The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

By the two heads of Gorkamorka, let the Orruks get some new stuff!

I'm already planning on getting a bunch of the new Beast Snagga Orks from 40K and converting them heavily for AoS. SO far we've seen Orks riding "squig-pigs" which would make for fine gore gruntas. The preview also showed an ork hero on a giant squig, and a new warlord coverd in bone armor. THe Beastsnaggas seem like they would look amazing as part of a mixed ironjawz/Bonesplitters Orruk Warclan force, with their design aesthetic bridging between the savage bonesplitters and more heavily armored Ironjawz. 

Now, I keep praying for a Broken realms Gorka-Morka book with a bunch of destruction army updates, and if that instead becomes a full on 3rd edition release I'll be a happy player. Here's hoping.  With the huge mixed destruction force that Gordraak has ammassed inthe lore, it would be a perfect time to bring back a New Codex with some sort of mixed destruction option. I'd love to get the band back together and bring back grots into by Orruk armies. Especially the wolf riders, some type of archery unit, and the siege weaponry. 

I'm guessing Kragnos may be the last of the BR leading into 3.0 and Destructions reign. 2.0 was and is still very Death heavy with Nighthaunt, Ossiarchs, Soulblight and Cursed City.

3.0 could and frankly SHOULD be Destructions time.

A massive Orruk Warclans release rivaling Necrons and Lumineth Wave 2.

Troggherd and Squig expansion alongside new Grot Stabbas and Shootas models with Spiderfang getting relaunched.

A Gloomspite level launch for Ogor Mawtribes including all new plastic kits and updated Gluttons, Yehtees, Gorgers and Frost Sabres.

Last but certainly not least a new Mancrusher kit and Mega Gargant. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

50 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The preview also showed an ork hero on a giant squig,

If you look at it a second time, it looks like a large squig (with rider) pulling a large platform behid it with guns etc. Some sort of squig battlewagon perhaps. i do hope for a boss on giang squig but if it is to come, it’s not on the cave wall paintings.

25 minutes ago, Silphid said:

If you look at it a second time, it looks like a large squig (with rider) pulling a large platform behid it with guns etc. Some sort of squig battlewagon perhaps. i do hope for a boss on giang squig but if it is to come, it’s not on the cave wall paintings.

What I want is plastic take on either Squiggoth from fw. Or an inbetween of both so we can keep all 3 kits in production 😍

29 minutes ago, Silphid said:

I took it for a single rider on a squig, and a separate unit behind it which was the squig battlewagon thingy.  Either way, some good conversion possibilities. Especially if the Beast snaggas are sculpted to have the heavier body type like ironjaws brutes. 

Edited by Gothmaug

Dear Santa,

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A massive Orruk Warclans release rivaling Necrons and Lumineth Wave 2.

Troggherd and Squig expansion alongside new Grot Stabbas and Shootas models with Spiderfang getting relaunched.

A Gloomspite level launch for Ogor Mawtribes including all new plastic kits and updated Gluttons, Yehtees, Gorgers and Frost Sabres.

Last but certainly not least a new Mancrusher kit and Mega Gargant. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm guessing Kragnos may be the last of the BR leading into 3.0 and Destructions reign. 2.0 was and is still very Death heavy with Nighthaunt, Ossiarchs, Soulblight and Cursed City.

IS there any concrete evidence of a 3.0 coming? I hope there is, but I haven't seen anything substantiated yet.  I could just be a pile of Broken realms books as band aids all year. 

I do think we need a new edition. Bringing in something similar to the  the newer 40 K terrain rules and crusade rules would be nice. Some general army balancing would be nice, shooty armies are getting a bit too powerful, and the older Orruk/stormcast units just don't have the punch that the newer codex infantry have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

IS there any concrete evidence of a 3.0 coming? I hope there is, but I haven't seen anything substantiated yet.  I could just be a pile of Broken realms books as band aids all year. 

It's mostly just that it's been about three years and the timing seems about right. Plus, every faction has a battletome and GW gotta sell books.

59 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

What is the leak that said Cursed City is start of April? I haven't seen anything about that other than one or two posts here with people claiming the "heard" that.

Spanish youtube channel, mostly for 40k.

There's a guy that claimed that cursed city will be on preorder 3rd April and Belakor 16th. And that was said two or three weeks ago.

44 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I do think we need a new edition. Bringing in something similar to the  the newer 40 K terrain rules and crusade rules would be nice. Some general army balancing would be nice, shooty armies are getting a bit too powerful, and the older Orruk/stormcast units just don't have the punch that the newer codex infantry have. 

I think we can make plenty of reasonable assumptions without "concrete" evidence.

- The most recent new editions for 40k and AoS were both at roughly the 3 year anniversary (a milestone we hit for AoS 2.0 this year).

- GW tends to launch story arcs that lead into new editions (Malign Portents and Psychic Awakening). Broken Realms is very much following the patterns GW has established here (short stories and narrative books with some model release tie ins).

- The pace of Broken Realms releases is accelerating, just like Psychic Awakening did in the rush to get 9th out.

- All AoS armies have essentially received a 2.0 book.

7 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

All AoS armies have essentially received a 2.0 book.

And some more than one 😂😂😂

Jokes aside the cursed city rumour makes sense because they already started painting guides and literally shown us everything, only missing things is to show an example of a boss behaviour and we have it all. Usually they keep something at least for the pre-order week to keep the hype high.

The AoS 3.0 rumour didn’t convince me earlier but now that the BR books seems rushed even at the cost of 40k content (lets be honest Q1/Q2 so far is heavily AoS oriented) seems to corroborate the rumours of a summer release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

On the topic of Kragnos, does anyone think this Rumor Engine could belong to him?

ExKzvcWXAAQThHD.jpeg

kragnos.jpg

It's possible, but from the size of the details compared to the details on the rumour engine shield, I'd say it's unlikely. Perhaps some of his followers of some kind?
🤔 Had anyone suggested this chap could be a god of the Darkoath?