The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, JPjr said:

every range needs something big and ridiculous so I'm hoping for some kind of massive flesh golem, loads of zombies fused together into some kind of twisted gargant sized abomination along with a Zombie Queen

I think they might not go for that because it would kinda be in the bonereaper's territory... I'd like to see that though!

24 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that this heralds an entire revamp of what will likely be a small part of the larger Gravelords line. Zombies and Dire Wolves are almost a given now, but units like the Necromancers and Corpse Carts are still very recent plastic sculpts, and GW doesn't update those very often.

Yeah I think that this will be a huge overhaul but not a complete overhaul. Probably something like the Gloomspite level of update. 

51 minutes ago, JPjr said:

every range needs something big and ridiculous so I'm hoping for some kind of massive flesh golem, loads of zombies fused together into some kind of twisted gargant sized abomination along with a Zombie Queen

That would be incredible!! Not even stitched together, just a horrible fusion of different zombies and creatures. 

I can still see what could be remains of tombstones and coffins on their backs. They look a lot like the Cursed City zombie. 

Has anyone yet mentioned that Dire wolves are counterpointed on the Australian GW shop website?

Bats, fell bats and the wight king on horse are still there ('cause who would buy those???). Might have to wait until someone accidentally drops them on the floor at the warehouse before we are finally rid of them.

Edited by Wraith

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I can still see what could be remains of tombstones and coffins on their backs. They look a lot like the 

Bats, fell bats and the wight king on horse are still there ('cause who would buy those???). Might have to wait until someone accidentally drops them on the floor at the warehouse before we are finally rid of them.

Think they may just be place holders. 

So what do we have so far?

BR Morathi ends with Morathi-Khaine supercharged overthrowing cities and accidentally making a god, leading us into HoS, and the 'super powered vampire or Bel'akor' saving a Stormcast to get Sigmar involved. 

BR Teclis likely has some ending that means Manfred wants to go on the offensive, so either Nagash isn't killed and goes full anti-aelf or Manfred has a bit more freedom from somewhere and a master plan somewhere.

BR Bel'akor, so far, seems to be Starscream trying to kill Megatron, I mean, Archaon.  If it was Bel'akor in Morathi, then I assume there is some plan somewhere about focusing Archaon's attention elsewhere with a weakened Sigmar or something. 

BR ??? seems to be centered around Ghyran with that last story, and Manfred's little plot going on.

And chances are a fifth BR book somewhere with duardin or skaven or BoC or the other factions who've yet to crop up.

And of course this isn't including the fact we got a massive WAAGH! that needs it's plot sorting which feels like the 3.0 plot. 

Or the fact with ol' Soulblight Gravrlords have to come out at some point and at this point it feels like Book 4?

I'm starting to suspect that maybe our 3.0 2021 might be a wee bit off (by a year...) because we're now in March and we've got at least another 3 BR releases to go before the summer new edition slot.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

So what do we have so far?

BR Morathi ends with Morathi-Khaine supercharged overthrowing cities and accidentally making a god, leading us into HoS, and the 'super powered vampire or Bel'akor' saving a Stormcast to get Sigmar involved. 

BR Teclis likely has some ending that means Manfred wants to go on the offensive, so either Nagash isn't killed and goes full anti-aelf or Manfred has a bit more freedom from somewhere and a master plan somewhere.

BR Bel'akor, so far, seems to be Starscream trying to kill Megatron, I mean, Archaon.  If it was Bel'akor in Morathi, then I assume there is some plan somewhere about focusing Archaon's attention elsewhere with a weakened Sigmar or something. 

BR ??? seems to be centered around Ghyran with that last story, and Manfred's little plot going on.

And chances are a fifth BR book somewhere with duardin or skaven or BoC or the other factions who've yet to crop up.

And of course this isn't including the fact we got a massive WAAGH! that needs it's plot sorting which feels like the 3.0 plot. 

Or the fact with ol' Soulblight Gravrlords have to come out at some point and at this point it feels like Book 4?

I'm starting to suspect that maybe our 3.0 2021 might be a wee bit off (by a year...) because we're now in March and we've got at least another 3 BR releases to go before the summer new edition slot.

He's not Screamer, the dynamic is way more akin to Serpentor and Cobra Commander. :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drcrater said:

Imagine they throw the definitive curve ball:  BR Morghur

I called this as my left-field choice before.

His out-of-body form means he is easier to justify coming back after thousands of years and surviving a destroyed world, and BoC and Ghur need a central figure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

I can still see what could be remains of tombstones and coffins on their backs. They look a lot like the Cursed City zombie. 

Has anyone yet mentioned that Dire wolves are counterpointed on the Australian GW shop website?

Not in Spain. Only fell bats remain here

image.png.8dc1f0d9639174e32127d122fc58502f.png

17 hours ago, drcrater said:

They also have the Corpse Cart, which I always wanted and never had the excuse to buy. Now if they make a deadwalker subfaction or something, it will be my wallet's ruin. Also, probably the zombie ogors of Cursed City will be deadwalker too right?

I knew I was forgetting something. In my head, Corpse Carts are +1 to cast machines, not Deadwalker buff pieces, which is why I always forget them.

15 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that this heralds an entire revamp of what will likely be a small part of the larger Gravelords line. Zombies and Dire Wolves are almost a given now, but units like the Necromancers and Corpse Carts are still very recent plastic sculpts, and GW doesn't update those very often.

My point is more that what we have seen and can reasonably expect of Gravelords is just really surprising and exciting. There is a thread in the GA: Death subforum from October where people talked about the possibility of Soulblight succeeding Legions of Nagash. If you look into the early posts in there, people had the feeling like the most realistic scenario would either be that vampires become their own faction and skeletons and zombies just end up unsupported, or that skeletons and zombies would be grandfathered into Soulblight, but just left to linger without updates. This was a pretty reasonable take at the time, because old Warhammer Fantasy armies were not exactly known to get large-scale updates, skeletons looked like they would have no place in the mortal realms after OBR came out (the OBR fluff actively destroyed Arkhan's Legion of Sacrament, for example) and zombies were barely even a thing to begin with.

But now we have seen a resculpt of a unit that everyone just assumed would be discontinued without replacement in the Wight King on Steed and a new Zombie kit and support hero for Cursed City. And the new silhouette looks to be potentially another zombie unit. Even the bat and rat side of the army seems to be getting updates plus potential support heroes (the rat vampire). It's just really exciting because if those units can get new sculpts, nothing is impossible when it comes to Soulblight. We might be looking at a large-scale update for old sculpts plus a few new units. And that's definitely more than I ever thought we could possibly expect for the old model soup army that is Legions of Nagash.

I know, I know. Temper your expectations. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. That's fair enough. But it's also fun to get excited. At this point, I am hoping for a Hedonites-level release. But I will be content if I just get a way to play my current Deathrattle list in the next edition, plus maybe a new toy or two for it.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 7

Its interesting that with a vampire overhaul in the works, the Death range is barely going to have any resin models left. I think besides the Vargulf, its pretty much all going to be plastic.

All the other grand alliances have at least one resin heavy faction, (Ogres, Seraphon, Beasts of chaos and Skaven etc.) But death is had the least to replace, and it looks like the all plastic future is almost upon us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Its interesting that with a vampire overhaul in the works, the Death range is barely going to have any resin models left. I think besides the Vargulf, its pretty much all going to be plastic.

All the other grand alliances have at least one resin heavy faction, (Ogres, Seraphon, Beasts of chaos and Skaven etc.) But death is had the least to replace, and it looks like the all plastic future is almost upon us.

I've honestly wanted to paint some Seraphon, mostly for fun, but the resin models have always put me off. I do wish allies worked different though. I'd love to ally in a Carnosaur in some of my lists.

• Like 1

Just now, PhoenixLord said:

I've honestly wanted to paint some Seraphon, mostly for fun, but the resin models have always put me off. I do wish allies worked different though. I'd love to ally in a Carnosaur in some of my lists.

Thankfully most of mine are old enough to be the metal versions. The ones I do have in resin are a real pain though. Its so fragile that the feathers and things break at the drop of a hat. They are fantastic designs, just ported into an inappropriate medium unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RamsesIII said:

Oh I would love that.

Or BoC doing anything significant, really.

YES!! The Brayherds need their time to shine!! They and Skaven are the red headed step children of Chaos and need some love!!

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I knew I was forgetting something. In my head, Corpse Carts are +1 to cast machines, not Deadwalker buff pieces, which is why I always forget them.

My point is more that what we have seen and can reasonably expect of Gravelords is just really surprising and exciting. There is a thread in the GA: Death subforum from October where people talked about the possibility of Soulblight succeeding Legions of Nagash. If you look into the early posts in there, people had the feeling like the most realistic scenario would either be that vampires become their own faction and skeletons and zombies just end up unsupported, or that skeletons and zombies would be grandfathered into Soulblight, but just left to linger without updates. This was a pretty reasonable take at the time, because old Warhammer Fantasy armies were not exactly known to get large-scale updates, skeletons looked like they would have no place in the mortal realms after OBR came out (the OBR fluff actively destroyed Arkhan's Legion of Sacrament, for example) and zombies were barely even a thing to begin with.

But now we have seen a resculpt of a unit that everyone just assumed would be discontinued without replacement in the Wight King on Steed and a new Zombie kit and support hero for Cursed City. And the new silhouette looks to be potentially another zombie unit. Even the bat and rat side of the army seems to be getting updates plus potential support heroes (the rat vampire). It's just really exciting because if those units can get new sculpts, nothing is impossible when it comes to Soulblight. We might be looking at a large-scale update for old sculpts plus a few new units. And that's definitely more than I ever thought we could possibly expect for the old model soup army that is Legions of Nagash.

I know, I know. Temper your expectations. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. That's fair enough. But it's also fun to get excited. At this point, I am hoping for a Hedonites-level release. But I will be content if I just get a way to play my current Deathrattle list in the next edition, plus maybe a new toy or two for it.

Mate let yourself get excited!! This is all pointing to an almost Gloomspite/Necrons level update for Soulblight/LON. Now is the time to get hyped!! I'll be thinking of you on Saturday arvo, wishing you the best mate.

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

It is hard not to get too excited. 😀

We jumped the gun a couple of times but WarComm seems to be hinting ever more strongly at what we want to hear..which I think is the danger alluded to.

Warcom is a wee tease but at this point if it's not Soulblight they did a bait and switch!!

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm really hoping Ogors get a Gloomspite level update in 3.0!!

• Like 2

Between the seeming update to Legions of Nagash/former Vampire Counts models, plus the tidbits of world building for normies (Knights of Azyr, Cult of the Comet, return of Witch Hunters, etc) I can't help but wonder if we'll see a similar CoS/Freeguild revamp sooner rather than later?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

And they're de facto getting a new plastic Varghulf in the Cursed City.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Between the seeming update to Legions of Nagash/former Vampire Counts models, plus the tidbits of world building for normies (Knights of Azyr, Cult of the Comet, return of Witch Hunters, etc) I can't help but wonder if we'll see a similar CoS/Freeguild revamp sooner rather than later?

I'd bloody love a Freeguild update. 

12 minutes ago, dekay said:

And they're de facto getting a new plastic Varghulf in the Cursed City.

I think that the CC Varghulf will be released separately down the line. 

So I'm guessing the theme is going to be  "Preview: X & Y" from now on? I like that, gives us a better idea of what to expect. It does seem like one part is 40k and one part is AOS--however, I think it'd be cool if they got to a point where the titles were teases for both systems. i.e Faith & Damnation could be Sisters and Azyrite mortals, vs Damnation being Traitor Guard (or Drukhari) and Gravelords. etc.

Maybe asking too much of GW but a double parallel would be awesome!