The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

As to rumours, I had this thought a while ago.

What if, during the events (most likely finale) of the broken realms, a realm literally gets broken?

I mean, during some collosal battle or a magical ritual, one of the realms literally gets shattered into thousands of smaller realm-bits, travellable only by realmgates, or even isolated forever. I admit that this theory was more plausible back when some of the realms didn't have any mapped regions. The only realm without a map is Azyr, and while perhaps Gordrakks ram could maybe break it, it would perhaps be too big of an event.

But still, if I remember correctly, the announcement article for BR literally said ,,Realms will be broken". What do you guys think? Is it a plausible idea and if so, which realm could it be?

It would be fitting to have the books of the elves end in realms being broken.

We'd then need to have a few books about dwarves to fix it again.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m starting to feel like that the campaignbooks are basically there  to make the already good stuff, so broken, that only a hot fix with a new edition could repair it.

maybe that’s the reason it is called the broken realms

Yea those pesky slaves to darkness chariot battalions and Liberator spam stormkeeps are absolutely wrecking the meta, I don't think the game will recover any time soon ;) DoK already got a new book anyway, so guess it is broken realms: omg sharks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Yea those pesky slaves to darkness chariot battalions and Liberator spam stormkeeps are absolutely wrecking the meta, I don't think the game will recover any time soon ;) DoK already got a new book anyway, so guess it is broken realms: omg sharks

I believe I said the truly good  armies becoming broken😝.

2 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

As to rumours, I had this thought a while ago.

What if, during the events (most likely finale) of the broken realms, a realm literally gets broken?

I mean, during some collosal battle or a magical ritual, one of the realms literally gets shattered into thousands of smaller realm-bits, travellable only by realmgates,

You mean Chamon? Because that's literally what Chamon is like. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the only map we got of Chamon is the one of the Spiral Crux, which is one of Chamon's sub realms.

18 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m starting to feel like that the campaignbooks are basically there  to make the already good stuff, so broken, that only a hot fix with a new edition could repair it.

maybe that’s the reason it is called the broken realms

It's hard to speculate what a new edition coming out might mean for balancing. For example, we have been seeing more and more strong shooting factions enter the game for a while. Right now, that looks like GW wants to buff shooting. But it might be a lead up to changes to the core rules for shooting in 3rd edition, which could overall reduce ranged power again. Since GW is not going to revise battletomes in the shift to the next edition, they might have to design the rules in these books knowing that they will be out of balance now, but OK after the next edition drops.

That seems like it could be a logical consequence of how GW updates faction and core rules, but it is still not great if it means we have to live through a periode of fairly bad balance for a while. I am still curious to see what will happen after the new Lumineth tome. If Lumineth only gain rules and don't lose any of their current option, I can't see how that update can possibly be balanced to be anything less than game breaking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So far there's only one certain thing of the new books which is that full unit discounts are going away.

Which is honestly a nice move because when you get a discount for making full units you're encouraged to only use full units so you think in full units. Now full units are still the most durable and powerful, but without the full unit discount you're free to mix things up a bit. To take a 20 and 10 instead of 30 so that you've still got a hard hitting block, but you've also got 10 troops split off who can either support the 20 or can go to do their own thing. It opens up more options to allowing variety in list building without punishing the player in points. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Random said:

You mean Chamon? Because that's literally what Chamon is like. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the only map we got of Chamon is the one of the Spiral Crux, which is one of Chamon's sub realms.

And here I was, thinking I know my AoS lore. That's really intereseting and I'm surprised I'm only learning it now. Makes my breaking of realm theory less likely, still not impossible tho

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's hard to speculate what a new edition coming out might mean for balancing. For example, we have been seeing more and more strong shooting factions enter the game for a while. Right now, that looks like GW wants to buff shooting. But it might be a lead up to changes to the core rules for shooting in 3rd edition, which could overall reduce ranged power again. Since GW is not going to revise battletomes in the shift to the next edition, they might have to design the rules in these books knowing that they will be out of balance now, but OK after the next edition drops.

That seems like it could be a logical consequence of how GW updates faction and core rules, but it is still not great if it means we have to live through a periode of fairly bad balance for a while. I am still curious to see what will happen after the new Lumineth tome. If Lumineth only gain rules and don't lose any of their current option, I can't see how that update can possibly be balanced to be anything less than game breaking.

Mate,

I’ve been basically throwing out jokes through and through.

I have literally  no idea what gw is up too😉

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

And here I was, thinking I know my AoS lore. That's really intereseting and I'm surprised I'm only learning it now. Makes my breaking of realm theory less likely, still not impossible tho

Given the literal name of "Broken Realms" I'm not counting it out either. Who knows what they'll come up with.

But Chamon is still a bit of a puzzle that needs some fleshing out either way. When its all literal "sub-realms", meaning minirealms with their own magical borders, then how "firm" is the Spiral Crux's magical border, which is right in the middle of the realm, where magic is weakest? I don't remember the Core Book mentioning anything about how the sub realms actually work, besides being connected to each other by realm gates and "other ways".

I think it would've worked better thematically, if Chamon's continents/shards/islands were basically floating in the air inside the bubble that is Chamon. It would fit especially due to it being the home of the KO. My only lore question then would be: how do shards like the Spiral Crux sustain their oceans if they all flow off the sides? Deepkin gates?

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

So far there's only one certain thing of the new books which is that full unit discounts are going away.

Which is honestly a nice move because when you get a discount for making full units you're encouraged to only use full units so you think in full units. Now full units are still the most durable and powerful, but without the full unit discount you're free to mix things up a bit. To take a 20 and 10 instead of 30 so that you've still got a hard hitting block, but you've also got 10 troops split off who can either support the 20 or can go to do their own thing. It opens up more options to allowing variety in list building without punishing the player in points. 

Agreed. Just from a gameplay perspective, large units are already among the best value in the game, while also being kind of frustrating to play with/against. There is really no reason to further incentivize taking large units. Maybe with an exception for certain armies where being a horde is part of the intended aesthetic/playstyle.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mate,

I get that, of course. But I think it's interesting to speculate where GW is going with their recent rules writing decisions.

Now back to memeing.

Age of Sigmar: Broken Realms? MORE LIKE AGE OF SHOOTMAR: BROKEN GAME, AM I RITE????

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mate,

obviously the next model to come out is malerion riding on a sky grot ship piloted by clan eshin so he can attack the silent ones

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

obviously the next model to come out is malerion riding on a sky grot ship piloted by clan eshin so he can attack the silent ones

Who gets stab-killed by  the first daemon prince, who in addition explodes in a bubble of poisonous-warpstone fused fungus spore, while the silent ratkin Assassins, watch-sees the hilarious  death of two idiotic non skaven things.

All part of the great Horned ones plan.

Yes-yes

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Good, in a game that already seems to reward full power units, through taking and controlling objectives, giving them a price discount was not only redundant it often made list building much less intuitive. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boar said:

Thanks, so that was this article. Most of those are just seemingly random, but who knows?

I wouldn't say they're random.

Things that have come out/been teased since that are alluded to in the article:

- Jakkob Bugmansson

- Khanite Shadowstalkers/spies agents of Morathi

- Broken Realms Morathi

- Slaanesh (including Slaanesh breaking free)

- Soulblight

- Seraphon Warband