The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

So, hes standing over a dead chaos warriors, and the recent short story is probably him planning to kill Archeon. 

So new faction or Chaos Undivided getting a look in as a mixed chaos force 

Have you ever been told the tale of Cobra Commander the cowardly and Serpentor? Definitely not from a Jedi but perhaps your friendly comic book guy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I like Bel'Akor and I kinda like his rules in (AoS) games.

I like this miniature but I absolutely DON'T like what I'll get in game:

- Base is (awfully) too big for this character which is not a major daemon like Kairos/LoC/etc... and compared to Daemon princes and old Bel'Akor mini.

- Additionally, making him on top of a decor, make the whole mini even higher.

- Size of the body is ok but the wings are way too large, making him extremely difficult to hide, especially in 40K

- oversized mini means again extremly expensive mini. 

I don't know if I'll replace my actual Bel'akor (which is not pretty to say the less) with this one that I like the design but I don't like what I got for the game...

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

It's the second time when they advertise a product as massive, gigantic, titanic and then they show the mini compared to other long ago released minis and they don't seem that enormous at all. By the video he seems to be of a standard Bloodthirster size. Same story was with Mega-Gargants. I haven't seen them in real life but on the pics taken by people they weren't so big at all. Smaller than Archaon or Teclis if I recall correctly.

Great mini by the way, just don't like the way it is advertised.

I mean I think that he is extremely large... for a Demon Prince. I think that for 40k he will have rules like a Primarch and the size will be balanced by the rules. As for AOS he is massive compared to the other demon princes either the standard one or Syll'esske. I think that size is always relative and in this case I do not think that they were exaggerating. 

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Oh, my S2D will love this (I hope)

I am with you there but I am getting him either way. Heck maybe if Be'Lakor is shunted off to a new Demonic Chaos faction, I may have found my Archaon Proxy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Neverchosen said:

I am with you there but I am getting him either way. Heck maybe if Be'Lakor is shunted off to a new Demonic Chaos faction, I may have found my Archaon Proxy! 

I am with you since I hate Archaon and refuse to get him. Be’lakor will be my faction leader :D

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Literally made an entire shadow daemons of chaos undivided army based around the last be'lakor model so this just shot to the top of my "must purchase " list. 

As classic as the old pose is, the second one shown is so sinister and powerful.

After the new Chaos Furies and the Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes, I was only waiting for a new Be'lakor to go full Chaos Daemons again...

Let's say I am not disappointed now 😈

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Dreddships said:

I do wonder whether S2D and Chaos Ascendant might become completely separate factions ala. CSM and Daemons in 40k... 

I hope you can take Belekor in either if so; Slaves to Darkness isn't Archaon's fan group. There are probably many chaos lords and daemon princes  who don't like the Everchosen and wouldn't bend the knee unless forced. 

Personally I'd like it if Belekor got his own subfaction in Slaves to Darkness as well as his own mini army. One for undivided mortals and one for undivided daemons, and maybe a way to bring them together.  

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Please no 😕

i hope for a Chaos Mortal Ascendant together with all daemons (Grand Alliance Chaos so to say)

That's what I'm wondering.

Slaves having some rules to be able to take 'god specific' mortals as conditional battleline as a *mortals* faction eg. 'If your General has a Mark of Nurgle, Blightkings are battleline'. 

• LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I mean I think that he is extremely large... for a Demon Prince. I think that for 40k he will have rules like a Primarch and the size will be balanced by the rules. As for AOS he is massive compared to the other demon princes either the standard one or Syll'esske. I think that size is always relative and in this case I do not think that they were exaggerating.

"Now, we said Be’lakor’s new model is “enormous” (other descriptions included “massive”, “titanic”, and “bigger in some dimensions than a rotisserie chicken”)"

That's from warhammer community. It doesn't say "big for a demon prince". After these quoted words I expected him to be a head taller than other Chaos minis. 

• Confused 2

I really hope at some point we get a new daemon prince model - the current one is fine, but seeing Belekor it could be so much more. Total wishlisting but it'd be great to have one with customisable god parts, weapons, heads and torsos so it could represent close to any character. 

The current one is a bit, well, generic for what's meant to be the strangest and most unique looking type of daemon

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

"Now, we said Be’lakor’s new model is “enormous” (other descriptions included “massive”, “titanic”, and “bigger in some dimensions than a rotisserie chicken”)"

That's from warhammer community. It doesn't say "big for a demon prince". After these quoted words I expected him to be a head taller than other Chaos minis. 

I dunno, I still feel those descriptors are applicable and as I said size is relative. He will tower over my Chaos army including a fellow demon prince. But to each their own and maybe I would agree if I had a bunch of Greater Demons.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I really hope at some point we get a new daemon prince model - the current one is fine, but seeing Belekor it could be so much more. Total wishlisting but it'd be great to have one with customisable god parts, weapons, heads and torsos so it could represent close to any character. 

The current one is a bit, well, generic for what's meant to be the strangest and most unique looking type of daemon

Agreed, the current daemon prince plastic mini is sadly rubbish, really shows its pedigree as something made when GW's CAD/new plastic modelling techniques were still finding their feet. Awkward or crude/chunky details, jagged toy-like angles, big flat spaces. The 40k version in particular was a sharp step down from the amazing metal mini.

image.png.555923b1345f702972f80ff60dd07c78.png

image.png.cc911710127b516117685503759f7ca3.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

So, hes standing over a dead chaos warriors, and the recent short story is probably him planning to kill Archeon. 

So new faction or Chaos Undivided getting a look in as a mixed chaos force 

I imagine it will be just a change to Legion of Chaos Ascendant. Maybe they will get thier own book. But it will probably stick to Broken Realms for a while (they have been stuck in Wrath of the Everchosen up until now).

30 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

After the new Chaos Furies and the Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes, I was only waiting for a new Be'lakor to go full Chaos Daemons again...

Let's say I am not disappointed now 😈

Ditto! Always preferred the more Undivided look. I myself just want to do a proper Demon's Soul style army. Be'lakor is the big bad with an army of undead, knights and Undivided Demons. Ah man I can't wait, Bel looks so damn good. 

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Hey, he passed for a lot of troubles!!! 

I know... I merely jest. the old Be'lakor was always my favorite model since I got it as a teen in 2004. It was one of the models that I actually painted nicely back then too. (It's now laying in my future project box as loose parts, didn't pin  it in 2004). Since I didn't hobby for many years until a few years back  it fell apart and the paint severely chipped from moving the box around, that contained most of my pewter chaos models.

Now with this guy coming I will probably rebuild the old one as use it as a demon prince along side the big boss.

• Sad 1