The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Luckily, the models don't have them. Which makes this inclusion on the art even weirder

Yeah - it's a totally inconsistent detail. In that Warhammer Community article, they even put a card underneath where the art clearly shows the Saurus with a totally different chest - not only no nipples, but a big ridge instead of a six pack. I know it's nitpicky but it's a really bizarre mistake IMO.

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Out of all the possible preorders, honestly this warband satisfies me the most. As a very enthusiastic seraphon enjoyer, I was excited about those ever since thry were announced, and seeing that UW warbands are not that expensive, I'll be able to order them right away

Honestly the Chameleon skink is just gorgeous 

1 hour ago, Jymmy said:

I hope not, I would like to see the box models as something exclusive of the setting and not some ordinary battleline repurposed

I don't agree. Finally we have some recent order humans (except for the warpriest, which was dumped), I hope they give them a place in AoS proper.

But then I think all these heroes are beautiful.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't agree. Finally we have some recent order humans (except for the warpriest, which was dumped), I hope they give them a place in AoS proper.

But then I think all these heroes are beautiful.

I really hope the Warpriest will get a second life once Devoted of Sigmar/Knights of Azyr get an official release. The Doomseeker got a reissue so I hope the Warpriest does as well. The generic human models are quickly becoming my favourites which is stunning as I am never a big fan of regular humans in fantasy settings.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I really hope the Warpriest will get a second life once Devoted of Sigmar/Knights of Azyr get an official release. The Doomseeker got a reissue so I hope the Warpriest does as well. The generic human models are quickly becoming my favourites which is stunning as I am never a big fan of regular humans in fantasy settings.

I wouldn't say they are regular humans. Have you SEEN the swagger of the guy with the saber and pistol? The realms are not ready for that amount of presence in regular humans.

I get the feeling the designer of the Empire Nobility Blood Bowl team also made designs for these guys. Which I absolutely love. I'm currently magnetizing those so they can use whatever weapons I want them too as a Frostgrave warband (though Warcry would also work perfectly fine).

About the Warpriest, I'm afraid he's dead, and reanimated as knight questor #47.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I wouldn't say they are regular humans. Have you SEEN the swagger of the guy with the saber and pistol? The realms are not ready for that amount of presence in regular humans.

Hahaha, I think that might be why I like them. I also forgot about the Stormpriest Eternal model was that ever confirmed in canon because I assume the inevitable human faction will still need a Warpriest with birdogo...

I hope we get to see a 360 view of all the Cursed City models soon. I really wanna see Brutogg from different angles. Once I'm finished my Kraken Eater (I currently have no pile of grey shame and am keeping myself that way) I'm going to start my Ogor Mawtribes back up again and want him for my Tyrant!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Hahaha, I think that might be why I like them. I also forgot about the Stormpriest Eternal model was that ever confirmed in canon because I assume the inevitable human faction will still need a Warpriest with birdogo...

I don't think it was ever spoken about, but the elements are all there.

The only kq with a hammer, held high in the same pose as he did in life, the book is on his belt, and he's also the only one with a dark skin.

Rest in peace.

download (2).jpeg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

This was probably already brought up, but I just noticed that almost all the older soulblight models on the games workshop website are "Sold out online". 

Do we think that the Cursed city models will eventually get released as their own separate sets? Then the question is, if your only interested in the models, what's a better buy? The Game and all its paraphernalia now, or the individual boxes later?

I’m personally looking forward to the game as much as the models, but if you only want the models you can buy the game and sell the box and the contents on eBay. You’ll get a decent price, especially if you wait until the game is out of print. I recently sold Shadows over Hammerhal with no miniatures for £60.

I really want to paint the cursed city models, maybe do some minor conversions. But I expect I won't be playing the game. Do you think there are enough people who want to buy the cursed city game with painted models? maybe I shouldn't do conversions if I'm planning on sell the set? 

Well we got ourselves a good ol' fashioned preview again next Saturday. I reckon it'll be more 40k focussed this one though. 

From the teaser images there's definitely an Ad Mech character but the other 2 I can't tell. The archer almost reminds me of the House Escher lot but they've already had their release. The bow looks too techy to be Kurnothi/Aelven.

Edit: Oh actually it could well be an OB archer for the upcoming warband. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Well we got ourselves a good ol' fashioned preview again next Saturday. I reckon it'll be more 40k focussed this one though. 

From the teaser images there's definitely an Ad Mech character but the other 2 I can't tell. The archer almost reminds me of the House Escher lot but they've already had their release. The bow looks too techy to be Kurnothi/Aelven.

That archer on the right I feel it will be from the Ossiarch Warband.

Well, we will have to wait to see what news do they share about AoS, and if they say something about Broken Realms releasing dates!

• Like 7

Left looks like a hand gripping the blade. I want to say a Vampire, but that's a bit obvious. The helmet reminds me of Dark Elves but that seems unlikely. Could also be something for Chaos/StD with the third BR.

Centre is the Skitarii Alpha, or just something Mechanicus.

Right is, as everybody's said, probably an Ossiarch archer for Underworlds.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Any clues on the silhouettes? 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/13/a-new-warhammer-preview-online-airs-next-saturday/

MpXjRLuQjMHaYtlo.jpg

I see Malerion Cold One Knight, Admech and Marvel's Hawkeye...

Awwwwww yeah, it’s that time of month again folks! From left to right it looks like we have a Soulblight of some kind, AdMech, and an Ossiarch archer. 

That bow looks like someone tore apart a pelvis god that's brutal.

The pointy elf appears to have some kind of harpoon weapon. Is this the Pirate army we've always dreamed of?

The Admech looking fella, I'm guessing, will fit a Skitarri HQ choice in 40k.

Looks like another big one for AOS from that

• Like 1