The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Alright, that looks like it's hinting at the deets of the likely BR: Alarielle.

Sylvaneth (led by Alarielle) vs. Nurgle (led by Horticulus Slimex) vs. Soulblight (led by Mannfred) in Ghur? Based in Invidia specifically, around the Bleeding Gate realmgate more specifically? With a strong suggestion from that last line that Mannfred is involved in order to sow disorder or set up a fall for Alarielle or something.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Sylvaneth (led by Alarielle) vs. Nurgle (led by Horticulus Slimex) vs. Soulblight (led by Mannfred) in Ghur? Based in Invidia specifically, around the Bleeding Gate realmgate more specifically? With a strong suggestion from that last line that Mannfred is involved in order to sow disorder or set up a fall for Alarielle or something.

We'd better hear the heart shattering  horn of Kurnoth followed by the thundering of hooves and the baying of wolven-hounds...

• LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

How do you guys interpret Manfred's final line about intending to make sure his task is insurmountable? Not sure if it is related at all but the Belakor story seemed to play with the theme of doing the impossible too.

3 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

How do you guys interpret Manfred's final line about intending to make sure his task is insurmountable? Not sure if it is related at all but the Belakor story seemed to play with the theme of doing the impossible too.

I took it to be an indicator that he’s not actually interested in seizing the realmgate or successfully invading Ghur (EDIT: Ghyran, rather, the other gh- realm) but that he wants it to be a failure. A feint or something similar. Mannfred’s always about those shenanigans.

Not sure of the exact why though, don’t think we can quite get clarity on the matter from this short... To lure Alarielle or Nurgle’s forces into overreaching, to turn it into even more of a quagmire? To force Alarielle into some sort of decision about fighting the undead or, I dunno, supporting Sigmar in something? That seems to be part of the BR idea so far. Some ludicrous sadistic scheme, basically.

Or, slightly less likely, something equally ludicrous and scheming to undermine Nagash’s plans to Mannfred’s benefit, like he’s following the letter of the Nagash’s commands but wants to keep back his resources.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Maybe the tombstone guys won't be a replacement for the old kit after all.

I hope so. I wasn’t very impressed with those tombstone zombies. Them and the weirdly posed Skeletons kind of turned me off of Cursed City a bit.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I took it to be an indicator that he’s not actually interested in seizing the realmgate or successfully invading Ghur, but that he wants it to be a failure. A feint or something similar. Mannfred’s always about those shenanigans.

Not sure of the exact why though, don’t think we can quite get clarity on the matter from this short... To lure Alarielle or Nurgle’s forces into overreaching, to turn it into even more of a quagmire? To force Alarielle into some sort of decision about fighting the undead or, I dunno, supporting Sigmar in something? That seems to be part of the BR idea so far. Some ludicrous sadistic scheme, basically.

Or, slightly less likely, something equally ludicrous and scheming to undermine Nagash’s plans to Mannfred’s benefit, like he’s following the letter of the Nagash’s commands but wants to keep back his resources.

Yeah I thought could be a feint focusing forces there rather than elsewhere or could he be setting it up so he appears to be be defeated to perhaps give him some distance from Nagash? Very interested in how Alarielle is affected through these developments .. [bring on the Kurnothi]..

Thos zombies look interesting.. clearly have the tree roots thing but more upright than the Cursed City ones and no tombstones on their backs.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Super hyped for those who wanted different Deadwalkers to Cursed City!! This weekend may be the best Preview in a long while!! Again just so happy for you guys.

Seriously, let's stop and appreciate for a moment how unexpected it is that we are apparently getting a refresh of large parts of the Legions of Nagash range! I definitely didn't have a new Wight King or Fell Bats on my 2021 bingo card.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

It's either BR : Manfred or BR : Alarielle.....

... But I would say the later, as Alarielle was mentioned in the initial BR reveal, Nurgle is her nemesis, and Invidia is certainly in Ghyran, not in Ghur ;) , aka Alarielle's Realm. 

New Zombies kit is unexpected given the ones in CC, but maybe the nailed, distorted tools we've seen in the Rumor engines are part of the new set ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Jokes aside, it's another type of Deadwalker zombie, right? Maybe the tombstone guys won't be a replacement for the old kit after all.

Look like they've got wood coming out of them like the Cursed City zombies, so presumably they're the same 'thing' but the tombstone thing might be unique to the Cursed City models.

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Look like they've got wood coming out of them like the Cursed City zombies, so presumably they're the same 'thing' but the tombstone thing might be unique to the Cursed City models.

I would assume that branches growing out of bodies are the new general zombie aesthetic and that these guys and the tomb stone zombies are separate, distinct units. Would be good, because before Deadwalkers had only Zombies and Direwolves. They would definitely need more units to become a real subfaction.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would assume that branches growing out of bodies are the new general zombie aesthetic and that these guys and the tomb stone zombies are separate, distinct units. Would be good, because before Deadwalkers had only Zombies and Direwolves. They would definitely need more units to become a real subfaction.

I would be shocked if they're separate units. I think they're just alternate sculpts (and I love the variety offered by alternate sculpts!).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They also have the Corpse Cart, which I always wanted and never had the excuse to buy. Now if they make a deadwalker subfaction or something, it will be my wallet's ruin. Also, probably the zombie ogors of Cursed City will be deadwalker too right?

• Like 1

Deadwalker expansion? Thought it was the least likely of the original death factions but...

Always thought some room for a fun and disgusting couple of units for expansion.

Corpse carts collecting dead units in battle and 'crafting' zombies, wolves, flesh golems and zombie dragons from the remains as summonable units!

1 hour ago, drcrater said:

They also have the Corpse Cart, which I always wanted and never had the excuse to buy. Now if they make a deadwalker subfaction or something, it will be my wallet's ruin. Also, probably the zombie ogors of Cursed City will be deadwalker too right?

I bet they update the corpse cart sculpt just like the Nighthaunt got an updated Black Coach (and OBR got that Harvester).

I think the key part for me of the new BR story was that Mannfred didn't really summon the daemon to have a look at the situation in Ghyran, though obviously that was part of it, but to deliver a message (of sorts) or at least ensure certain information got back to Papa Nurgle

Wheels within wheels, feints, subterfuges, misdirection and betrayals, good old Fred

also let me just join in the chorus of CORPSE CART! CORPSE CART! CORPSE CART!

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 22.27.45.png

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m not gonna lie, when I thought of factions that are likely to get revamps Deadwalkers were not high on the list, yet here we are! There’s only so much you can do with regular Zombies, so I reckon they’ll get around 4-5 new kits - those being new zombies, new corpse cart, new dire wolves, big muscular guys (in the vein of the kosargi nightguard, if not the nightguard themselves) and MAYBE a Gorslav-esque hero. This is all pure speculation ofc but gosh dang it I did not know how much I wanted a full zombie army until now.

1 hour ago, drcrater said:

8 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I’m not gonna lie, when I thought of factions that are likely to get revamps Deadwalkers were not high on the list, yet here we are! There’s only so much you can do with regular Zombies, so I reckon they’ll get around 4-5 new kits - those being new zombies, new corpse cart, new dire wolves, big muscular guys (in the vein of the kosargi nightguard, if not the nightguard themselves) and MAYBE a Gorslav-esque hero. This is all pure speculation ofc but gosh dang it I did not know how much I wanted a full zombie army until now.

If we get a full on Zombie Ogor unit as per the Deadwalkers that would be amazing!! And also gives me hope for new Ogor kits.

I'm really hoping there is a new Zombie/Frankenstein's Monster Deadwalker Behemoth unit!!

every range needs something big and ridiculous so I'm hoping for some kind of massive flesh golem, loads of zombies fused together into some kind of twisted gargant sized abomination along with a Zombie Queen

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that this heralds an entire revamp of what will likely be a small part of the larger Gravelords line. Zombies and Dire Wolves are almost a given now, but units like the Necromancers and Corpse Carts are still very recent plastic sculpts, and GW doesn't update those very often.

• Like 6