The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Siphon said:

He has to be getting a new warscroll for this model right?   I mean the 8 wound current warscroll, doesn’t do this justice. 

Since he's now the size of a greater demon (if you look at the bloodletters) I think he'll go up in power beyond all of the current greater demons in certain ways.

I use him quite often in friendly games. and he's never not a pain in the ass for my opponents. some mortal wounds will obviously erase him quickly. Unlike ethereal units he can improve his save while still ignoring rend (which is a skill I hope they keep + add some mortal wound protection). The dark master ability is also pretty strong since with some luck you can severely cripple your opponents biggest baddy for a whole round.

Edited by Warfiend

I would prefer if we get 2 Warscrolls...

One as the old version, which is totally fine rulewise. Especially for a 240?! points model. One could use the older Finecast model to play him.

And then the new pumped up version Warscroll for the new model which will be like 400-500 points and does the new model and size justice.

8 minutes ago, rosa said:

One as the old version, which is totally fine rulewise. Especially for a 240?! points model. One could use the older Finecast model to play him.

And then the new pumped up version Warscroll for the new model which will be like 400-500 points and does the new model and size justice.

Unfortunately that won't happen.

Meh, not a fan of the size. But for whatever reason (cough cough who am I kidding, $$$ is the reason), there seems to be a clear design instruction that every faction has to have a big named centerpiece model now.

Oh well, I guess it's less temptation. 

Edited by yukishiro1

9 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Wonder if Sigmar is inbound?

Eh, I wouldn’t count in it. The Celestant-Prime - despite being really underpowered for what it is - is probably the closest we’ll get to seeing to Siggy Diggy on the battlefield itself. Same for Gordrakk and Gorkamorka.

35 minutes ago, rosa said:

At least the old one is the same size as a Daemon Prince, so he is still usable.

3 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Wonder if Sigmar is inbound?

Between Goddess Morathi, Sigvald, Lumineth HatLords and now Be'Lakor, Ol' Man Sigmar had to go back to the drawing board and open the High Fashion Chamber before he can realistically take to the field... 

In all seriousness would Sigmar come with Dracothion or just as a big Ol' Stormcast model?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

In all seriousness would Sigmar come with Dracothion or just as a big Ol' Stormcast model?

Smaug-Sized on Dracothion 😍

Srsly though: both would need to be separate. Also if Sigmar ever joined the fray, his rules would almost certainly be underwhelming. I‘d rather him empower the Celestant prime.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, rosa said:

It will probably be one warscroll and you have to deal with Changes like with Morathi's 3 shes had in the last year.

The premise of his broken realm seems to be his long game is finally coming to fruition and his masterplan is here. So probably getting a big buff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dankboss said:

Unfortunately that won't happen.

It is not without precedent. Legions of Nagash got to keep the old warscroll and mini for the Black Coach after the new Nighthaunt version came out. No doubt the old ‘Legion’ Black Coach will disappear when the LoN battletome is replaced (one of the last AoS v1.0 battletomes left).

Not saying that there will be an old STD Be’lakor and a new Chaos Ascendent Be’lakor. Just saying such a thing is not without precedent.

• Thanks 1

My hype and anticipation  for 3.0 keeps building when I think about Destruction!! Gloomspite had a revamp in 2019 and then the Sons dropped at the end of 2020. Besides a few Underworlds Warbands and a Tyrant for Mawtribes, that's really all they've recieved. I cannot wait to see what's in store for them!! 

• Like 3

New Be'lakor model is awesome, particularly  big fan of the posing of the lower half of his body and his base. I wonder what his army will end up looking like, an expansion to the Legion of Chaos Ascendant maybe?

What I find interesting about the article is that every reference to Broken Realms: Be'lakor refers to it as the NEXT book in the series, it just seems like an odd way to word that considering we still don't even have a release date for BR: Teclis yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warfiend said:

Since he's now the size of a greater demon (if you look at the bloodletters) I think he'll go up in power beyond all of the current greater demons in certain ways.

I use him quite often in friendly games. and he's never not a pain in the ass for my opponents. some mortal wounds will obviously erase him quickly. Unlike ethereal units he can improve his save while still ignoring rend (which is a skill I hope they keep + add some mortal wound protection). The dark master ability is also pretty strong since with some luck you can severely cripple your opponents biggest baddy for a whole round.

How does he improve his save?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Who ever designed Belakor deserves recognition on a scale outside of the Warhammer community. That thing is a literal piece of art, its absolutely stunning.

@Neverchosen @JackStreicher I'm so glad you guys are pleased with the results!!

Thanks my friend,

It is a really awesome model and I cannot wait to see the magic @JackStreicher works on Be'Lakor... whereas mine will likely need a comedic level of moody lighting and vaseline on the lens to pass as an acceptable paintjob. It will still probably be the coolest model in my collection which is saying something as the proud owner of a 'new' Beastclaw army. I am really hoping that he will be playable in Slaves to Darkness but as I said already there are some very easy work arounds on that matter and he will find his way to the tabletop either way. I just imagine that in a years time I will have a bunch of grey plastic demons waiting for some paint.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Warfiend said:

that's the other side of the coin.... I don't think there currently is a spell or effect that can increase his save.

I'm confused, I thought you said he can improve it, unlike ethereal units? I thought I'd missed something and got excited that he could get a better save haha.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Smaug-Sized on Dracothion 😍

Srsly though: both would need to be separate. Also if Sigmar ever joined the fray, his rules would almost certainly be underwhelming. I‘d rather him empower the Celestant prime.

It is important to remember that "Gods" in this setting aren't nearly as powerful as you'd often think. Katakros held his own against Sigmar himself in a duel, and not even Gal Maraz could permamently slay him. I don't think there's anything in the lore that says Sigmar is any more powerful than Nagash, Teclis, Tyrion, Alarielle, etc., all of whom have playable models.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Thanks my friend,

It is a really awesome model and I cannot wait to see the magic @JackStreicher works on Be'Lakor... whereas mine will likely need a comedic level of moody lighting and vaseline on the lens to pass as an acceptable paintjob. It will still probably be the coolest model in my collection which is saying something as the proud owner of a 'new' Beastclaw army. I am really hoping that he will be playable in Slaves to Darkness but as I said already there are some very easy work arounds on that matter and he will find his way to the tabletop either way. I just imagine that in a years time I will have a bunch of grey plastic demons waiting for some paint.

Be’lakor doesn’t look that hard to paint. The problem is that one really needs Kairos   to accompany him ( the Mortal Realm’s ultimate trolling duo). And doing all that blending of colours on the feathers is quite tricky.

• Haha 1