The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

New article on BR Teclis: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/26/how-to-survive-a-godly-smackdown-between-teclis-and-nagash/

Of some note is that Neferata is shown with the current Grave Guard minis. Could be significant RE: their presence in the new Soulblight tome but then we can see a few current skellies on the left, so it's probably just an older picture reused.

Perhaps more notable is some details on the new Sloppity Bilepiper rules.  I am not too mature to admit that 'My Love Is Like A Ripe, Ripe ******' got a smile out of me. EDIT: I cannot believe that f_a_r_t is blocked out by the filter, that's hilarious.

jI7Mw0zMIqUJmDbQ.jpg

These rules make me jolly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Although the Lumineth Realm-lords and the Ossiarch Bonereapers are taking centre-stage in Broken Realms: Teclis, they’re not the only ones getting drawn into the gods’ struggle. Dark machinations headed by everyone’s favourite backstabbing vampire seem to be riling up the plague hosts of Nurgle, who are taking to the field with some newly updated heralds at the fore."

So I wonder if this is just a piece to explain the Nurgle part in BR Teclis, or maybe this is going to be some tie in for Gravelords. I cannot wait to see the lore of BR Teclis. I really hope it sets the stage of what is going on with Soulblight and lead into the introduction of their Battletome, kind of like BR Morathi did for the new Slaanesh book.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That MUST be something dwarvish! Grugni, Golemkin, Khazalid Empire.... I want to believe!!

Kragnos is a forgotten Duardin God with a molten hammer and lightning shooting out of his eyes, about to shrug his way free of the Chamon Mountains and recall the Dispossessed to their rightful dominance, calling in the Fyreslayers (1/4 of them anyway) to help. AOS 3.0 launches with the MARCH OF THE DUARDIN!!!

Or not :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So I wonder if this is just a piece to explain the Nurgle part in BR Teclis, or maybe this is going to be some tie in for Gravelords. I cannot wait to see the lore of BR Teclis. I really hope it sets the stage of what is going on with Soulblight and lead into the introduction of their Battletome, kind of like BR Morathi did for the new Slaanesh book.

It'll probably be connected but most likely not to the same extent as the Hedonites getting riled up by a new avatar of their god. Interesting that it's in BR Teclis though, I had presumed that the Soulblight/Ghyran/Nurgle stuff would be in this hypothetical BR Alarielle.

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We have something in Chamon:

"We’ve heard rumours that something is going on under the mountains of Chamon too"

Beastgrave in Ghur

And... something in Shyish (WD 459 Grimscuttle Tribe):

"a black pit plunging into Shyish from which a terrible shrieks of hunger emanate"

Chamon and Mountains? Duardin!?

25 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That MUST be something dwarvish! Grugni, Golemkin, Khazalid Empire.... I want to believe!!

Mate it HAS to be!! Wether its related to BR Kragnos or not there has to be something coming!! Disspossessed come on!! I'm buzzing for you mate!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

38 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think something's going to happen with 'Gholemkind' eventually, they've been namedropped too much - even in the RPG - and unlike Grot Pirates or Vampirates we have no idea what they look or act like beyond being aligned to Grungi/Order. That said I don't think they're tied into Kraggy just because they seem to be known entities in the Mortal Realms.

If Wanderers are 'turned' back into Kurnothi it could be Dispossessed are similarly mixed in with Gholems, both being so tied with Grungi/Chamon.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

The Chamon mountains (in my mind at least) could be one of three things:

-New Duardin (big if true)

-Kragnos related - maybe it’s set in Chamon?

-The next season of Underworlds. We’ve spent two in Ghur and if they’re following the pattern, the next season will be a different realm.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

i guess we went from the Activation wars into the Pile-in Wars

I do find messing with Pile Ins (both as a buff or debuff) to be more interesting than messing with activations. It gives more opportunities for interesting game design, and gives more difference between short and longer range weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Chamon and Mountains? Duardin!?

Mate it HAS to be!! Wether its related to BR Kragnos or not there has to be something coming!! Disspossessed come on!! I'm buzzing for you mate!!

I think Kragnos is going to be chaos dwarves.

1. The shield he carries seems like trophies to me with all the symbols of the dwarf kingdoms. 

2. The story series in White Dwarf at the moment seems to be the White Dwarf travelling through the dwarf kingdoms and I'm guessing there will be a reveal at the end, maybe they need to come together to fight a reawakened god? 

3. Kragnos was defeated and buried under a mountain. Seems like a dwarven thing to do to me. 

4. Kragnos said his people are gone. Did the chaos dwarves flee after Kragnos was defeated and have been waiting for him to return? 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

The shield looks more like a gift than a trophy to me? or at least, the trophy would be an entire duardin shield. the rumor slice doesn't look worn enough, and the dwarf symbols aren't tacked on like trophies usually are

RumourEngine206 Feb2 Content3u

the vibe this gives me is more of a crafted one than a looted one.

similarly in the teaser reveal, we see the entire shield which again looks more constructed than battle-worn like a looted item. the aesthetic continues to be dwarven, like the bottom are interlocked smaller plates/shields to the larger piece. If something in a Chamon mountain is stirring, that could be the duardin link too; whoever Kragnos' people are could share mountains with dwarves . not saying this new faction will be duardian, but Kragnos' relationship to them seems more amiable than not. (or, was amiable at the beginning?)

image.png.f234aed74d7591c0379a0c1718acc3c1.png

edit: finally found a pic of a chaos dwarf shield that Forgeworld ran: it doesn't even look close to this shield shape/aesthetic. so unless GW proper changed it, I don't think Kragnos is related to Legion of Azgorh

File:Infernal Guard Ironsworn M01.jpg

Edited by CommissarRotke

Does anyone have a side by side of kragnos shield with a dwarf that has those runes? I dont see those runes on the 'modern' post-aos release dwarves that i've painted but perhaps i'm looking at them wrong?

Edited by Svalack

28 minutes ago, Svalack said:

Does anyone have a side by side of kragnos shield with a dwarf that has those runes? I dont see those runes on the 'modern' post-aos release dwarves that i've painted but perhaps i'm looking at them wrong?

AFAIK it's just similar style to Duardin shields, perhaps it's just something different altogether.

32 minutes ago, novakai said:

IDK if you look at his tail, it clearly  a horse's tail which implies he more of a  traditional Centaur creature.

a bull tail is more a long fiber muscle that extends before the hair sprouts out.

Aye, I was thinking Bull Centaur then later realised the tail is not the same at all.

Also, another pointer to it not being Kurnothi related, is that Kurnothi and general 'druid'/woodland like centaurs from other fantasy IP's such as Warcraft tend to be more Deer like, rather than a horse.

All I can confidently guess is that he's an Ogroid, but anything else, I'll drown myself in endless theories and rumours. :) 

i mean the biggest strike of him being related to Dwarf is the lack of beard, what kind of Duardin god has no beard unless it hidden behind his body in the picture

Edit: if he had this magnificent lock then we would be talking

See the source image

Edited by novakai

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

They look like Bonereaper Stalkers to me

The exposed bone to metal ration is definitely giving me bonereaper vibes, maybe this is finally the mid size infantry unit we always wanted as a battleline option? Or maybe it's just skeletons or a new graveguard sculpt. It would be kinda interesting if a gravelords sub faction or battalion took some obr stuff tho.