kurnothi army, I hope they embrace the savagery of them more. The old wood elves are nice minis but they are a bit to noble for my taste. The old art made the wood elves look a lot nastier. I want an army that echoes the idea of the wild hunt. 1554820857_images(1).jpeg.d654df5b378b47897a96fa980055c1b0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just a thought (and im sure its wrong),but  instead of Kragnos being part of an existing grand alliance, could he be the start of something New? A NEW 5th grand alliance? Perhaps its what Allarielle has been alluding to as the new threat no ones paying attention to? As he's lost his people, it could be a mixed faction made up of all sorts of disparate groups? Kurnothi, silent ones, basically anything that has a grudge vs. the current gods, and wants a new direction?

• Like 1

Or.. if we actually are getting the kurnothi, can we have wild destruction faction aelves? Or a mix of wild elves, satyrs, centaurs, and all other manner of fey creatures? That worship Orion or life itself of something? It would be nice to get an aelf faction thats doesn't belong to order. And it would look fundamentally different than the current humanoid Destruction armies, that are  all muscle bound brutes (orruks, giants, ogres) or small crazy murders backed by brutes (gitz and troggoths). 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Just a thought (and im sure its wrong),but  instead of Kragnos being part of an existing grand alliance, could he be the start of something New? A NEW 5th grand alliance? Perhaps its what Allarielle has been alluding to as the new threat no ones paying attention to? As he's lost his people, it could be a mixed faction made up of all sorts of disparate groups? Kurnothi, silent ones, basically anything that has a grudge vs. the current gods, and wants a new direction?

Grand Alliance: Life with Sylvaneth, Kurnothi and Beasts of Chaos? Might be cool.

EDIT: Or Grand Alliance: New Order with Daughters, Idoneth, Gravelords and Belakor, that sounds fun, too. Not that it will ever happen.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

These two rumor engines are still unsolved and almost certainly STD in some capacity. the horse leg is probably a marauder horseman, that horseshoe is on STD models, the new Knights in particular, but every chaos knight horse has an armor plate on the shin.

Sure, i am just stating the chances of them revealing anymore  new stuff in the next two weeks other then what we already know is coming  since Belekor is stated for April atm and Soulblight Gravelord is probably right after that

Be'lakor seems to be more demon based release too and just maybe just more rules for mixed daemon armies

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

EDIT: Or Grand Alliance: New Order with Daughters, Idoneth, Gravelords and Belakor, that sounds fun, too. Not that it will ever happen.

You really want to make New World Realm Order without reptilians Saurus ?

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

This stuff Alarielle supposedly says in BR Teclis about 'spring coming', 'the return of life', 'the realms awakening', do we think this might be a hint in favour of Kurnoth?

Yeah thats what I'm thinking .. didn't she plant a seed of him from the Old Stag? Plus Orion was always reborn at the start of spring. Or perhaps he will stay dead and Kragnos will rise in his place.

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I would really love to see the siege of Excelsius upset the balance of AoS. Like make some really huge changes. I'd love to see a battle with such incredible Waagh! energy that Gorkamoraka manifests (or turns gordraaak into his avatar) and Sigmar (or Dracothian?) actually has to make a personal appearance to deal with him as the gates come crashing down. It would be a fight for the ages, but I feel GW would have Sigmar win, hold the gate, and return to the status quo (especially after how they have handled the Teclis stories).  

But wouldn't it be cool if the mixed destruction army was soo huge that therewas enough Waagh energy to have Gorkamorka/Gordraak actually win and push Sigmar back? Gate falls, and now in AoS 3 we can fight in the realm of azyr? Perhaps Grungi and the dwarves finally make an appearance and stop the tide of destruction? Or perhaps Allariales long stewing plans finally come forth and she somehow affects the battle? Or Slannesh makes its move? SO many possibilities, I just hope that whatever the ramifications are, it shakes up the grand alliances a bit. 

I could see Gordrakk getting elevated to an avatar of  Gorkamorka or as it incarnate. Not sure if Gorkamorka would manifest- isn't he huge ? But Destruction could definitely use a centrepiece/central character so I wonder how they will do this. I reckon they could take part of Excelsius leaving the city in a state of part ruin/occupation. 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

IF (and its a massive huge if) Kurnothi appear its going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Wood Elves in Cities of Sigmar. Will GW do what they've done with Legions of Nagash and port those models out and back into Sylvaneth (or into Kurnothi if they wind up being their own army); will the do nothing and the Kurnothi are a new idea; will they even remove them and the Kurnothi replace them. It could be a very important moment in terms of what GW is looking to do with Cities.

They've sort of teased ideas with Morathi and the old Dark Elf stuff, but as they only made it an optional army in an optional expansion book and have given no hints of Morathi's forces welcoming the new armies into them in a big way (they are as allied as Idoneth are) then it leaves us still wondering what the long term plan is. 

The other difference is that lore wise GW has put a lot into Morathi's army being just the DoK and nothing else. Splicing in the old Dark Elf models would swell the army to a full diverse force in one go; but it would also totally dilute the DoK themes they've had going for them since release. Especially since the Dark Elf half doesn't "need" the DoK forces as such to bulk it out; its already got everything it needs really. 

I could see them staying - the beauty of Cities of Sigmar is it provides the opportunity not only to explore design of new human forces but different types of Aelves and Duardin while still having the separate factions. Theres loads of flexibility there if the designers want to develop different ideas without them becoming a full faction. So they could take Kurnothi one direction [maybe the more Fae aspect, and take the wanders in another - the more noble wood elves from 8th. They don't have to choose between they can do both, keeping them distinctly different. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The continued 'humanisation' of the Ossiarchs is always something I enjoy reading about.

I especially liked the game set being a gift from Zandtos.

Yeah, it's great. A fair amount of character and emotion, and a self-awareness about it.

It came as a surprise to some that the Ossiarchs played games. Yet as Vokmortian saw it, his people were no mindless revenants; they were a culture, and a culture must have its pastimes. Of course, every such game was based around principles of strategy and logic. Even through their distractions, Katakros sought to hone his armies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

But wouldn't it be cool if the mixed destruction army was soo huge that therewas enough Waagh energy to have Gorkamorka/Gordraak actually win and push Sigmar back? Gate falls, and now in AoS 3 we can fight in the realm of azyr? Perhaps Grungi and the dwarves finally make an appearance and stop the tide of destruction? Or perhaps Allariales long stewing plans finally come forth and she somehow affects the battle? Or Slannesh makes its move? SO many possibilities, I just hope that whatever the ramifications are, it shakes up the grand alliances a bit. 

Excelsis is in Ghur, not Azyr, which means the city can definitely fall to give Gordrakk essential control over (most of) Ghur.

that would mean:
Gordrakk - Ghur
Alarielle - Ghyran
Hysh - Teclis & Tyrion
Ulgu - Malerion (and sort-of Morathi?)
Azyr - Sigmar
Shyish - Nagash

which is a nice parallel to them being fused with the Winds of Magic

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Maybe they're the same model, and that's a staff top, and they're finally giving chaos sorcerers their horse option back?

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

I could see Gordrakk getting elevated to an avatar of  Gorkamorka or as it incarnate. Not sure if Gorkamorka would manifest- isn't he huge ? But Destruction could definitely use a centrepiece/central character so I wonder how they will do this. I reckon they could take part of Excelsius leaving the city in a state of part ruin/occupation. 

Gorkamorka won't ever get a model (and probably shouldn't either). Gorkamorka is romanticized so heavily by the forces of destruction that it wouldn't be believable for the forces of destruction to believe anything claiming to actually be gorkamorka. It would be like finding out santa isn't real for them but on a bigger scale. They might try to make an "archaon-like" model for destruction but it just wouldn't fit that well, unless its just a pumped up gordrakk but I couldn't see him fighting alongside grots and ogors on the regular. I'd like to see this go in a direction where Gorkamorka splits into Gork and Mork again.

2 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

New BR leaks

BR settra leak.png

Don't you think Tomb King players have been through enough?

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Scythian said:

The next vamp reveal should be in a couple weeks. The army is probably dropping May 1st.

I agree, very late April or sometime in May is my thinking. We know BR: Be'lakor is basically confirmed for April after the article today about the April coin and the free model. It seems to me that GW is really starting to pick up speed on their releases. In addition, we have Cursed City going on pre order this weekend and the Soulblight warband for Underworlds is also in April, both releases will have AoS warscrolls, so it makes sense that the Soulblight Battletome will be released in the next 20-50 days. If this turns out to be the case, I am curious if it will be a FULL release, or if it will be a staggered release similar to LRL. I realize the LRL staggered release was likely a result of COVID. However, if SGL are getting several never before kits (I have no basis for this, just a hypothetical) then I could see the battletome being released along with Skeletons, Zombies, Blood Knights, etc and then possibly the brand new kits at a later date. Granted, if they did this we would see their warscrolls in the SGL book.. ANYWAYS I think SGL is very soon and I couldn't be more excited!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I hope the Skull is from a new Marauder unit or an undivided Demon unit. Although I think we are more likely to get the multipart Chaos Warrior kit.
As I like the current Marauder Horsemen I hope the hoof is from a Dark Oath Mounted lord.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Excelsis is in Ghur, not Azyr, which means the city can definitely fall to give Gordrakk essential control over (most of) Ghur.

that would mean:
Gordrakk - Ghur
Alarielle - Ghyran
Hysh - Teclis & Tyrion
Ulgu - Malerion (and sort-of Morathi?)
Azyr - Sigmar
Shyish - Nagash

which is a nice parallel to them being fused with the Winds of Magic

Yes, but doesn't Excelsis have a realmgate in it to Azyr? which is why Gordraak is heading there. To break the gates of Excelsis down and pass through the realmgate to Azyr, to finally get his dream of fighting SIgmar himself? Excelsis is just a roadblock to the gate. 

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

If they do make a full Kurnothi army, I hope they embrace the savagery of them more. The old wood elves are nice minis but they are a bit to noble for my taste. The old art made the wood elves look a lot nastier. I want an army that echoes the idea of the wild hunt. 1554820857_images(1).jpeg.d654df5b378b47897a96fa980055c1b0.jpeg

I agree, and this direction complements Sylvaneth perfectly.  Ariel/Alarielle always embodied the idea of the magical and fey aspect of nature and Orion/Kurnoth seemed to favor savagery of the wild hunt. Two sides of the same coin that is life and nature.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Yes, but doesn't Excelsis have a realmgate in it to Azyr? which is why Gordraak is heading there. To break the gates of Excelsis down and pass through the realmgate to Azyr, to finally get his dream of fighting SIgmar himself? Excelsis is just a roadblock to the gate. 

GW could pause the plot before that happens though :P they did it with the Allpoints and Katakros only getting a foothold. Order could destroy the realmgate, or prevent Gordrakk from getting a foothold, etc

Edited by CommissarRotke