The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I wasn't really talking about the fan, but the army in general.

These things do introduce difficult problems to solve, and you need to change your tactics to adapt to it. These aren't all bad in a vacuum, but when you start combining them it becomes way too much for some armies to deal with PERIOD. Not every army has access to good wizards, or CP engines, or lots of varied strategies. Lots of armies commit to one playstyle and if you put too much pressure on them they just don't get to play the game. Most armies don't have "get out of jail" crutches, its usually only the strong ones that do. The main reason magic doms are toxic is because there are plenty of armies that rely on their magic, but don't have strong wizards, there is no getting around it, your options are to not take the force multiplier or take it anyway and pray.

Like what is an army like Gutbuster Mawtribes supposed to do against Lumineth? They have weak wizards, low CP generation, no tricks, low rend, weak shooting... They don't have the tools to play around multiple of these kinds of effects.

I'm fine with these effects in moderation, like an army that stops pile-ins requires you to be more careful with your charges or Lumineths 2-1 activations mean you really only want to get involved in a single combat at a time, but when you start needing to ration CP and  make sure you charge deep and don't get a magic phase and don't get involved in multiple combats etc... Most armies just can't keep up with it.

Mawtribes are excellent against LRL. The objective of the game is to score more points not stop Teclis from casting. People get caught up in the wrong things to their own detrement. Teclis has 1 auto unbind, and otherwise +1, his "domness" is overrated. 

Don't be cute just dominate control of the objectives for 3 out of 5 turns (either hold them or stop your opponent from holding them). A LRL army might have 60 models if it includes Teclis. AoS isn't a contest to see who's rules are better. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

Mawtribes are excellent against LRL. The objective of the game is to score more points not stop Teclis from casting. People get caught up in the wrong things to their own detrement. Teclis has 1 auto unbind, and otherwise +1, his "domness" is overrated. 

Don't be cute just dominate control of the objectives for 3 out of 5 turns (either hold them or stop your opponent from holding them). A LRL army might have 60 models if it includes Teclis. AoS isn't a contest to see who's rules are better. 

Try to hold an objective if you are tabled or your units can‘t hold an objective due to enemy damage.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Try to hold an objective if you are tabled or your units can‘t hold an objective due to enemy damage.

@whispersofblood does have a point though. I just played a two day tournament this past weekend, where I played as Khorne (specifically my Khorne Vampires that are primarily StD units). I placed 6th overall. One of my matchups was against LrL with Teclis, the game was Focal Points. My army had 3 drops, his had 4 and I decided to take the first turn by the start of turn four I had a Single Slaughterpriest left with 1 wound remaining, one unit of Chaos Warriors with 3 models left in it (started at 15) and one unit of Chaos Warriors with a single model left (started with 5) and a single unit of Chaos Knights with 2 Knights left. His army had Teclis with 3 wounds left and then 1 unit of archers at full health, another unit of archers with 6 models remaining, a unit of spearmen at full health and a unit of spearman with like 5 models remaining, plus a Cathallar. I pretty much played the objectives and zoned him out the first two and a half turns and then on the top of turn 4 I summoned it 30 Bloodletters that sealed the game for me. So yes I got hammered very hard by mortal wounds from his units and Teclis magic and then huge bravery debuffs, however I had enough bodies to zone areas out and prevent him from playing the objectives. Its not my ideal way to play AoS BUT I was able to beat Teclis and LrL so I'll take a win where I can get it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

*and ME Spam and Magical dominance and cows with 6A with 5 damage flat. „Not much damage“.

Well no matter. Adding more NPE to the army isn‘t good for the game‘s health

Can I ask how many games you have played with lumineth so far?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

Quick thought, what if Kragnos leads the kurnothi but they are destruction? They are basically wild aelves and the whole centaur vibe is really cool.

Destruction Kurnothi remain less likely than the return of Tomb Kings in AoS.

We have two instances of Kurnothi (in Underworlds and Cursed City) and both are Order Sylvaneth. Lorewise Kurnoth is very closely linked to Sylvaneth as well. As such, it is safe to assume that Kurnothi will be order and either part of Sylvaneth or closely linked.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

Quick thought, what if Kragnos leads the kurnothi but they are destruction? They are basically wild aelves and the whole centaur vibe is really cool.

We know the kurnothi coming in cursed city is Sylvaneth, so that would be weird.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

I have mentioned it a few times but I think it would be dope if they were a divided faction. Some of them worship an ancient Godbeast reigning destruction and the others rally to Kurnoth a champion of order and husband of Alarielle. The problem with this is that the order Kurnothi would likely be tied to the Sylvaneth and be the superior choice.  

• Like 5

I get the impression that GW made a great step recently in improving their communication with customers. Better and more open Previews. New Mini every Monday. Answering some questions on fb. Teasing things way ahead of premiere. They announced the fourth BR book when only the first was out. Good job overall.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Destruction Kurnothi remain less likely than the return of Tomb Kings in AoS.

We have two instances of Kurnothi (in Underworlds and Cursed City) and both are Order Sylvaneth. Lorewise Kurnoth is very closely linked to Sylvaneth as well. As such, it is safe to assume that Kurnothi will be order and either part of Sylvaneth or closely linked.

Yeah, the twisting of logic being applied to the "Is the thing that's not called Kurnoth going to be Kurnoth?" Is getting a bit absurd at this point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

*and ME Spam and Magical dominance and cows with 6A with 5 damage flat. „Not much damage“.

Well no matter. Adding more NPE to the army isn‘t good for the game‘s health

Haha I know that's why is said it's all flourish. We both play S2D I know what no dmg plays out as, and this is low dmg. Playing against LRL is just about managing their ability to do dmg in the pursuit of objectives. And not letting all the sparklers make you do things you wouldn't otherwise do.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, Enoby said:

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but did old Seraphon used to have the daemon keyword

Seraphon used to be celestial daemons. That went away with the new battletome. The lizardmen remaining in the AOS app still have the Daemon keyword. (Did you know you can search the warscrolls in the app by keyword?  I love that feature.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

@whispersofblood does have a point though. I just played a two day tournament this past weekend, where I played as Khorne (specifically my Khorne Vampires that are primarily StD units). I placed 6th overall. One of my matchups was against LrL with Teclis, the game was Focal Points. My army had 3 drops, his had 4 and I decided to take the first turn by the start of turn four I had a Single Slaughterpriest left with 1 wound remaining, one unit of Chaos Warriors with 3 models left in it (started at 15) and one unit of Chaos Warriors with a single model left (started with 5) and a single unit of Chaos Knights with 2 Knights left. His army had Teclis with 3 wounds left and then 1 unit of archers at full health, another unit of archers with 6 models remaining, a unit of spearmen at full health and a unit of spearman with like 5 models remaining, plus a Cathallar. I pretty much played the objectives and zoned him out the first two and a half turns and then on the top of turn 4 I summoned it 30 Bloodletters that sealed the game for me. So yes I got hammered very hard by mortal wounds from his units and Teclis magic and then huge bravery debuffs, however I had enough bodies to zone areas out and prevent him from playing the objectives. Its not my ideal way to play AoS BUT I was able to beat Teclis and LrL so I'll take a win where I can get it.

Your mellow and collected post is dubious for a Khorne player, but very welll....may I suggest a second army?

Tme to spam screamers as Tzeentch and slaughter those Aelfs like sheep! ❤️   *

*except Aelfric, he's my Lumineth buddy! 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

Boy, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people when Kragnos isn't exactly what they predict it to be isn't there

The only thing I am fairly certain about Kragnos is that they aren't Death related. Now watch that be wrong.

Edited by Chaos Shepard
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Rumours circulating tonight about the following aos 3 news 

- aos 3 releases in July

- 60 by 44 board

- oberwatch at -1 to hit introduced into charge phase

- alternatively you can retreat when charged 

- some type of new reaction points system being introduced to facilitate this. 

Any source for this?

• Like 1