The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Not so much a rumor as it is a trend I see. So with aethergold for KO, aetherquartz for LRL & Urgold for Fyreslayers I wonder if we will see something somewhat similar for Gravelords? I would love to see a "Blood Reserve" that Soulblight key word units use similar to KO or LRL. Maybe it throws them into a frenzy to re-roll hits, re-roll spell rolls, re-roll charges, etc. Each Soulblight key word unit gets 1 (maybe 2 depending on blood line / sub allegiance) per game. So it wouldn't be useable for zombies or skeletons just the vamps.

Surely would work better thematically as a currency you earn from murdering enemy units, rather than start with as a resource you spend.

You kill something, you drink its blood, you get more powerful... seems about right for a vampire to me.

FWIW I had an idea a few weeks ago where the vampires would be able to kill their own units to trigger an effect like this.

• Like 2

I have to admit, with my primary (and favorite) army being Orruk Warclans, my secondary army being a LoN Soulblight/Nighhaunt mix, and my final army being slaves to darkness, 2021 is shaping up to be a great year, except for my poor wallet.  I love me some vampires, and cant wait to see what my centerpiece coven throne and vamp lord of zombie D get in the new battletome. Belakor is purely magnificent, and if Brodd's right about AOS 3 being Destruction, its going to be like Christmas all year. 

Regarding that 3.0 rumour, Stormcast already have Knight-Questors, so it’s not a massive leap for them to build out a chamber around that idea. Also recently there have been a lot of old school cavalry units being brought out. New Chaos Knights, Kavalos Deathriders, Vanari Dawnriders and now Blood Knights. Stormcast could definitely get something similar, that differentiates enough from Dracoths, Dracolines and Gryph-Chargers. 

I never liked the Bretonia aesthetic personally but I think a lot of the themes and personality they had could be the basis for a cool Stormcast chamber. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Talas said:

He starts talking about it at the 20 minute mark: https://www.twitch.tv/thehonestwargamer/video/962457604

Huge pinch of salt required here IMO considering he then goes on to say he thinks AoS 3.0 is going to be Citadel making AoS as close to Warhammer Fantasy mechanically and narratively as possible as a ****** you to Forge World for the success of The Old World, a game that hasn't even come out yet. I'm not familiar with this guy generally or how reliable he is but he sure seems to be talking some hot nonsense on this stream. 

I could see a new chamber/reimagined Warrior Chamber of more knightly-styled Stormcast. To be honest you could argue Sacrosanct were a bit that with the tabards and stuff, and it just seems like a natural theme to explore with a faction that's made up of essentially armoured knights. But explicitly Bretonnian-themed? No way. People always seem to see this stuff through an Old World lense, regardless of how it's actually intended - see all the people who were convinced Bonereapers were going to be Tomb Kings just because they're an army of bone constructs. 

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Huge pinch of salt required here IMO considering he then goes on to say he thinks AoS 3.0 is going to be Citadel making AoS as close to Warhammer Fantasy mechanically and narratively as possible as a ****** you to Forge World for the success of The Old World, a game that hasn't even come out yet. I'm not familiar with this guy generally or how reliable he is but he sure seems to be talking some hot nonsense on this stream. 

Aren't Games workshop and Forgeworld different halves of the overall same company? Or is Forgeworld truly its own seperate entity?

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

I mean, who knows how much value this rumor has, but the reasoning goes like this:

- citadel knows that the old world is coming and that it threatens to steal some of their player base / money their players would spend on AoS

- if you work at citadel, you get bonuses / promotions / etc on the basis of your financial results (AoS) NOT on the results of FW (who makes The Old World)

- knowing this, your rational strategy will be to cover the ground to prevent the loss of revenue

10 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I mean, who knows how much value this rumor has, but the reasoning goes like this:

- citadel knows that the old world is coming and that it threatens to steal some of their player base / money their players would spend on AoS

- if you work at citadel, you get bonuses / promotions / etc on the basis of your financial results (AoS) NOT on the results of FW (who makes The Old World)

- knowing this, your rational strategy will be to cover the ground to prevent the loss of revenue

I get what he's saying but it sounds like some very spurious 4D chess to me. Apart from anything else it's based on the idea of The Old World being some huge success - maybe it will be, but we're currently so far out from that that we don't even know what kind of game it is yet, let alone how popular it might be. Would Citadel really make huge decisions about both the Age of Sigmar model range and the rules based on their fear of a game that's still years away? And what kind of larger strategy does that end up being, if GW as a whole ends up having two separate games in separate universes that overlap more and more year by year? 

I think Occam's Razor here suggests that the more likely explanation for AoS having more Warhammer Fantasy influences lately is just that a) the designers probably have a fondness for it like the fans do,  b) have now been operating for a few years under a management that is rather less hostile to Warhammer Fantasy, and c) may be reacting somewhat to the very vocal parts of the community who are still very pro-Fantasy and anti-AoS, hoping to please everyone. To go from that to 'AoS 3.0 is going to be Bretonnians vs classic Orcs & Goblins with rules as close to Warhammer Fantasy as possible' seems like an enormous leap to me.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

A good 90% of rumors is this, if the number is that low. 

Yeah but in this case it's assuming a concerted effort on the part of GW design studio staff to steer AoS in a particular direction in terms of rules/aesthetics/background specifically because of perceived internal competition by another part of GW, whose product (a completely different kind of game) is very obviously aimed at a different sort of crowd and is clearly receiving a different level of investment from GW.

Moreover this direction would be moving away from the successes of AoS 2.0 in favour of... some pretty vague and nebulous traits. Horses. 'Old school' aesthetics. Refreshing older armies (as though that wasn't already happening). Specifically so a handful of people can get their bonuses and ****** over what he thinks is their 'rival'. Anyone who knows anything about FW knows that they're something of a muddled body, maybe even a spent force, so it's not like they're a grand threat.

GW's a starlingly sloppily run company, you can find a dozen examples of that, but this isn't how decisions get made, especially when they're onto something like a winner. It's braindead, there's so much woolliness and so many jumps in reasoning. I like some of Symes's stuff but this is conspiracy thinking.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

there had better be a Johan model with a chest on his back and carrying a pair of coconut halves accompanying every ka-niggit that's all I can say.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to visualize this as miniatures, the original stormcast chamber already has sword/hammer with shield troops, 2handed knights. Bow archers. Mounted knights, priests, heroes, a big dragon etc.

All i could think is there would be lesser versions? Like peasants but then those aren't real stormcast they would be cities of sigmar surely. More mounted ones? they have so many with different options already

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 1

In the Beasts of Chaos Battletome there was the mention of a Progenitor to all Beastmen. Could it be that Kragnos is that Progenitor?
Far fetched I know, however "my people are gone" could mean that the Beastmen are Worshipping the Chaos Gods and not Kragnos the Godbeast.
anyway, just my two cents

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, robinlvalentine said:

Bretonian Stormcast are rumor from some external source. The rest is just his hot take, not 100% serious. Two different things

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

In the Beasts of Chaos Battletome there was the mention of a Progenitor to all Beastmen. Could it be that Kragnos is that Progenitor?
Far fetched I know, however "my people are gone" could mean that the Beastmen are Worshipping the Chaos Gods and not Kragnos the Godbeast.

I like this a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I have to admit, with my primary (and favorite) army being Orruk Warclans, my secondary army being a LoN Soulblight/Nighhaunt mix, and my final army being slaves to darkness, 2021 is shaping up to be a great year, except for my poor wallet.  I love me some vampires, and cant wait to see what my centerpiece coven throne and vamp lord of zombie D get in the new battletome. Belakor is purely magnificent, and if Brodd's right about AOS 3 being Destruction, its going to be like Christmas all year. 

Mate I sure hope so!! I love all Destruction and Orruks are in dire need of love.

19 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I. LOVE. THIS.

• LOVE IT! 2

When I hear bretonnian stormcast I’d imagine it more like the grail relique and peasants fighting under the golden boys. A mix of the crazy devotion to sigmar and the devotion to grail knights. Having stormcasts as the elite knights, followed by a rabble of regular humans, praising them every step of the way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elfhead said:

When I hear bretonnian stormcast I’d imagine it more like the grail relique and peasants fighting under the golden boys. A mix of the crazy devotion to sigmar and the devotion to grail knights. Having stormcasts as the elite knights, followed by a rabble of regular humans, praising them every step of the way. 

Covenant Chamber maybe?

On 4/20/2016 at 9:43 AM, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Rumour: Bretonnian, Tomb Kings and more factions

Type: New sculpt models

Date expected: Unknown

Contents: New factions for Age of Sigmar. Possibly Free People, tomb kings and Wanderers factions. Wardancers specifically mentioned. 

Source: TheInsider via Faeit 212

Estimated cost: Unknown

I would like to point out that Bretonnia in AoS is one of the oldest rumors out there, I don't believe a word of it without tangible proof.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1