The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The article emphasizes their role as guards so I assume they will be somewhat more defensive than your average Aelf maybe an extra wound or a better save. Hopefully if they do have a good defensive stat it is not in a way that makes Stoneguard feel redundant.  Maybe 1 wound and a 3+ save to make the two wounds of the Stoneguard fill a different niche of 'toughness' or maybe they have an agility based 6+ FNP save? 

If they are bodyguards the ability to pass wounds off of heroes on a 2+ or something would make sense. It would probably be very costly to pass wounds to a unit that comes in increments of 5, is probably fairly costly and likely has one wound per model, though.

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

For context,swordmasters are mage,have -1 to hit and ignore spells at 4+ ohhh and a "little detaill" of does mortals with 5+.

So yes decimator are worse in every aspect than swordmasters and cost 170 where seeing the lumineths cost this unit likely gonna be 100\120

You think we are going to see decimators dominating meta game if they were mages, ignoring spells and being -1 to hit? Te answer is no, and decimators have 3 wounds with 4+ save that can dr.

Edited by Ragest

After watching last weekends preview video, I think one of the rumor pictures can be linked to the new Beast Snaggas Ork clan for 40K. Back a few months ago there was a Tuesday rumor engine reveal that looked a heck of a lot like a squig skull. Given the predominance of Squigs and bone armor in the beast Snagga Preview, I bet its for a new 40K ork unit. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Doko said:

For context,swordmasters are mage,have -1 to hit and ignore spells at 4+ ohhh and a "little detaill" of does mortals with 5+.

So yes decimator are worse in every aspect than swordmasters and cost 170 where seeing the lumineths cost this unit likely gonna be 100\120

Neither magic,  -1 to hit nor mortals on 5+ are confirmed right now so you are just making things up at this point in order to feed your narrative.

Edited by LordAlpharius
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

Oh fantastic, you've already seen the warscrolls and point costs in the new book? Can you please direct the rest of the thread to where you're getting this information, so we can all be as educated as you are?

The constant whinging and toxicity over every Lumineth reveal in this thread is getting incredibly tiresome, especially from people who have no idea what they're talking about. I'll just leave it at that - please, go ahead and resume the hatejerking. It's a great way to spend your hobby time and excellent for fostering a good atmosphere in the community.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

You think we are going to see decimators dominating meta game if they were mages, ignoring spells and being -1 to hit? Te answer is no, and decimators have 3 wounds with 4+ save that can dr.

Sure decimator at 100\120 would be great even without all this that you have said. 

Of course put new swordmasters at 180 and they gonna be close to balanced but very posible gonna be 100\120 as every other melle unit in lumineths

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

To put the power of these guys into perspective, Perfect Strike is a worse attack profile than Freeguild Greatswords get (although with 1" more range), and those are not exactly gamebreaking.

Flurry of Blows is better than Perfect Strike against low-armour targets if you get more two attacks. Better against 4+ saves at 3+ attacks. If this attack mode gets mortals on 6s to hit, it's just going to be better pretty much anytime you are not fighting a single model.

is it only because greatswords get 2 attacks? because going from this statline, perfect strike seems at least on par with greastswords bc of extra rend and the autohit/2+ wound

image.png.9c164f38199a06fd373f96ee8cce7a08.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Guys can we please make a separate thread for moaning/arguing about Lumineth rules? It's taking over this thread to a ridiculous degree. We can't have 3 pages of bickering every time Warhammer Community post one rule from one unit. 

we can talk about how warcom doesn't post articles until I've left the site and start reading TGA's rumor thread 😒every dang day

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

Elf horses allready do 3 atacks, with rend, not those 0 rend ones,and the horse hoves, same 5 models, so yeah they are waay worse than horses and i havent seen any horse out there, even elf haters dont mention them.

No no you can't show fair comparisons, it defeats the purpose of the thread.

Seriously though, that's a good callout. Dawnriders are five models (Wizards, Power of Hysh) for 130 with extremely good movement,  a 4+ save and 3-5 attacks per model depending on target and they are at best a niche unit that can be used to make a play for objectives.

Likewise, it's worth remembering that even if Blademasters do get MWs/Power of Hysh on sweeping blows, five of them have to get up to 4 attacks each just to match the MW output of 10 Wardens, and Wardens while solid are not exactly breaking the game over their knee, either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

five of them have to get up to 4 attacks each just to match the MW output of 10 Wardens

Can change depending on base they will have, but right now vs 32mm it's 5 atk, and vs 25mm it's 7*. Unless they engage from flank f.ex. or vs small unit obviously.

*based on arcane art of measuring stuff😛

Edited by Boar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, silverstu said:

Sounds good and pretty likely- announced this Sunday then

Definitely looks that way, they did the same with 40k last year even though some folks expected it to be delayed due to Corona. 

I would be very interested to see an AoS version of Indomitus- love to see what they will do to expand and rework the destruction factions and what might follow- war machines/ a small giant/big troggoth as part fo the set.. 

Stormcast- I'd prefer a CoS force with Stormcast but they could rework the earlier kits of Stormcast as I think their design approach to Stormcast has gotten much more interesting as AoS has gone on. But Freeguild, Knights of Sigmar etc would be excellent and could add in non human elements of cities too like a dwarf weapon team or aelf rangers..

If they put a unique sculpt for a Mancrusher or Mega Gargant into this box so help me!!

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I still think that the new starter will have more updated sculpts than new models on the Stormcast side. It's a great opportunity to update the warrior chamber (Liberators, Judicators) to include woman Stormies. Sprinkle this with a few new tools and I think this is what we'll see. 

Part of me hopes that the destro side is NOT Orruks as  the track record of starter armies is not so great in AoS and more of a mixed destro faction. This would also be a great opportunity to update some sculpts. 

I think either a full on Orruk force or a mixed Destruction faction would ne great. 1 new unit of Ironjawz and a new Mounted Orruk Hero, 1 unit of updated Ogor Gluttons a unit of Grot Stabbaz and a new sculpt of a Mancrusher. 

2 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Could the theory of a new Orruk release as part of AoS 3.0 be in jeopardy considering 40k are about to get a pretty substantial Ork update? I feel like new destruction might be something different. Ogres/Ogroids or a new race entirely perhaps. 

An outside chance could be that the Beast Snagga’s come with dual options for 40k and AoS maybe... 

If not Orruk Warclans in the Starter I would take an updated Ogor Mawtribes force. I love the Glutton models but the posing could be so much more dynamic, it's still rank and file from WHFB and looking at the new Tyrant and Brutogg it shows what could be done. They're not the oldest kit but it's still 16 years old. 

2 hours ago, silverstu said:

Could be the opposite- they could have a "Green Summer" or "Summer of Orks". I think the greenskins are in need of an update- the way they did with Necrons n 40k. They've only had the IronJaw and Gits releases which is really small. The Bonesplittas are from WFB - they could do with more variety of poses for starters, they could bring back Wolf Riders and other clans and expand the Destruction faction of the back of that. Orcs are iconic and their model range for AoS is much reduced, they need updating and added to. [I'm not a greenskin player/collector btw]. I could definitely see them doing new types of Ogres  due to the narrative of Cursed City but I reckon the Green lads will be front and centre for the launch. 

Orruks and Orks deserve so much better. They are a fantasy icon and deserve to be treated as such. I'd be all for the WAAAGH!! Summer of 21. 

Give them at least 2 new Ironjawz units, update the Bonesplitterz range to be more in line with the Underworlds Warband, a new Behemoth, mounted Heroes they deserve it all.

I agree on new types of Ogors as well, I hope they lean heavily into the Mongol/Nomadic theme and update the Gluttons and Maneaters as such.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If they put a unique sculpt for a Mancrusher or Mega Gargant into this box so help me!!

I think either a full on Orruk force or a mixed Destruction faction would ne great. 1 new unit of Ironjawz and a new Mounted Orruk Hero, 1 unit of updated Ogor Gluttons a unit of Grot Stabbaz and a new sculpt of a Mancrusher. 

If not Orruk Warclans in the Starter I would take an updated Ogor Mawtribes force. I love the Glutton models but the posing could be so much more dynamic, it's still rank and file from WHFB and looking at the new Tyrant and Brutogg it shows what could be done. They're not the oldest kit but it's still 16 years old. 

Orruks and Orks deserve so much better. They are a fantasy icon and deserve to be treated as such. I'd be all for the WAAAGH!! Summer of 21. 

Give them at least 2 new Ironjawz units, update the Bonesplitterz range to be more in line with the Underworlds Warband, a new Behemoth, mounted Heroes they deserve it all.

I agree on new types of Ogors as well, I hope they lean heavily into the Mongol/Nomadic theme and update the Gluttons and Maneaters as such.

By the two heads of Gorkamorka, let the Orruks get some new stuff!

I'm already planning on getting a bunch of the new Beast Snagga Orks from 40K and converting them heavily for AoS. SO far we've seen Orks riding "squig-pigs" which would make for fine gore gruntas. The preview also showed an ork hero on a giant squig, and a new warlord coverd in bone armor. THe Beastsnaggas seem like they would look amazing as part of a mixed ironjawz/Bonesplitters Orruk Warclan force, with their design aesthetic bridging between the savage bonesplitters and more heavily armored Ironjawz. 

Now, I keep praying for a Broken realms Gorka-Morka book with a bunch of destruction army updates, and if that instead becomes a full on 3rd edition release I'll be a happy player. Here's hoping.  With the huge mixed destruction force that Gordraak has ammassed inthe lore, it would be a perfect time to bring back a New Codex with some sort of mixed destruction option. I'd love to get the band back together and bring back grots into by Orruk armies. Especially the wolf riders, some type of archery unit, and the siege weaponry. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Ah yes, the classic math hammer debate on rules we haven't fully seen yet.

The best one😉

But yes, we just need few days more for more data, we can then apply our data mining whining skills.

It's gonna be a nightmare to count how many attacks a unit gets on that alternate profile. Seems like a rule they came up with more because it sounds cool than because it's practical or good game design. Good to see they are keeping up the tradition of LRL being able to ignore all the normal rules of the game though with the auto-hitting profile. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

How would people feel about the overwatch rules if they came with the stipulation of not shooting in combat? 

It would make Sisters of the Watch 100% for sure not worth 160 points.  They need a drop as it is in points and watering down one of their unique features would sure dampen their effectiveness.  But then GW loves taking a dump on Wood Elves so par for the course.  /ends dumping salt

On the flip side Ungor Raiders would be more effective.. so...

• Like 3

Just now, yukishiro1 said:

It's gonna be a nightmare to count how many attacks a unit gets on that alternate profile. Seems like a rule they came up with more because it sounds cool than because it's practical or good game design. 

Yeah, I don't think the rule is OP by any stretch (tbh, they look kind of weak unless they're super cheap or get something else), but I do worry it might cause some arguments when it comes to "this small part of the base is or isn't within 2"". 

• Like 1

MOD NOTICE

Ok people lets take all the talk of balance and the new rules for Lumineth off into its own section.

I'd also like to remind people to be respectful with their language choices. Whilst its all good fun, some get a little carried away with balance discussions come out and with the language chosen. Remember its not always nice when people are shouting about the army you like and collect being "abusive" especially when its not even out yet (in full). So lets calm down, remember that the sky is not falling and hobby on. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6