The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Sorry you've got such a limited imagination and poor understanding of the background I guess. Being incapable of understanding the difference between relatively fixed aspects of AoS and the space for imagination - do you believe that dwarves are literally all clones and share the exact same personalities, attitudes, beliefs, desires? - is a sorry way to be.

I'm just messing with you. 

Edited by xking

4 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Huh, so this month's coin is chaos/be'lakor, practically confirming his BR book comes out in April. Good to be sure

Well the march one was Lumineth Realmlords and we are getting the Stuff on April 3rd.

It could have been planned for April, but it is possible that it will be may.

YES ! The 17th as a preorder date seems more and more likely.

Glad to know there won't be such a gap between BR : Teclis and BR : Be'lakor than between the former and BR : Morathi.

And the "Anvil Of Chaos" for Daemons in the April White Dwarf excites me to no end as well 😈

BTW, we should get another Broken Realms short story in the newsletter today .......

• Like 1

I'm so glad that we were finally getting the ball rolling on BR. Part of me wishes we had Teclis earlier and a bit of a break in between to digest but another part of me is buzzing that we will be getting a BR book every month until 3.0* 

*If that is the plan. 

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

YES ! The 17th as a preorder date seems more and more likely.

Glad to know there won't be such a gap between BR : Teclis and BR : Be'lakor than between the former and BR : Morathi.

And the "Anvil Of Chaos" for Daemons in the April White Dwarf excites me to no end as well 😈

BTW, we should get another Broken Realms short story in the newsletter today .......

YES!! Hopefully its Destruction based.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Is there an Anvil of Apotheosis for demon in the next white dwarf? Anvil of Apotheosis is one of my favorites tools to play around!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

On the monday Honest wargamer show Rob mentioned that a community post said Kragnos was going to be the end of the broken realms story? Also that GW seems to be gearing up for a big release in June (such as making sure store employees aren't on vacation then etc.).
If that's the case the siege of excelsis might be the starter box/new edition plot point and Destruction might not show up in broken realms, although I couldn't find the post that said that.
It does line up with a june release date though, be'lakor in april, Kragnos in May, AoS 3.0 in June.

• Like 1

Well since vampires are clearly coming before that (they've already teased the battletome and they are already in Cursed City) that would actually bode well for Destruction appearing in any big starter set for the year. It does raise the question of what the heck Kragnos is going to be since even without GW having to push things due to corona issues, 2 full new armies in advance of a new edition is a lot; esp ontop of a big update to armies like Lumineth and Slaanesh

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Well since vampires are clearly coming before that (they've already teased the battletome and they are already in Cursed City) that would actually bode well for Destruction appearing in any big starter set for the year. It does raise the question of what the heck Kragnos is going to be since even without GW having to push things due to corona issues, 2 full new armies in advance of a new edition is a lot; esp ontop of a big update to armies like Lumineth and Slaanesh

In my opinion based on what their release schedule has looked like (do to covid related issues) I'm pretty sure AoS has been having their release dates pushed further in favor of focusing on 40k (for their new edition last year). Lumineth and SoB were both originally supposed to release before june/july, which is why they showed up in the GHB, Slaanesh was probably supposed to be August/september and Gravelords were almost certainly pegged for late october/early november (spooky halloween army). Basically aos got pushed back ~6 months and now they need to make up that time to get 3.0 out on time (just like 40k had psychic awakening rushed out right before the new edition dropped).

I think Kragnos being Kurnothi/BoC are most likely, and I think Kurnothi will fit into the sylvaneth book (same book and allegiance, but they won't share synergies, similar to how mortals and daemons are separated in the tzeentch book, or the tribes in Gitz) so they'll be expansions.

Be'lakor is probably coming with some updated StD models, like solo releases of new chaos warriors/knights and we'll probably see a new kroak since he's not available anymore (The reason he would be not available on the US site and not others is because the US warehouse is out of stock and they aren't planning to produce more)

The next few months is going to be wild for AOS.

• Like 1

IF (and its a massive huge if) Kurnothi appear its going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Wood Elves in Cities of Sigmar. Will GW do what they've done with Legions of Nagash and port those models out and back into Sylvaneth (or into Kurnothi if they wind up being their own army); will the do nothing and the Kurnothi are a new idea; will they even remove them and the Kurnothi replace them. It could be a very important moment in terms of what GW is looking to do with Cities.

They've sort of teased ideas with Morathi and the old Dark Elf stuff, but as they only made it an optional army in an optional expansion book and have given no hints of Morathi's forces welcoming the new armies into them in a big way (they are as allied as Idoneth are) then it leaves us still wondering what the long term plan is. 

The other difference is that lore wise GW has put a lot into Morathi's army being just the DoK and nothing else. Splicing in the old Dark Elf models would swell the army to a full diverse force in one go; but it would also totally dilute the DoK themes they've had going for them since release. Especially since the Dark Elf half doesn't "need" the DoK forces as such to bulk it out; its already got everything it needs really. 

• Thanks 1

realistically i don't see BR Be'lakor is coming out with more new stuff other then Himself and the Battalion boxes if the release is slated for this month. (unless it the S2D chaos warriors and knights from the starter box or somehow its ties in with the NH and Gardus model) we would have probably have known by now that a Plastic Kroak was on the way. if there is a new Kroak model its probably a few months off from now.

BR Kragnos is still a mystery, but i expect them to fully reveal him and any related release for that BR book in the next preview show.

Do we think Kragnos will get a new army we've never seen before, or is it possible he will poach from an existing faction? I could see him swooping in after the battle for Excelsis and peeling off a bunch of new savage followers, especially if Gordraak/Gorkamorka falls to Sigmar once the gate is breached. 

Also I wouldn't mind seeing a savage human faction for destruction.  It never sat well with me that all the more savage nomadic peoples seem to be under Chaos's hoof. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Do we think Kragnos will get a new army we've never seen before, or is it possible he will poach from an existing faction? I could see him swooping in after the battle for Excelsis and peeling off a bunch of new savage followers, especially if Gordraak/Gorkamorka falls to Sigmar once the gate is breached. 

Also I wouldn't mind seeing a savage human faction for destruction.  It never sat well with me that all the more savage nomadic peoples seem to be under Chaos's hoof. 

i mean he such a  big mystery that there so much speculation on him and what Army/ GA he going to  be in.

Everyone has there own theory on him :

A destruction Godbeast that can be use in any of the Destruction army similar to Archaeon/ Nagash or how the New Twins work

Kurnothi god that comes with New Aelfs that can be used in Sylvaneath or is a  new stand alone army

a BOC God that comes in with new models

comes with a Brand new Army for Destruction, he either leading Ogroid Centaurs or Silent people

Revamp Chaos Dwarfs

none of the above

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

IF (and its a massive huge if) Kurnothi appear its going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Wood Elves in Cities of Sigmar. Will GW do what they've done with Legions of Nagash and port those models out and back into Sylvaneth (or into Kurnothi if they wind up being their own army); will the do nothing and the Kurnothi are a new idea; will they even remove them and the Kurnothi replace them. It could be a very important moment in terms of what GW is looking to do with Cities.

Wade Price already commented about 14 months ago, they are coming.  So the comment should be "When" not "if" and the thinking should put forth historically GW likes to release "wood elf" stuff about 11 years apart..  Last book was 2017.  Kurnothi should appear 2028... (sigh...)

But this is the crux.  What happens to Wanderers when GW redoes them as pan-aelves.  Since the Kurnothi models from Beastgrave have the Sylvaneth Keyword and the new Aelf hero has the Sylvaneth keyword on the warcard, I am guessing long term is merge Sylvaneth with Aelves and do away with old sculpts.  Not tomorrow,.. but one day.  They could also have stories of Wanderers turning into Kurnothi after the forgiveness of Alarielle.

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

i mean he such a  big mystery that there so much speculation on him and what Army/ GA he going to  be in.

Everyone has there own theory on him :

A destruction Godbeast that can be use in any of the Destruction army similar to Archaeon/ Nagash or how the New Twins work

Kurnothi god that comes with New Aelfs that can be used in Sylvaneath or is a  new stand alone army

a BOC God that comes in with new models

comes with a Brand new Army for Destruction, he either leading Ogroid Centaurs or Silent people

Revamp Chaos Dwarfs

none of the above

I would really love to see the siege of Excelsius upset the balance of AoS. Like make some really huge changes. I'd love to see a battle with such incredible Waagh! energy that Gorkamoraka manifests (or turns gordraaak into his avatar) and Sigmar (or Dracothian?) actually has to make a personal appearance to deal with him as the gates come crashing down. It would be a fight for the ages, but I feel GW would have Sigmar win, hold the gate, and return to the status quo (especially after how they have handled the Teclis stories).  

But wouldn't it be cool if the mixed destruction army was soo huge that therewas enough Waagh energy to have Gorkamorka/Gordraak actually win and push Sigmar back? Gate falls, and now in AoS 3 we can fight in the realm of azyr? Perhaps Grungi and the dwarves finally make an appearance and stop the tide of destruction? Or perhaps Allariales long stewing plans finally come forth and she somehow affects the battle? Or Slannesh makes its move? SO many possibilities, I just hope that whatever the ramifications are, it shakes up the grand alliances a bit. 

• Like 3