The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Svalack said:

I'm struggling to visualize this as miniatures, the original stormcast chamber already has sword/hammer with shield troops, 2handed knights. Bow archers. Mounted knights, priests, heroes, a big dragon etc.

Agreed, all the elements are all there, right down to the tabards, so it's difficult to see what exactly they could do without it just being even more overlapping SC units.

A lot of the themes of Bretonnia are pretty fundamentally incompatible with SC anyway. The superficial element of grail knights being divinely empowered warriors matches but the black comedy/cruelties of feudalism, differentiated personal heraldry, a divided nobility, cultural conservatism, fey magic, an extreme obsession with personal glory and prickly honour, these either don't work or only work in a much lessened capacity. I don't think there's a version of SC they could do that would give old school Bretonnia fans what they want.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 8

Just now, sandlemad said:

A lot of the themes of Bretonnia are pretty fundamentally incompatible with SC anyway. The superficial element of grail knights being divinely empowered warriors matches but the black comedy/cruelties of feudalism, differentiated personal heraldry, a divided nobility, hyperconservatism, fey magic, an extreme obsession with personal glory and prickly honour, these either don't work or only work in a much lessened capacity. I don't think there's a version of SC they could do that would give old school Bretonnia fans what they want.

and we'd like it to stay that way tbh, Stormcast are tragic heroes enough on their own due to the Reforging Flaw. Turning them into superhuman feudal lords who don't care about mortals feels extremely flat and forced in comparison, and also literally turns them into space marines

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I fully agree with this my group had an ultra competitive high elf player and Jesus it was hard work. Hardly ever enjoyed playing against a block of 40 white lions with the banner of world dragon BSB and a lv4 wizard attached. It was almost win at the list building stage. LRL seem to have taken high elf cheese and turned it up to 11. 

Yup that white lion banner and alarielle combo was literally a pack up and go home.

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

and we'd like it to stay that way tbh, Stormcast are tragic heroes enough on their own due to the Reforging Flaw. Turning them into superhuman feudal lords who don't care about mortals feels extremely flat and forced in comparison, and also literally turns them into space marines

It would also deny us the slightly sadistic but still extremely funny pleasure of pointing to Flesh Eater Courts for the millionth time and saying "what do you mean Bretonnia's gone? There's a bunch of noble knights right there!"

• Haha 9

14 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Can't stop thinking about Kragnos. I love that we have no idea what faction is tied to or even what he really is. 

Me too.  Very Lynchian.  "here is something cool that no one understands but they love it"

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just to make it VERY CLEAR for some of you. This is the RUMOUR thread. Any more moaning in this topic about Lumineth Realm-Lords will result in mod action. This can range from points being issued to a cool off period (a temp ban) for you if you moan about them. 

What if it was Slaanesh moaning?  Goes the temp(erature) ban cause the cooling?    ha! what dad puns!  But seriously I agree with you.  This rumour thread is rarely talking about rumours.  I usually avoid it because it's mostly just chattering

2 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

In the Beasts of Chaos Battletome there was the mention of a Progenitor to all Beastmen. Could it be that Kragnos is that Progenitor?
Far fetched I know, however "my people are gone" could mean that the Beastmen are Worshipping the Chaos Gods and not Kragnos the Godbeast.
anyway, just my two cents

I would be surprised.  Only cause GW likes the mechanic of "here is a thread.  here is a vague slightly disconnected drop regarding something that builds mystery on a black box that is really empty regarding the origin story".  I don't expect the Primogenitor to ever be revealed.  It would nullify the 2 other notions.

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

I would like to point out that Bretonnia in AoS is one of the oldest rumors out there, I don't believe a word of it without tangible proof.

Well in a sense we saw TKs which are OBR.  The external source looked like it came from some people posting tweets of bret models and Rob making a slightly mysterious comment.  What you quoted,.. I mean we saw the cities.,.. but no Wardancers, (could be coming as Kurnothi).  If someone was leaking stuff from 2016 that was 5 years ago and we know pre-covid it was a 18 month cycle.  To counter my point, we know GW has a very deep MCU-style plan now.  Look at how Shadespire ties into AoS.  If Stormcast got some mmmm medium horse-based cavalry it wouldn't surprise me.  Tie in human farmers to breeding horses.  The problem is you cannot copyright horses so Bretonnians returning would really surprise me.

49 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

What you quoted,.. I mean we saw the cities.,.. but no Wardancers, (could be coming as Kurnothi).  

I mean these are ostensibly modernized Wardancers...
0q6x102wyud31.jpg

I know it might be silly but I am really excited to see someone paint up the new Quest model in a matching scheme and place them alongside these models and get a sense of what a Kurnothi Wanderers faction would look like 🤭

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mutton said:

There have been some errant leaks of Lumineth rules.

...I don't know whether or not to believe them though...some of them are...simply insane rules. Can anyone verify their veracity?

I'm pretty sure that we will see some reviews this saturday.

I would suggest to play some games before making an strong opinion of Lumineth. We all know that rules on paper can be a bit diferent than rules on an actual game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mutton said:

There have been some errant leaks of Lumineth rules.

...I don't know whether or not to believe them though...some of them are...simply insane rules. Can anyone verify their veracity?

Did see them all and while they look strong, also somewhat interesting, I actually do not think it will make the army "worse" regarding stuff that has been discussed here lately. 

The positive spin here is the new wind/air temple stuff encourages a bit more movement and perhaps favors the teclis castle a bit less. The fox spirit very much seems like a Celestant prime level character, utilizing it proper is key and it will be easy to throw away. So all in all I think armies using more of the new stuff will be more interesting than walls of wardens and sentinels, however I think that will probably still be what we see in the competitive meta, but at least it gives options for anyone wanting to play lumineth.

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm pretty sure that we will see some reviews this saturday.

I would suggest to play some games before making an strong opinion of Lumineth. We all know that rules on paper can be a bit diferent than rules on an actual game.

Of course. I just have some elf-aligned associates who would be interested in whether or not they're legitimate leaks or total bollocks. Some of them simply seem unbelievable. 

Seems that unlike the morathi book there isn't really any new rules in this for the other factions? The battalions have been posted online(assuming its real), then its just 1 per faction.  So basically you get 1/3 of a page of new rules? 

Edit seems nurgle got a few warscrolls atleast.

Edited by Svalack

49 minutes ago, Doko said:

I see more posible a devoted of azyr new chamber(the stormcast pic that we have in the tome that are flagellants stormcasts) before than the brotonian theme

I do not know if I am familiar with this piece, is it available to see online? I am very keen to see any more concept art or lore pieces that will hint at the possibility of the next starter set. I find the knowledge people purport about the unopened chambers rather contradictory at best. But part of me is considering forgoing the Aelven/Duardin animosity and shoot for a human faction to battle my forces of chaos and ogres. 

1 hour ago, Doko said:

I see more posible a devoted of azyr new chamber(the stormcast pic that we have in the tome that are flagellants stormcasts) before than the brotonian theme

My guess as well: Ruination Chamber forms up because of the Broken Realms incidents, including Azyrite cultists, reforged lightning gheists, and maybe a new siege/siege defense weapon

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Broken realms teclis

new warscrolls and points for

beasts of nurgle

spoilpox scrivener 

sloppily bile piper 

Ooooooooooo I'm hyped. I'm excited to see what new rules Nurgle gets. I love the idea of running a list with the heralds, but they're sadly lackluster. 

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

What do people make of the lack of any Warcry previews lately? Surely all the symbols we saw on the Catacombs map represent new warbands on the way no?

I imagine it'll be post Beastgrave that Warcry gets a focus back. 

That Skaven symbol gives me hope that we'll end up with plastic Eshin through Warcry, at the very least.

jvo1y7t2igu51.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I imagine it'll be post Beastgrave that Warcry gets a focus back. 

That Skaven symbol gives me hope that we'll end up with plastic Eshin through Warcry, at the very least.

jvo1y7t2igu51.jpg

Based on the (albeit Covid delayed) release of Catacombs, it seemed like GW was setting up Warcry to run on annual seasons similar to Underworlds. Since we haven't seen any of the 8 warbands on the map yet I guess that is definitely not the plan now (if it ever was).