The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Getting a dwarf vibe off that- well constructed/engineered plus the blurb [which may have nothing to do with it] - hints days long past. Looks very clean for 40k imperium.. probably wishful thinking on my part though. 

The text never has anything to do with it, and in this case the ‘days long past’ is just the day the rumour engine is posted. It’s talking with the present being the day the model is revealed. 

42 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know, I think this looks non-futuristic enough to be AoS. I think the safest bet is probably Kharadron, but I would love if it was new Ironweld Arsenal stuff for Cities.

I wouldn't rule out non-KO dwarves for this one. It's low tech enough to be fantasy, but also not really Kharadron's style, similar to the last dwarf looking rumor engine we got.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, madmac said:

I wouldn't rule out non-KO dwarves for this one. It's low tech enough to be fantasy, but also not really Kharadron's style, similar to the last dwarf looking rumor engine we got.

It reminds me a bit of the valves on the Irondrakes' drakeguns and their horn.

Ok, so if OBRs basic infantry had been more designed like that and less cartoony I'd of been all over them!! The idea behind that army is really cool but the model execution just killed it for me.  That design is just awesome and screams ancient elite bone construct warrior!! Hopefully they get a kit like those and I'll just convert them to basic infantry. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Aleser said:

PyQhdxExvIz2qhmH.jpg

This guy looks like an absolute badass, he is obviously a type of Soulreaper  but the design is so much more intimidating and imposing. The face and head overall just looks much more mean. His proportions are much more "heroic" as well. It really does make a large contrast to the standard reaper when you look at them both at the same time:

Ossiarch bonereapers: Mortisan Soulreaper - Fanatic

Looks like the new guy is possibly on a 40mm base?

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 1

PyQhdxExvIz2qhmH.jpg

Dunno why but I'm getting a Resident Evil 4 Verdugo vibe... well, I guess there are some very basic similarities... either way, it's a cool model!
Still not a big fan of the "striped" armor personally but it's less the sculpt and more the paintjob I think. 

10 minutes ago, Kronos said:

He’s amazing! Thats the kind of OBR I can really get into. Hope he’s not just a one off cool character for underworlds and becomes a unit. 

This sentence: "This is the first time that we’ve seen a Mortisan Executioner in the Mortal Realms, and as you might expect from someone who carries such a big axe, he’s pretty handy in a fight" makes me believe that there is going to be either a future unit or a future heroe called "Mortisan Executioner". And probably the archers too.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, MitGas said:

PyQhdxExvIz2qhmH.jpg

He is for sure Stalker sized, he has the same arms (just 1 pair though!) and also the same legs. I like the idea of a monstrous hero for the bonereapers, if he got a new command ability etc that might really push the guard and stalkers forward a bit. Considering his name and size he is probably also a real fighty boy at 7-8 wound range, probably slower and without the extra RDP the liege gets, but more choppy for the points, that would be my guess at least.

image.png.b2fd3fa375cb481114736f30eacd67be.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

Man's got his Destruction schtick, can't fault him for sticking to it!

I think it's Blood Knights, GW I think wants to phase out finecast/metal soonish, so since soulblight is getting a bunch of dudes it'd make sense

Haha I gotta support my Alliance!!

30 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

This sentence: "This is the first time that we’ve seen a Mortisan Executioner in the Mortal Realms, and as you might expect from someone who carries such a big axe, he’s pretty handy in a fight" makes me believe that there is going to be either a future unit or a future heroe called "Mortisan Executioner". And probably the archers too.

I agree mate, this screams future unit with its wording. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

Agreed that is definitely a trademarked unit name reference (since he won't be called that in the Underworlds game proper). Also agree with others that this is my favorite OBR model to date. Much more menacing.

• Like 1

****** this guy slaps. And he’s a wizard! He’s certainly a new kind of Mortisian, even if he shares the head-crest of the Soulreaper, but then the Soulreapers already were the most martial class of hero of the Mortisian caste.

Good spot on the size, this is a big boy.

• Like 1

Just now, zilberfrid said:

Note that something similar was said with the Kurnothi, which is now expanded with the decidedly Wanderer looking Quest hero.

Sure but that was also just the name "Kurnothi", which is akin to "Ossiarch Bonereapers." This is a much more narrowly defined name that implies a specific unit type within the army "Mortisian Executioner."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

****** this guy slaps. And he’s a wizard! He’s certainly a new kind of Mortisian, even if he shares the head-crest of the Soulreaper, but then the Soulreapers already were the most martial class of hero of the Mortisian caste.

Good spot on the size, this is a big boy.

Hahahaha mate you saying 'This guy slaps' gave me such a laugh!!

He is an amazing looking model and my favourite of the Ossiarch range. 

Does anyone else get the feeling the IDK warband may be all Aquatic Beasts led by a Beastmaster? The Crab Claw could actually be a Crab!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4

I love that new Reaper model! Humanoid and yet bony and alien all in one - very strange and creepy! Love it! 

The face is a big difference as he's not got a mouth as such and instead has gone for almost a helmet designed face. 

His stance and shape and such actually remind me a bit of the undead character Shriek from the film Mortal Engines. 

• Like 2