The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Tomorrow is the big day guys!! What are your hopes and dreams for the Preview?

Hopes and dreams: Special ghoul courtiers. Royal Fool, bard and people like that.

Most interested: Ossiarch warband reveal for Underworlds & Redemptionists for Necromunda.

Neat: Broken Realms Book 4.

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My dream is to see a teaser for the IDK underworlds warband. The one fish(?) they showed got me really hyped. Realistically, we'll probably only see them in a month or so.

• Like 1

Expectations:

-More Soulblight teases

-Ossiarch warband reveal

-Tease of the Deepkin warband

Considering how AoS-heavy the last reveal was, I'm thinking this one will be 40k focused, but I'm hoping for a full Soulblight reveal. Ideally, we'll get the pre-orders for Cursed City and BR Teclis this weekend as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Expectations: Ossiarch Warband, reveal of SOME but not all Soulblight units, and MAYBE a tease for the Idoneth warband.

Wildest hopes and dreams: Fourth BR book reveal, a tease to 3e. Also, as weird as it may seem, I want something left-field at the end, like we had with Be’lakor last time. Something unexpected but welcome.

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Since they spoke of Tzeentch.... well, maybe a small release for Tzeentch next to Be'Lakor? Pretty unrealistic but my hopes only empower my army. 😎

Outside of that I'm looking forward to the end of Aelves (yay!) and lots of undead stuff!

56 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My hope is for a decent dual/duel* box or start collecting set for Lumineth. Undivided demons and some form of confirmation that Be'Lakor is still available for Slaves to Darkness. I doubt it will happen but I want the OBR archer to be a unit rather than a one off Underworld model. For Soulblight I hope that it is mostly a relaunch like Gloomspite that reimagines and modernizes old units but does not lose to much in the transition. Clearly from my last few posts I have jumped on the Azyr mortals bandwagon so some news on that front would be cool... although terribly unlikely.

Above all else I hope that the Sisters of Battle and Admech stuff isn't too tempting as times are still tough financially and those are my two favourite armies aesthetically in 40k alongside Necrons and Knights... I clearly like nuns and robots.

*I refuse to let this joke die

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Probably all of the heroes will be useless in AoS matched play unless they are 50 points as were heroes from other boxed games except maybe for tzeentch.

Actually GW could make them 50 points or less to make them actually useful just as objective grabbers.

I don't think the comparison is fair.

Silver Tower has most of its heroes dumped by now, but the Excelsior Warpriest was not bad at all when he lived. I don't know much about the other heroes from that box though.

Tzeench has only a single hero remaining, but he's a beast (ogroid thaumaturge). Even without the familiars, the Gaunt Summoner is quite good.

Silver Tower was an early AoS product, and they are bad at keeping warscrolls from the first few years (see Isle of Blood for another example).

Underworlds has a few warscrolls that can stand on their own, but most members of warbands are just alternate sculpts of existing units.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Duol box of soulblight vs cities of sigmar.  The damnation and the faith.  Alongside a reveal of the "Order of Azyr" which will likely just slot into cities (or at least ally with them).  Could use the new witch hunter and nightingale lady.

I know, I know.  This isn't what's going to happen, but it's my wishlist, okay?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I don't really have much riding on this one, personally (unless GW pulls an Order of Azyr out of their hat.)

I hope Vampires get a big reveal on this one. Folks are really keen for them, and I'd hate for them to be disappointed.

I figure the Bonereaper warband is a sure thing, but wouldn't mind a few proper units being thrown into the mix.

More stuff on BR: Be'lakor and any new units associated with the book would be great. 

Anything beyond that will be a genuine surprise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Cool sculpts, frankly I don't care if they're for an army or collection I have or not. 

I'm hoping to see some more undead stuff for AoS and a better look at the Necromunda redemptionists. 

I try to avoid disappointment over there previews by just hoping to see some nice new sculpts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Hopes and dreams: Special ghoul courtiers. Royal Fool, bard and people like that.

Most interested: Ossiarch warband reveal for Underworlds & Redemptionists for Necromunda.

Neat: Broken Realms Book 4.

I love your idea for the Courtiers mate. Really would love to see that done. 

Part of me wants it know BR 4 but part of me doesnt as that would mean 2 books are still not released that we dont know what's happening!! Unless they start rapid firing them like Psychic Awakening in the lead up to 3.0.

3 hours ago, Raviv said:

My dream is to see a teaser for the IDK underworlds warband. The one fish(?) they showed got me really hyped. Realistically, we'll probably only see them in a month or so.

As am I. I really wanna see what the Crab Claw is attached to!!

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Vampires or bust for me!

Mate if they're not there I'm going to write a letter to GW for hurting @BaylorCorvette because they've teased them so heavily it would be just plain rude to not show something!!

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I love your idea for the Courtiers mate. Really would love to see that done. 

Part of me wants it know BR 4 but part of me doesnt as that would mean 2 books are still not released that we dont know what's happening!! Unless they start rapid firing them like Psychic Awakening in the lead up to 3.0.

As am I. I really wanna see what the Crab Claw is attached to!!

Mate if they're not there I'm going to write a letter to GW for hurting @BaylorCorvette because they've teased them so heavily it would be just plain rude to not show something!!

What if the Idoneth warband contains no idoneth and it’s just fish and sea creatures 

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Zombies! Zombies and lots o zombies! Tiny zombies! Huge zombies, non Human zombies, zombie Queen.

- Bonereaper Archer(s)

- Some hint that Nighthaunt will be getting a new tome or serious facelift when that new NH model is released or during a BR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

-Different Soul Blight Bloodlines with unique minis and rules, new blood knights, updated zombies

-Full reveal for the new OSBR Underworlds warband and some more details on the Idoneth release.

-Some kind of surprise. 

1 hour ago, Raviv said:

I'll take 3 boxes.

Ok, so that'll be one family sized sea food basket to go.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Why write a letter when you could simply commission a scale 3D sculpt of the offending GW official and add it to your new Be'lakor model in leu of the Primius Space marine or Chaos Warrior.

• Haha 3

I'm not expecting much. The AoS preview had way more than I was expecting none of which has been released. 40k on the other hand is almost up to date. The only thing that has been previewed properly and not released is the sisters suit. 

I'm expecting more sisters  minis and codex. Admech mini(s?) and codex, redemptionists, OBR warband and more Soulblight but not the full range. If there is a surprise it will be on the 40k side. 

It is still a surprise to me how few new minis there are for 40k. The roll out of Marines and Necrons won't finish until May. That's a full 10 months mostly focused on just 2 ranges. They had 2 death guard minis,1 DoK mini, possibly just 1 admech mini and maybe a handful of sisters kits.  In the same time frame AoS wil have had 10  underworlds warbands, 2 warcry warbands, Lumineth twice, Sons of Behemat, Slaanesh, at least 2 broken realms books, and probably Cursed City. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1