The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Guys is simple. You HAVE to charge with hurakans, so you have to END the charge 0.5” or less than any model. Then when the Luminet's player attack with the hurakans, can pile in or out 6”, but if they run away from the battle, they can’t fight because they are not within 3”.

This is not Seraphon, this is not slaneesh.

You can still charge an opponent with two units, pile them "out" to 2.9" with your double activation and lock their unit in place.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

'Move like the Wind' feels like one of those things they really haven't thought through, only thing that is tempering this for me atm is it seems the Hurakan models appear to be ranged focused.

1 minute ago, yukishiro1 said:

They really seem determined to make Lumineth the NPE army. Being able to fall back out of combat with your ranged units before your opponent can attack, thereby making them not even eligible to activate - not even as a command ability or relic or something, but just a base ability - is going to cause a lot of frustration, especially combined with the double activations the faction already gets. Basically you can only fight one hurakan unit per round unless you can make them fight last, the rest'll just run away. I'm not sure it's actually overpowered, but I'm really not sure what LRL needed was another way to troll the opponent by making them unable to do anything to you. 

Yeah this rule is awful, its a more powerful and complex version of "you can't pile in". Worst case, you pile in as much as they run away, so you need to move every model in the combat 3" so the lumineth player can reduce their damage taken, it also lets the hurikan units use charges for movement basically, and pile in to other units. If these guys get any access to rules that increase their pile ins, or trigger on charges (which they probably will to synergize with these effects) these guys will be frustrating to play against.

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Guys is simple. You HAVE to charge with hurakans, so you have to END the charge 0.5” or less than any model. Then when the Luminet's player attack with the hurakans, can pile in or out 6”, but if they run away from the battle, they can’t fight because they are not within 3”.

This is not Seraphon, this is not slaneesh.

Nobody cares about the Hurakan fighting, they aren't a melee unit. That's kind-of the whole point - the ability allows them to escape being fought. But it's only 3" unless they charge, so as someone else pointed out, they can't actually escape if they were charged (though they can likely mitigate the amount of models that can attack them), so that mitigates the NPE potential, though it doesn't remove it completely.

Edited by yukishiro1

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah this rule is awful, its a more powerful and complex version of "you can't pile in". Worst case, you pile in as much as they run away, so you need to move every model in the combat 3" so the lumineth player can reduce their damage taken, it also lets the hurikan units use charges for movement basically, and pile in to other units. If these guys get any access to rules that increase their pile ins, or trigger on charges (which they probably will to synergize with these effects) these guys will be frustrating to play against.

It's not just a rule I dislike because it's powerful, I also think it undermines a major skill point in gameplay.

To me it seems that the limit on piling in only to closest model encourages players to play well, both on offense and defense, controlling the geography of a fight and how each players units pile in and engage with the enemy. I know it's only one unit but removing that restriction I think makes the game less interesting.

May not be expressing myself that well...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

You realize of course that LRL already have an ignore battleshock spell right?

The fan looks good, but Artefact competition is always tight, and for all we know the only model that can take the fan is the one nimbus mage. 

You can't use the fan till your opponent's movement phase. I think that makes it of pretty limited value, unless these mages also have some other "neat" rule that allows them to become immune to melee for a round or something. 

6 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

Nobody cares about the hurakan fighting, they aren't a melee unit. That's kind-of the whole point - the ability allows them to escape being caught. But it's only 3" unless they charge, so as someone else pointed out, they can't actually escape if you charged, so that mitigates the issue significantly. 

Yeah, some ppl are just determined to hate lumineth no matter what.

without even seeing their shooting attacks, I can see a unit or two of these windcharges being a great addition to the slow lumineth army, as dedicated late game objective grabbers.

Being able to fly, and pile in 6" on the charge, combined with presumably high movement characteristics, means they guys can swoop in to take objectives that their opponents holds right out from under them.

I think that is where they will shine. 

• Like 10

FAQs up!!!

WHITE DWARF, OCTOBER 2019 The Host of Syll’Esske Battle Traits – Deadly Symbiosis Change the rule to: ‘Add 1 to the number of depravity points you receive in the battleshock phase if a friendly Syll’Esske is on the battlefield and is within 6" of at least 1 other friendly Syll’Esskan Host Daemon unit and at least 1 friendly Syll’Esskan Host Mortal unit.’

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tankman said:

Best part about Move like the Wind is charging a screen then flying 4-5 inches past them when you pile-in to land on a back objective or to hit a key unit

This immediately occurred to me too, but the models are on large enough bases that it's actually going to be difficult to do in a lot of cases I think. Your opponent's going to have to position pretty badly with the screening unit to allow you to fully clear them with a unit of these I think. I mean you'll be able to get over them, but probably not far enough that they won't be able to activate and fight you. I guess it comes down to whether they're any good in combat or not. 

1 minute ago, yukishiro1 said:

You can't use the fan till your opponent's movement phase. I think that makes it of pretty limited value, unless these mages also have some other "neat" rule that allows them to become immune to melee for a round or something. 

Its quite a strong meta artefact. It lets you take the first turn knowing you can quite powerfully influence the opponent's double turn. Meaning if you win the roll off you can actually give the turn away if you are incontrol of the board state. 

LRL are the control faction I think we've needed for awhile. Force people to really contend with what they do on the board and not just rely on warscrolls and damage. Of course some people will call that NPE but alas.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, novakai said:

not mine but i thought it was pretty on point with  the Kragnos reaction

1151188764_SHREKMEME.png.0b76ed0dd09a7dd654d26cf7f47b90e2.png

Yeah.. someones going to be disappointed! 

I'm waiting for Horticulus TGA to weigh in - he's usually good for sniffing out rumours and suggesting hypotheticals.. he seems very quiet too at the moment... 🧐

11 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

You realize of course that LRL already have an ignore battleshock spell right?

The fan looks good, but Artefact competition is always tight, and for all we know the only model that can take the fan is the one nimbus mage. 

It doesn't matter (plus healing and ignoring battleshock is better), I'd be fine with them being the best army, way ahead of Seraphon and Tzeentch - it's the principle of it. LRL get so many special favors. Their close combat fighting hero is better than Khorne's, their magic dumps on Tzeentch, they got units that look past basic mechanics of the game... sure, they're not perfect, (they ARE Light-Aelfs after all...) but coupled with the biggest release for a new army, after we already got so many Aelfs, feels like a slight. Where are proper Orruks (they got such a mini release it feels like half an army)? Or Skaven? Or Seraphon? Cities of Sigmar? This is a plague of Aelfs, I tell ya!

I hope every other new army will get this much love in all areas from now on...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

FAQs up!!!

WHITE DWARF, OCTOBER 2019 The Host of Syll’Esske Battle Traits – Deadly Symbiosis Change the rule to: ‘Add 1 to the number of depravity points you receive in the battleshock phase if a friendly Syll’Esske is on the battlefield and is within 6" of at least 1 other friendly Syll’Esskan Host Daemon unit and at least 1 friendly Syll’Esskan Host Mortal unit.’

Oooops my Icon of Excess

5 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

Its quite a strong meta artefact. It lets you take the first turn knowing you can quite powerfully influence the opponent's double turn. Meaning if you win the roll off you can actually give the turn away if you are incontrol of the board state. 

Sure, if you can survive a round of combat within 3" of the unit you want to push back. 

I mean I guess the play is you put it behind a line of spearmen or something and make it difficult for your opponent to fight the screen without also being within 3" of the mage (and assuming they have no way to crack the screen, i.e. no 3" range weapons, no double fight, no fight in their hero phase which is before you can use this, etc), who can then force them to fall back if they get a double turn, assuming they can't retreat and charge. I'm not sure how many units there are that fit that bill - I feel like a lot of the stuff that is going to be T1 charging you is goin to fall into one of those exceptions that make it not very useful - but I can see how it'd be really good in the right situation. 

7 minutes ago, Feii said:

Oooops my Icon of Excess

I mean, it's a surprise they left it in at all. 

Let's be honest, the past iteration was just broken. The current one isn't great, but it's a White Dwarf many people don't have and still gives you a large selection of extra battalions. 

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You can still charge an opponent with two units, pile them "out" to 2.9" with your double activation and lock their unit in place.

So you won't attack them and the opponent can pile in 3" and make 1 or 2 attacks. I see it fair.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's interesting that you mention insects, because I also caught that hint of a theme in the preview of Lady Annika yesterday but don't know what to make of it. She does not seem to have any insectile traits herself and for the moment there are no insect-themed units in all of GA: Death. I am curious to see if that will actually go anywhere.

Seems like they will have access to the same 2.9" pile in shenannigans that Slaanesh have. That will make it super frustrating to play against people who know how to use this ability.

The RPG Darkest Dungeon Crimson Court expansion has a whole mosquito vampire vibe. I think it's very clearly drawn from that.

Theres no obvious insect bits per se but the outline of the figure with the wing like robe, her sharpness and sort of pointy fragility of the figure are all things you will subconsciously associate with insects. 

Just now, MitGas said:

It doesn't matter (plus healing and ignoring battleshock is better), I'd be fine with them being the best army, way ahead of Seraphon and Tzeentch - it's the principle of it. LRL get so many special favors. Their close combat fighting hero is better than Khorne's, their magic dumps on Tzeentch, they got units that look past basic mechanics of the game... sure, they're not perfect, (they ARE Light-Aelfs after all...) but coupled with the biggest release for a new army, after we already got so many Aelfs, feels like a slight. Where are proper Orruks (they got such a mini release it feels like half an army)? Or Skaven? Or Seraphon? Cities of Sigmar? This is a plague of Aelfs, I tell ya!

I hope every other new army will get this much love in all areas from now on...

How about the fact that they don't do much damage really? Take a look at the games being played there are lots of battle reports and tournament games and they all kind of have the same themes. Low damage. Like a d3 heal is nice, but come on mate it's 2 wounds from what is likely either Teclis or the new Wind caster(probably a one cast wizard). It's not exactly bringing back a unit of Flamers on a cast from a full range of heroes. 

That one combat character is a special character of one of the most influential badasses of the Old World a warrior comparable to mortal Tyrion, who's soul has been armed and armour individually by a god of magic, It's not... Some aelf.

I don't want to put you in a box, but it just kinda sounds like grass-is-greener syndrome. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

Sure, if you can survive a round of combat within 3" of the unit you want to push back. 

I mean I guess the play is you put it behind a line of spearmen or something and make it difficult for your opponent to fight the screen without also being within 3" of the mage (and assuming they have no way to crack the screen, i.e. no 3" range weapons, no double fight, no fight in their hero phase which is before you can use this, etc), who can then force them to fall back if they get a double turn, assuming they can't retreat and charge. I'm not sure how many units there are that fit that bill - I feel like a lot of the stuff that is going to be T1 charging you is goin to fall into one of those exceptions that make it not very useful - but I can see how it'd be really good in the right situation. 

Yeah which is why it's so interesting. But like I was saying it's an artefact at the end of the day, one of the most hotly contested spaces in the game. It may never be taken, and that is fine to because I'm happy with the designers exploring more than they have been. It does something and that something might be really interesting in the game.

Like this artefact might fall flat in play, but I'm still happier with the effort and imagination shown than the ssyl'esske host faq.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Going back a bit, but since no one mentioned it, I'm gonna throw in my guess as this being a weapon for the Idoneth Underworlds Warband. It's not an exact match for any of their weapons, but it has a similar vibe, I feel.

I don't think so - the design of that spiked ring bit is way too crude and battered to be Idoneth. Doesn't match their refined elven craftmanship aesthetic at all.