The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Any source for this?

You can guess most of it.

Board size min-recommendation to match GW's boards just like for 40K. Mid year just like last years new 40K edition. 

It might explain why GW is going full steam ahead with the narrative books. We don't even have Teclis out and yet we already know the name and big model for the next book and that there's another after that already being teased. That's a very; fast rate so could represent GW gunning for that mid year launch event. 

The other aspects are harder to predict. Right now the new battletomes we have don't really show many fundamental changes. If anything the only real change that I've spotted is that units now no longer get large unit discounts. Which could be something we see rolled out en-mass with a new Generals Handbook release for forces that don't yet have a battletome. If they are changing osme core rules then they operate with the same current style of battletome. 

• Like 1

Doesn't sound right to me, shooting is something people want adjusting in the game right now (be it improved look out sir or something else entirely) 

Giving screens or ranged units a way of repeatedly avoiding combat each round would not help that at all. Infact i  would say it just makes the combat alround annoying if my opponent can retreat a unit that was just charged each turn? You would never be able to initiate a favorable combat. The game would just be all weak screens and ranged units as buffed blocks/heavy hitting melee then have no purpose.

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Rumours circulating tonight about the following aos 3 news 

- aos 3 releases in July

- 60 by 44 board

- oberwatch at -1 to hit introduced into charge phase

- alternatively you can retreat when charged 

- some type of new reaction points system being introduced to facilitate this. 

Number three and four are taking the game in so amazingly wrong a direction that it's almost believable. I can totally see GW looking at AOS right now and being like: you know what this game needs? More shooting and more ways for shooting units to escape from melee units without getting hit! 

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

- aos 3 releases in July

- 60 by 44 board

Rumours on the rumour thread? Well, I never!

I personally really like the sound of these changes and if this is true I assume that July release is on something of a floating schedule. Now the real question will I split a new starter with someone... if the SCE/Iron Jawz holds true I would likely go SCE lets hope it is a neat new set of models... although I would much prefer Knights of Azyr.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

I'm calling bs on the overwatch rule too. Unless there's some major rules changes. -1 to hit isn't significant enough. It would be 6's to hit surely. Ranged units can already fire in combat in AoS so giving them shots when charged and again if they survive to next turn seems unlikely.

If it's a melee overwatch too well I would take fight first with a -1 hit penalty anyday for all my army's. Imagine trying to take objectives, you would only be able to shoot someone off or charge with multiple monsters/small units

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 2

presumably it be like 40k and that it cost a command point (or 2)to shoot in the charge phase

i am noticing that they are adding more ways to generate CP in the game in the more recent books through new battalions and heroes.

I am more wondering are they overhauling battleshock to be like 40k where you can only auto past it once but if you fail the test you auto lose one model and roll a dice for each model in a unit and on a one they flee.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I'd almost wish you a third huge wave... also, if I can't complain about Lumineth anymore, what am I supposed to do? 🤷‍♂️

I'm quite happy with just a second wave (and so is my wallet); a third wave and I'd be drowning!  Also, I wouldn't worry about complaining about Lumineth, we're very enlightened about it .  Well, most of us are, anyway.  Aelves are Marmite, have been and always will be. It would be a boring world if everybody loved all the armies - where's the fun in that?   I like my diet of Marmite (although I also make sure I eat my Greens :) 

The next week, as rules drop, is going to be very interesting, but it won't be long before Gravelords are out and then it'll be their turn.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

Number three and four are taking the game in so amazingly wrong a direction that it's almost believable. I can totally see GW looking at AOS right now and being like: you know what this game needs? More shooting and more ways for shooting units to escape from melee units without getting hit! 

Not that I’m disagreeing but we are seeing snippets of a rumor.  You’d have to expect something more to these rules if true.

overwatch shooting at -1 to hit, but the models that charged then get +1 to hit or do extra damage if you shoot.

units can retreat once when charged but must reform during the movement/shooting phase the next round and cannot move/shot etc.

those are just random ideas and I’m sure GW wouldn’t just toss more benefits to shooting armies into the game without some drawbacks.

Edited by Siphon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

Not that I’m disagreeing but we are seeing snippets of a rumor.  You’d have to expect something more to these rules if true.

overwatch shooting at -1 to hit, but the models that charged then get +1 to hit or do extra damage if you shoot.

units can retreat once when charged but must reform during the movement/shooting phase the next round and cannot move/shot etc.

those are just random ideas and I’m sure GW wouldn’t just toss more benefits to shooting armies into the game without some drawbacks.

On a further note new rules will also be reflected to some degree by Warscrolls and Allegiance Abilities. Also shooting might be getting nerfed and this will encourage players to have their missile units engage in combat to get their stand and shoot rules.  Maybe they will lose the ability to shoot while in combat. I find when people discuss rules or points it is often discussed in a vacuum with assumptions that because it wouldn't fit with current rules it wont work at all. When the reality is often we have found a certain part of the game is not working how it is intended how can we remedy that. So one possibility is to mitigate certain elements and then strengthen others. So I think based on player feedback shooting is likely something being seriously considered... even if the solution ends up being something I personally don't like such as giving all armies equally broken shooting like 40k with archers. 

Maybe Stormcast that just arrived from the heavens will prevent a stand and shoot rule because they are glowing from lightening or Nighthaunt's Ehtereal nature makes them harder to see and hit. Would flying units be more susceptible to getting gunned down descending on archers or more easily dodge their shots? Also, if rumours prove true and this is related to some form of 'reaction' points it may require a hero to be involved and/or baby sit units to get them to stand and fire or retreat.

Edited by Neverchosen

Btw sisters of the watch and freeguild crossbowmens have overwatch and with no penalty. and i dont see city even close to competitive spots.

even the best city lists havent these two units.

So i dont think this gonna be so broken as any thinks,the broken units as sentinels or snakes gonna delete all at range and this wont change nothing,but maybe be a little boost for the other ranged units that arent even close to the snakes\sentinels performance

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Athrawes said:

Can I ask how many games you have played with lumineth so far?

Bro don’t be hateful and ask for data. 

Just accept that an unreleased unit breaks the game and it’s mere existence causes the dreaded NPE. 

Next I want an apology that you like Aelves and I’m not leaving until I get it!

• Thanks 9
  • Haha 18

The first thing that comes to my mind if they add overwatch is that shooting units can't shoot in combat.

That is a nerf? A buff? For most of shooting units the "-1" penalty hurts, but not to te "unmodified mortal wound" ones. That has to be changed to 6+ if they want this to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to add to the Grimdark live rumor that  AoS 3.0 is going to have Indomitus style boxes with Stormcast vs. an unnamed Destruction army (though that is a general speculation that the community has been predicting would happen)

Edited by novakai

Actually overmatch and fleeing would perhaps explain the relatively high point cost of shooting units in the Slaanesh book. The general consensus is that it was written for 3.0, whereas DOK was not as DOK was planned for a much earlier release, but was held up by covid and Brexit.

I suppose we will know if the lumineth shooting units go up in points.

Edited by herohammer

I'm not sure what to make of that rumour. It's a mixture of very safe predictions that anyone might guess and some outlandish claims that no-one seems to want. 

The one thing I REALLY hope the don't do is drop the digital battletomes. Living in Japan, it relatively difficult to get hold of physical copies of books and I have limited storage space which I need for minis. 

Assuming they do come out with a new starter set I'm very curious what the stormcast will look like. They've done regular line troops, heavy cavalry, light cavalry and scouts, magic users and even a bit of artillery. 

As a dream I would like to see a devoted of sigmar/ order of Azyr army with stormcast priests and lord veritant types supported by human witch Hunters and fanatics. Grotbag scuttlers with an actual airship could be amazing. 

If this rumour is true does it mean that broken realms is only a 4 book series? If the other books are as good as Morathi, that would be disappointing. 

I'm still hoping for a delayed release for AoS 3. With broken realms, cursed city and Soulblight my wallet is going to need some time to recover. 

11 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

- aos 3 releases in July

- 60 by 44 board

My fingers are crossed for July to be true. The Age of Nagash is over, the time of GorkaMorka has come!!

10 hours ago, Overread said:

You can guess most of it.

Board size min-recommendation to match GW's boards just like for 40K. Mid year just like last years new 40K edition. 

It might explain why GW is going full steam ahead with the narrative books. We don't even have Teclis out and yet we already know the name and big model for the next book and that there's another after that already being teased. That's a very; fast rate so could represent GW gunning for that mid year launch event. 

The other aspects are harder to predict. Right now the new battletomes we have don't really show many fundamental changes. If anything the only real change that I've spotted is that units now no longer get large unit discounts. Which could be something we see rolled out en-mass with a new Generals Handbook release for forces that don't yet have a battletome. If they are changing osme core rules then they operate with the same current style of battletome. 

With a July release date and an April one for Teclis it would seem we really do have a Psychic Awakening situation on our hands.

April/Teclis. May/Belakor. June/Kragnos. July/3.0.

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Rumours on the rumour thread? Well, I never!

I personally really like the sound of these changes and if this is true I assume that July release is on something of a floating schedule. Now the real question will I split a new starter with someone... if the SCE/Iron Jawz holds true I would likely go SCE lets hope it is a neat new set of models... although I would much prefer Knights of Azyr.

Please please please whatever the starter Faction for Order is make the opposing Faction Orruks with new models. 

6 hours ago, novakai said:

to add to the Grimdark live rumor that  AoS 3.0 is going to have Indomitus style boxes with Stormcast vs. an unnamed Destruction army (though that is a general speculation that the community has been predicting would happen)

This would make a lot of sense!! I'll be suprised now if it doesnt happen.

4 hours ago, Morglum Ironhide said:

I'd LOVE to see GM and Destruction get the Nagash/Soul Wars treatment in 3rd ed

As would I!! Destruction is full of classic 'Bad Guys' that I'd love to see get more AOSfied. More Orruks!! More Troggoths!! More Ogors!! MOAR GARGANTS!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3