The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

13 factions left if we count factions that are narrative without rules.

Keeping the rule of 5 factions w rules and 1 faction mentioned and then awarded a battletome afterwards,

That would give us 12.

Given that i imagine the 13th faction will be the focus 'opponent' in 3.0 - likely Orruks,

It's definitely possible to get though those left in 2 books.

Thirteenth faction, you say...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

image.png.5e87395c1317e68f62f0b4129f860e0f.png

What’s your theories on the guys in the background? They look pretty elite but hard to tell if it’s Skellies, Vamps or Deadwalkers. 

Maybe these are those Zombie Ogors for mainline AOS? They have similar posing to Ironguts but with much larger weapons. 

Edited by KingBrodd

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.268718c3e534edf03d311d0794856a85.JPG

If there are only 4 books, I think we can say that it is impossible that all the factions would be involved in Broken Realms...

I could see the Be'lakor book covering every chaos faction, and the Kragnos book featuring every destruction faction. The question I have is where Gardus and the nighthaunt hero fit in. It would feel weird to have them as a side show in the Be'lakor book. They could be in the Kragnos book as we have no idea what it will be about. 

In the psychic awakening a couple of factions got relegated to White dwarf so that could happen again. 

There has been a strong assumption that the broken realms series will end with 3.0 but it would be pretty cool if it continued throughout the year. I would be down for broken realms 5 featuring a combined Duardin army with a handful of new kits against the skaven with a new clan. Also despite all the new kits I still kind of want a Broken Realms Tyrion book. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If there are only 4 books, I think we can say that it is impossible that all the factions would be involved in Broken Realms...

I do not speak of all Nighthaunt / Legion of Grief players but I would happily give away two pages of rules in Broken Realms to another faction if we finally get a new Battletome this year. Relying on White Dwarf battalions and meager rules from just another story expansion feels worse then the prospect for an imminent Battletome release. 

Edited by Bayul
a word
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Maybe these are those Zombie Ogora for mainline AOS? They have similar posing to Ironguts but with much larger weapons. 

Yeah my feeling is zombie ogres to tie in the Korsargi Nightguard. 

15 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

hopefully they're next to a terrain piece because this is what my eyes are seeing (blue are possible weapons, yes i know its bad)

image.png.9272f5bc4a465b1dab02451218b7092b.png

The weapons are really throwing me off. They look like excessively long scimitar’s or glaives. 

Edited by NotAWzrd

I can’t help but feel like those long poles that at first glance look like weapons are actually just terrain pieces in the background? Ribs protruding from the ground?

edit:

Excuse my terrible (nonexistent) Paint skills but here’s the axe on the first, for example:

123837DF-331B-4F5D-BBCB-2923AC71D9FC.jpeg

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 2

A single plastic hero release screams 'new battletome' to me, probably accompanied with one of those dual army sets.  Could be Nighthaunt vs Stormcast to cover both new heroes and bookend the Soul Wars i guess, but I feel like Gardus is more of a Black Library thing like the damonifuge figures last year?  

Either way I'd put good money on us seeing a new Nighthaunt tome sooner rather than later, I don't think that has to be tied to a Broken Realms boom at all.

• Like 1

Also.. I might not get bird feathers and cool Chaos armor and I lack the will (and drugs!) to look Khornate, but I'll get buried in a nice helmet like that knight.... just in case.... at least that look I'll one day be able to pull off! 😎

The description of the Kosargi Nightguard from the short story is interesting:

The clothes it wore were tattered and frayed, its armour foul with rusty neglect. The brute carried a huge iron club in one of its immense fists.

The Nightguard models we have seen so far don't wear much in terms of armour and are armed with pole axes, not iron clubs. Could this indicate that a different kit for them exists?

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

20 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I can’t help but feel like those long poles that at first glance look like weapons are actually just terrain pieces in the background? Ribs protruding from the ground?

edit:

Excuse my terrible (nonexistent) Paint skills but here’s the axe on the first, for example:

Yeah I thought they looked like bodies impaled on spears or something. Hard to tell though.

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Nightguard models we have seen so far don't wear much in terms of armour and are armed with pole axes, not iron clubs. Could this indicate that e different kit for them exists?

This reminds me that precisely there is a rumour engine that features a big iron club, if I recall correctly, And not exactly in great shape

Faeit 212: Rumour Engine Teaser- The Club

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Yeah my feeling is zombie ogres to tie in the Korsargi Nightguard. 

The weapons are really throwing me off. They look like excessively long scimitar’s or glaives. 

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Nightguard models we have seen so far don't wear much in terms of armour and are armed with pole axes, not iron clubs. Could this indicate that e different kit for them exists?

4 minutes ago, drcrater said:

This reminds me that precisely there is a rumour engine that features a big iron club, if I recall correctly, And not exactly in great shape

If Death gets a new Ogor kit before the Mawtribes...

Seriously I hope that they are a new kit if just to expand the zombie range beyond just humans, anything can be a Zombie besides a Stormcast.

Though I do hope that means new Ogor Mawtribes kits as well. It's the equivalent of Seraphon or Skaven players waiting years for new sculpts just to have their Faction be present in anothers as a Zombie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

image.png.5e87395c1317e68f62f0b4129f860e0f.png

What’s your theories on the guys in the background? They look pretty elite but hard to tell if it’s Skellies, Vamps or Deadwalkers. 

To me i see very clearly a scenary with branches or pikes stabing zombies and skeletons. I dont know where people  see new units there

1 minute ago, Doko said:

To me i see very clearly a scenary with branches or pikes stabing zombies and skeletons. I dont know where people  see new units there

I only see the dude on the horse clearly. 🤣 If we impaled stuff (outside of those zombies), I wanna see a Lumineth on one of those pikes! 💖

• Like 1

Couple of things,  first, I think that new Nighthaunt will be in an expansion to Cursed city. It'll probably have some chainrasps and glaivewraths to help get rid of some of those models. 

Second, what if those blurry fellas in the the back are Ogor Deathrattle skellies? That would be cool!!

We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I could see the Be'lakor book covering every chaos faction, and the Kragnos book featuring every destruction faction. The question I have is where Gardus and the nighthaunt hero fit in. It would feel weird to have them as a side show in the Be'lakor book. They could be in the Kragnos book as we have no idea what it will be about. 

In the psychic awakening a couple of factions got relegated to White dwarf so that could happen again. 

There has been a strong assumption that the broken realms series will end with 3.0 but it would be pretty cool if it continued throughout the year. I would be down for broken realms 5 featuring a combined Duardin army with a handful of new kits against the skaven with a new clan. Also despite all the new kits I still kind of want a Broken Realms Tyrion book. 

The list is even more skewed than it looks though, since some factions have been covered multiple times and probably will be again.

There's almost no way that Belakor's book doesn't include SC given his storyline and announcement trailer for example, and Belakor himself is STD, another army that was in BR Morathi.

I wouldn't go as far as saying there's for sure a 5th book, but as it is there is a lot of factions seemingly left on the table. Between Sylvaneth, Seraphon, and the Dwarf armies there's enough left-over order factions alone to fill another BR book, and none of them have been highlighted as likely inclusions in the two announced books we have so far.

24 minutes ago, drcrater said:

Nice spotting! This also fits with „looks destruction like but battered“

Edited by JackStreicher

New article on BR Teclis: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/26/how-to-survive-a-godly-smackdown-between-teclis-and-nagash/

Of some note is that Neferata is shown with the current Grave Guard minis. Could be significant RE: their presence in the new Soulblight tome but then we can see a few current skellies on the left, so it's probably just an older picture reused.

Perhaps more notable is some details on the new Sloppity Bilepiper rules.  I am not too mature to admit that 'My Love Is Like A Ripe, Ripe ******' got a smile out of me. EDIT: I cannot believe that f_a_r_t is blocked out by the filter, that's hilarious.

jI7Mw0zMIqUJmDbQ.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

We have something in Chamon:

"We’ve heard rumours that something is going on under the mountains of Chamon too"

Beastgrave in Ghur

And... something in Shyish (WD 459 Grimscuttle Tribe):

"a black pit plunging into Shyish from which a terrible shrieks of hunger emanate"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1