The Rumour Thread

For this weeks pre-order I am hoping for Cursed City.

My wild fantasy would be Soulblight (Iknow that simply isn't going to happen)

Failing either of those, the Drukhari codex just to troll the AoS Aelfsies with 40k Dark Aeldari.  😆

Edited by Souleater
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Souleater said:

For this weeks pre-order I am hoping for Cursed City.

My wild fantasy would be Soulblight (Iknow that simply isn't going to happen)

Failing either of those, the Drukhari codex just to troll the AoS Aelfsies with 40k Dark Aeldari.  😆

I am thinking we will get Broken Realms before Cursed City as the special BR boxes are beginning to sell out... I would be happy with either way and we will see soon enough. Unless as you say it is Dark Eldar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Maybe, it’s possible as that gives time for broken realms to finish as I’m not sure how many novels that will be. I’m hoping for something cool destruction wise for 3.0 so I don’t think we will get a book on them.

I'm not expecting Destruction to appear in BR either. Maybe at the end of BR, Teclis will perhaps be like 'Wait a minute, all this fighting and not one Orruk, Ogor, Gargant or Grot has been seen? That's odd...' before turning about to see the Realm of Beasts on fire as the greatest Waaagh to ever plague the Realms makes it's way to Excelsis.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bayul said:

I am not sure about that. Do you really see any Destruction army being a part of starter boxes that appeal to Newcomers? Soulblight Gravelords are a saver bet even for veterans because they will buy up those boxes aswell. That scheme already worked with new Necron units in 40K.

I can totally see Destruction in a starter box.

Gloomspite have creative sculpts that nicely contrast the overly serious golden boys.

Beastclaw might also be chunky, but have a good distinction from Stormcast.

Ironjaws I don't see. Chunky dudes in armour vs uglier chunky dudes in armour is boring.

Behemat is also hard, doesn't scale well. Unless of course Snotlings are added.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah. Gloomspite have creative sculpts that nicely contrast the overly serious golden boys.

Ironjaws I don't see. Chunky dudes in armour vs uglier chunky dudes in armour is boring.

Destruction is the only Alliance to yet appear in a starter box for AOS. The narrative is heavily leaning towards 3.0 being for Destruction as 2.0 was for Death. I would be more suprised to NOT see a Destruction Faction in the Starter set.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Destruction is the only Alliance to yet appear in a starter box for AOS. The narrative is heavily leaning towards 3.0 being for Destruction as 2.0 was for Death. I would be more suprised to NOT see a Destruction Faction in the Starter set.

Absolutely agree. Especially Gloomspite would be a good contrast, but I could see Beastclaw. I'll reword a bit because my "Yeah" could be seen the wrong way.

• Like 2

Short question: How big is the new Sigvald model? The shoulderpads of his model are almost 1:1 to a design I did 15 years ago that I always wanted to turn into a miniature.... I plan on using Varanguard/slaughterpriest parts for the basis (before I procreate/greenstuff the hell outta it) to make a huge chaos lord but if Sigvald isn't too big, I'd save some time.

Thank you and sorry for the no-rumour question but I feel like spamming the board with a thread for such a question might be even worse...

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be more suprised to NOT see a Destruction Faction in the Starter set.

On the one hand you're right. They've done chaos, death, it seems to follow they'd do destruction. But there's one factor which makes me doubtful.

Both AoS starters reflected the focus of the narrative at that time. It launched with the realmgate wars, where Khorne was the ascendant god and the spear of Archaon's counter-attack against the Stromcast. The second chapter revolved around Nagash's schemes (building to Malign Sorcery and Wrath of the Everchosen). So in both cases, the faction set against the stormcast either represents their primary antagonist or is actually driving the narrative. 

Destruction isn't suited to being a primary antagonist. It's not impossible, but the majority of destruction factions have no coherent shared objective (the closest thing is the Gitz wanting to spread the everdank). Perhaps they could band together through a shared worship of Gorkamorka, but the fun is how different and vague their individual interpretations of him are.

Making destruction primary antagonists would risk ruining what makes them charming, the fact they're kind of arbitrary and reactive. Orruks, ogors and gargants aren't looking to rule the realms like Archaon or Nagash. They're all about eat, pray, fight. 

But since we're only 1 book into an at least 3 part Broken Realms saga, it's hard to guess where the next phase of story is going. The absence of destruction in them is suspicious ,maybe building to a starter, or maybe there's a 4th BR: Gordrakk book that they'll cram in before next ed. 

2 minutes ago, Klamm said:

On the one hand you're right. They've done chaos, death, it seems to follow they'd do destruction. But there's one factor which makes me doubtful.

Both AoS starters reflected the focus of the narrative at that time. It launched with the realmgate wars, where Khorne was the ascendant god and the spear of Archaon's counter-attack against the Stromcast. The second chapter revolved around Nagash's schemes (building to Malign Sorcery and Wrath of the Everchosen). So in both cases, the faction set against the stormcast either represents their primary antagonist or is actually driving the narrative. 

Destruction isn't suited to being a primary antagonist. It's not impossible, but the majority of destruction factions have no coherent shared objective (the closest thing is the Gitz wanting to spread the everdank). Perhaps they could band together through a shared worship of Gorkamorka, but the fun is how different and vague their individual interpretations of him are.

Making destruction primary antagonists would risk ruining what makes them charming, the fact they're kind of arbitrary and reactive. Orruks, ogors and gargants aren't looking to rule the realms like Archaon or Nagash. They're all about eat, pray, fight. 

But since we're only 1 book into an at least 3 part Broken Realms saga, it's hard to guess where the next phase of story is going. The absence of destruction in them is suspicious ,maybe building to a starter, or maybe there's a 4th BR: Gordrakk book that they'll cram in before next ed. 

I dunno if giving them focus is bad for them - back in old Warhammer Orcs (much like in 40k) and Goblins set aside their differences and went for a huge WAAAAGH as soon as big and bad enough orc warlord (who often had a vision of either Gork or Mork, usually after having suffered a major hit to his head) emerged. Giants and others followed. So if they gave them a good enough goal/reason, it wouldn't lessen their arbitrary ways IMO.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Klamm said:

The Broken Realms short story are building up a showdown at Excelsis. The very first short story showed an Orruk realizing something is coming, then we had a short story showing Gordrakk using his godbeast ram and asseambling an united DESTRUCTION force of Orruks, Grots, Ogors and Gargants, and there is a short story were Skragrott the Loonking receives a prophecy about him dying at the gates of Excelsis.  Plus the short story were Glutos and Sigvald get tasked with marching towards Excelsis too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Absolutely agree. Especially Gloomspite would be a good contrast, but I could see Beastclaw. I'll reword a bit because my "Yeah" could be seen the wrong way.

Oooh Mawtribes would be a great one of not Orruks!!

6 minutes ago, Klamm said:

The short stories being published during Broken Realms have shown that the Gits, Orruks, Ogors and Gargants have all come together under Gordrakk and his Waaagh. He has his Godbeast skull Siege Weapon and is making his way to Excelsis with Skagrrot in tow as well, who has his own plans on using the Gargants to his advantage. 

This is all happening whilst the other events of Broken Realms are going on so BR will either end with the great Waaagh arriving at Excelsis or will be the siege itself. This is Destruction leading the narrative.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Short question: How big is the new Sigvald model? The shoulderpads of his model are almost 1:1 to a design I did 15 years ago that I always wanted to turn into a miniature.... I plan on using Varanguard/slaughterpriest parts for the basis (before I procreate/greenstuff the hell outta it) to make a huge chaos lord but if Sigvald isn't too big, I'd save some time.

Thank you and sorry for the no-rumour question but I feel like spamming the board with a thread for such a question might be even worse...

I don't know how helpful this will be as I don't have a picture, but he's about 1.3× the size of a human model - I think you could transfer shoulder pads quite easily. Be warned that his hair touches the shoulder pads so you may need to make adjustments if you're using his head  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't know how helpful this will be as I don't have a picture, but he's about 1.3× the size of a human model - I think you could transfer shoulder pads quite easily. Be warned that his hair touches the shoulder pads so you may need to make adjustments if you're using his head  

Sounds about right scale-wise... the Varanguard are huge as well. Thanks a lot, that helped me quite a bit. :)

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I can totally see Destruction in a starter box.

Gloomspite have creative sculpts that nicely contrast the overly serious golden boys.

Well, in the novel Stormvault they shows a big siege machine created by Orruks. A huge effigy of Gorkamorka plenty of Spear Chukkas in a huge chariot. The classic Orruks could be a good acquisition for the Orruk Warclans.

Destruction lads are not only savage people, they could be conquerors, pirates, marauders or a warmachine nation of lads.

• Like 3

Haven't all core boxes for both aos & 40k been new ranges and pushfit for many years?

So unless there is a big orruk range release on the horizon i don't see it. I think its more likely wood/shadow elves, soulblight or even mortal chaos(marauder 2.0) at this point from what has been shown.

They could be keeping something big underwraps though. Who knows.

Edited by Svalack

1 minute ago, Svalack said:

Does that remove any possibility of teclis book this month? Was the dark eldar codex 20th for preorder or release i forgot. 

I suppose there's a chance that the Dark Eldar Codex and BR: Teclis both release on the same day to "catch up" but unfortunately I'm guessing Lumineth are pushed back to April.

• Sad 1