The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Oh my...!!. I can't take this anymore... If the Fimirs are going to return, I promise I would become the KingBrodd of the one-eyed lads.

That makes two of us! I have twenty something of the forge world Fimir and a few other, now discontinued monsters. I'd love to see the direction GW would take with Fimir. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I do not know if I am familiar with this piece, is it available to see online? I am very keen to see any more concept art or lore pieces that will hint at the possibility of the next starter set. I find the knowledge people purport about the unopened chambers rather contradictory at best. But part of me is considering forgoing the Aelven/Duardin animosity and shoot for a human faction to battle my forces of chaos and ogres. 

Pag 59 of stormcast eternals 2018 tome.

Stormcast in the botton,without helmets,with azyr icons and without gloves etc.

To me seems new and very close to my idea of devoted of sigmar\azyr would looks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

STOP QUOTING THE BUG POST I DON'T WANNA LOOK AT IT

Does it really count as a bug? I though a 'bug' was an insect. Whip scorpions are arachnids, though not true spiders. The arachnid covered in a recent GW community article was also an arachnid which the biologist doing the species description, named after Abaddon. , though not a true spider. In fact, it was of an even more primitive group, possibly not too dissimilar to the first terrestrial animals. The common name is 'harvester'.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/06/meet-the-australian-arachnid-named-after-the-warmaster-of-chaos/

Spiders Mar06 Zoom3sfe

More info on this group of ancient arachnids for the true nerds among us:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones

I will note though, that insects and arachnids are both arthropods. But so are crabs, shrimp and such like. Surely the term 'bug' being synonymous with 'arthropod' is too broad a net?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Does it really count as a bug? I though a 'bug' was an insect. Whip scorpions are arachnids, though not true spiders. The arachnid covered in a recent GW community article was also an arachnid which the biologist doing the species description, named after Abaddon. , though not a true spider. In fact, it was of an even more primitive group, possibly not too dissimilar to the first terrestrial animals. The common name is 'harvester'.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/06/meet-the-australian-arachnid-named-after-the-warmaster-of-chaos/

Spiders Mar06 Zoom3sfe

More info on this group of ancient arachnids for the true nerds among us:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones

I will note though, that insects and arachnids are both arthropods. But so are crabs, shrimp and such like. Surely the term 'bug' being synonymous with 'arthropod' is too broad a net?

I think spiders can also mean bug. Etymologically they just need to be a monster.

16 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

This is where I'm at too. My HOPE is that Gravelords gets elite Vampire foot infantry. Basically non mounted Blood Knights. Maybe min unit sizes of 3-5 with max unit size of 6-10.

There is a 3-man vampire foot infantry squad in Cursed City, so we might get something similiar in a regular kit. Foot infantry are also likely to have multi-kit, so there would be a chance for a bestial and a armoured variant.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

There is a 3-man vampire foot infantry squad in Cursed City, so we might get something similiar in a regular kit. Foot infantry are also likely to have multi-kit, so there would be a chance for a bestial and a armoured variant.

Stop getting my hopes up! 😛

23 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Never! :D

A more interesting question is what will happen to the Zombie Ogors. Unit size 2 makes them less likely to cross over in a regular kit.

I personally hope they become an aos unit, it would be a cool elite option for a deadwalker army (which is exactly what I wanna make with Soulblight Gravelords so no bias here or whatsoever)

10 minutes ago, drcrater said:

I personally hope they become an aos unit, it would be a cool elite option for a deadwalker army (which is exactly what I wanna make with Soulblight Gravelords so no bias here or whatsoever)

it would make sense as it then gives them a hard hitting heavy option.

May not be quick but I can imagine trying to shift them off an objective won't be fun - unless you're the swiss army knife army of course.

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

it would make sense as it then gives them a hard hitting heavy option.

May not be quick but I can imagine trying to shift them off an objective won't be fun - unless you're the swiss army knife army of course.

If I had my druthers, they would become elite bodyguard unit, like the 40K cryptothralls. Something to stand between your vampire lord and the untrained rabble your opponents dare to throw at it. My vampire lord should not have to sully her hands on a bunch of dirty rank and file peasants! And if they dare attack her, those ogre zombies are there to absorb some of the incoming damage. 

That's about the best use I can see for a 2 man unit. Everything else in cursed city seems to be singular heroes/monsters, 3 man squads or 10 man squads. Im surprised that the cursed city skeletons are a different sculpt than the Soulblight skeletons we've seen. They look very similar, but its a nice option to get more variety in your horde type units. I do hope that if they are packaged in blisters outside of cursed city, that the bat and rat swarms come packaged in the same box. 

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.268718c3e534edf03d311d0794856a85.JPG

If there are only 4 books, I think we can say that it is impossible that all the factions would be involved in Broken Realms...

13 factions left if we count factions that are narrative without rules.

Keeping the rule of 5 factions w rules and 1 faction mentioned and then awarded a battletome afterwards,

That would give us 12.

Given that i imagine the 13th faction will be the focus 'opponent' in 3.0 - likely Orruks,

It's definitely possible to get though those left in 2 books.

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If there are only 4 books, I think we can say that it is impossible that all the factions would be involved in Broken Realms...

Only if the math stays the same. There could be books where an extra battalion or subfaction is described for one or the other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Never! :D

A more interesting question is what will happen to the Zombie Ogors. Unit size 2 makes them less likely to cross over in a regular kit.

If this is a look to come at Ogors I love it.

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

THEY WILL ALL HE CRUSHED UNDER OUR MIGHTY HEELS YOUR SWOLENESS!!!

YEEEEES.

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.268718c3e534edf03d311d0794856a85.JPG

I wouldnt be suprised to just not have any Destruction in BR in a lead up to 3.0.

Unless the final book is literally just Destruction against COS.

• Like 1