The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nagash42 said:

Sigmar needs to start garrisoning some of these cities outside of azyr with a few stormcast to stop these kind of things from happening to his people. 

I have a feeling by the end of Broken Realms all of the named Cities of Sigmar will be taken over by rival gods and Sigmar will be like "huh, I wonder if I should do something about this or stick around to deal with these Orruks knocking on the door". Then proceed to just open more Chambers to handle his problems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have a feeling by the end of Broken Realms all of the named Cities of Sigmar will be taken over by rival gods and Sigmar will be like "huh, I wonder if I should do something about this or stick around to deal with these Orruks knocking on the door". Then proceed to just open more Chambers to handle his problems. 

Yeah, Sigmar's last trump card, the new Masculinization chamber, is direly needed after the realms have been overrun by Aelves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Barring all new Factions, what would you guys like to see happen for Destruction in 3.0?

Personally I'm obviously really hoping for a dual King Brodd/Leader kit for the Sons of Behemat along with an updated Mancrusher for either AOS or Underworlds.

For Orruk Warclans I'd love to see a new influx of kits representing 'Standard Orruks'. Some classic big boys with choppas and some Archers. Gore Grunta Chariots are also a must. 

Gloomspite I would love to see more support for Spiderfang with their own troop type, almost the Bonesplitterz equivalent of a Grot with updated Spider Riders and perhaps even another Faction of Sun Grots with Rippa Snarlfang styled wolf riders and Chariots. 

Ogor Mawtribes. This is my big hope for 3.0 besides the Sons. I'd love for updated minis for Gluttons, Butchers, Gorgers, Yehtees, Frost Sabres, Icebrow Hunter, Slaughter Master and Gnoblars.

For Gluttons I'd be in awe if they made the posing more dynamic and they looked a bit more intimidating such as Corpse Eater from CC but with a Gutplate. 

Butchers and the Slaughter Master are quite nasty looking sculpts so they could look absolutely terrifying if they updated them.

Yehtees and Gorgers...amazing concept models let's give them their AOS twist!! Make them bestial and monstrous, proper scary!! 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Barring all new Factions, what would you guys like to see happen for Destruction in 3.0?

Personally I'm obviously really hoping for a dual King Brodd/Leader kit for the Sons of Behemat along with an updated Mancrusher for either AOS or Underworlds.

For Orruk Warclans I'd love to see a new influx of kits representing 'Standard Orruks'. Some classic big boys with choppas and some Archers. Gore Grunta Chariots are also a must. 

Gloomspite I would love to see more support for Spiderfang with their own troop type, almost the Bonesplitterz equivalent of a Grot with updated Spider Riders and perhaps even another Faction of Sun Grots with Rippa Snarlfang styled wolf riders and Chariots. 

Ogor Mawtribes. This is my big hope for 3.0 besides the Sons. I'd love for updated minis for Gluttons, Butchers, Gorgers, Yehtees, Frost Sabres, Icebrow Hunter, Slaughter Master and Gnoblars.

For Gluttons I'd be in awe if they made the posing more dynamic and they looked a bit more intimidating such as Corpse Eater from CC but with a Gutplate. 

Butchers and the Slaughter Master are quite nasty looking sculpts so they could look absolutely terrifying if they updated them.

Yehtees and Gorgers...amazing concept models let's give them their AOS twist!! Make them bestial and monstrous, proper scary!! 

I’d really like to see an expansion of the Firebellies into a full-blown subfaction for the Mawtribes to round them out and provide a nice contrast to the Beastclaws (Ah yes, the three elements - Ice, Fire, and M e a t). Maybe a big centrepiece of a priest riding a massive lava turtle or something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I’d like Spider Riders to get a new multi kit like the squig riders, as well as the ability to just run a horde of spiders honestly. We got ghosts and skeletons, now  let’s get some spiders and we’re one step closer to Halloween themed armies being super easy and customizable!

for ogors I want an expansion of Beastclaw Raiders first and foremost, they got shafted in 2.0 and it ain’t fair. I would also like the firebelly to be expanded upon, the idea of volcano worshippers just sounds awesome, and despite being finecast the model is excellent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I’d like to start a destruction army, that and chaos are the only ones I’m not sold by. With destruction if they did bonesplitters like the underworlds set I’d get them. Bug people interest me too. I’d also love to see a monkey/jungle yeetee race. I just want something for destruction that isn’t ogurs,orcs,goblins etc or at least redo the current lines so they are more dynamic. 

I'd like to see Orruks get some new ideas. I think whatever happened the design team wound up without ideas or direction with them. Heck at the start of AoS they had 3 armies as such and they were basically all doing the exact same things in each army, just with different styles of sculpt. I'd love to see some NEW ideas and difference between the heavy armour and wild versions as well as just some general new ideas. I think Orruks need a designer who gets them really well and who is allowed to run wild. They need an injection of some "energy" into their range to come into their own. 

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see boar chariots return and such, I just feel that I'd like to see some new Orruk ideas alongside such things. 

Orks in the Old World had variation and ideas and such, I'd like to see that pulled through into AoS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Obviously I want fancy new factions particularly Grotbag Scuttlers. I think it would be cool if they were a Grotfocused faction, but I would also like Destruction to be a little less homogenous and for Grots to be the captains and crew of the sky vessels with cut throat Orruks and Ogors to be the swashbuckling boarding parties. It would also break down the typical fantasy orc hierarchy of bigger is better.  Although, I would settle for a pure Grot army as well.

Sons of Behemat: I actually would like juvenile Gargants that are smaller than Mancrushers but bigger than ogres. They would be taken in units of three and could more easily open Sons of Behemat for smaller games like Warcry. Also I want a Chaotic version of the army... if 40k can have Chaos Knights we should have Chaos Sons!

Orruk Warclans: I really want a vicious Ironjawz chariot that can be built as a hero option. I think the piggies need a leader and this would be a cool option rather than simply putting a hero on a pig. The non-hero build would give another speedy option that would make cavalry armies feel more varied. I am less partial to bonesplitterz but I would like them more if they used the beasts they hunted and had some cool monster units in their ranks like maybe a harassing unit of wyvern riders that tamed some smaller wyverns. 

Gloomspite: I think that the sub-fations all need slight expansions. Above all else I would like for Troggoth's to get a plastic Hag that was part of the main line and not Forgeworld. I also think that Spider Riders should get forrest grots and moonclan to get some sort of artillery piece. 

Ogors: I will join the chorus in wanting some form of expansion to the Firebellies. I also think that we need a lot more plastic: Maneaters, Yehtees and Gorgers. But above all else I want a Gnoblar hero... the more useless the better. A 40 point Gnoblar hero that can barely hold an ogre dagger/gnoblar zweihander*, or a 60 point mage that can dispel and cast a single spell. Mystic shield or Arcane Bolt but on an 7 or 6** respectively 😁. I would run both every game. 

Chaos & Death: I want a sprues for bits for death armies and chaos armies that let us give them some more flair and individuality. I want pieces to give the ability to include Orruk, Aelves, Duardin and so forth to make our armies more personalized and better reflect the population of the mortal realms. The skull box is a nice starting point.

*Maybe they have a single wound but every-time they die you remove a gnoblar from a nearby unit who picks up the sword and becomes the new hero. 😮
**If the casting attempt was a 11+ the spell still does D1 damage.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

47 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Chaos & Death: I want a sprues for bits for death armies and chaos armies that let us give them some more flair and individuality. I want pieces to give the ability to include Orruk, Aelves, Duardin and so forth to make our armies more personalized and better reflect the population of the mortal realms. The skull box is a nice starting point.

Since you brought it up let’s get some freaking PLASTIC CHAOS DWARFS!!! They’ve been teased more than every form of elf and unlike the knife ears don’t have back to back releases so there’s less of a chance of grudges being sworn.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Really, I think the biggest thing that needs to change for Destruction is that GA playing a bigger part in the narrative. At present Destruction is sort of like a fifth wheel, lore wise. Ideally, whatever cunning plan Destruction comes up with to take over the Mortal Realms, or achieve godhood, or whatever, should involve the old rivalry with Dwarfs, to bring them back into the story also.

I like the idea above of sky pirates. Surely such aerial pirates would be the nemesis of the KO. What story lines could be built around that idea?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Since you brought it up let’s get some freaking PLASTIC CHAOS DWARFS!!! They’ve been teased more than every form of elf and unlike the knife ears don’t have back to back releases so there’s less of a chance of grudges being sworn.

As much as I think they deserve to be their own army I selfishly want them to be part of S2D. I think that they could be a self sustaining subfaction within Slaves to Darkness with their own rules, synergies and lore. I want horned Sorcerer-Prophets, demon-engine Hellcannons and blunderbuss wielding Infernal Guard, they can support a mortal chaos horde or stand on their own. I could imagine Archaon brokering a deal with them whereas other players could build their armies around proud Chaos Dwarfs unwilling to fight for this pretender. 

But selfishness aside I really want them to be represented in the game. 

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

As much as I think they deserve to be their own army I selfishly want them to be part of S2D. I think that they could be a self sustaining subfaction within Slaves to Darkness with their own rules, synergies and lore. I want horned Sorcerer-Prophets, demon-engine Hellcannons and blunderbuss wielding Infernal Guard, they can support a mortal chaos horde or stand on their own. I could imagine Archaon brokering a deal with them whereas other players could build their armies around proud Chaos Dwarfs unwilling to fight for this pretender. 

But selfishness aside I really want them to be represented in the game. 

Personally I want them to play into the “Furnace Kings” idea GW l’s been pushing, give me soul powered steam engines and bull masked engineers raining down fire and ash. But most importantly they need to have guns/ranged weaponry, Chaos is lacking in that department.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Personally I want them to play into the “Furnace Kings” idea GW l’s been pushing, give me soul powered steam engines and bull masked engineers raining down fire and ash. But most importantly they need to have guns/ranged weaponry, Chaos is lacking in that department.

That would be soo cool. 😍

I have been thinking about taking some of the cool 40k demon engines and trying to convert some chaos dwarf crew and running them as a Soul Grinder. But I am not a very good at kitbashing... I just think having a Forgefiend with a Chaos Dwarf on the base would make my army feel complete.  I think just cutting off the cables on the back might make it the right level of steam punky to fit with the aesthetic of AOS. I could also try out the Venomcrawler with the start collecting set but that would be a slippery slope...

Edited by Neverchosen

I really want to see the Ironjawz range expanded. Chariots, a goregrunta megaboss.

I'd like to see some war machines, maybe with an ardboyz crew if they decide to expand on them.

Revamping the ogor lineup, especially units like the yhetees.

Destruction humans would be really cool, even as just 1 or 2 auxiliary units. Not likely, but I can dream.

1 hour ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I’d really like to see an expansion of the Firebellies into a full-blown subfaction for the Mawtribes to round them out and provide a nice contrast to the Beastclaws (Ah yes, the three elements - Ice, Fire, and M e a t). Maybe a big centrepiece of a priest riding a massive lava turtle or something.

Absolutely, mate this is actually such an incredible idea I love it!! I mean who doesnt love BBQ!? Mate how about a massive Lava Tortoise!? With a Howdah!!

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’d like Spider Riders to get a new multi kit like the squig riders, as well as the ability to just run a horde of spiders honestly. We got ghosts and skeletons, now  let’s get some spiders and we’re one step closer to Halloween themed armies being super easy and customizable!

for ogors I want an expansion of Beastclaw Raiders first and foremost, they got shafted in 2.0 and it ain’t fair. I would also like the firebelly to be expanded upon, the idea of volcano worshippers just sounds awesome, and despite being finecast the model is excellent.

Multi kit Spider Riders are a must for Spiderfang. BCR could definitely use some bolstering. Hone in on the Nomadic Tribes look and give us new multi part Gluttons that can be built with fur capes and hats. Give us multi part Yehtees and Frost Sabres.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I'd like to see Orruks get some new ideas. I think whatever happened the design team wound up without ideas or direction with them. Heck at the start of AoS they had 3 armies as such and they were basically all doing the exact same things in each army, just with different styles of sculpt. I'd love to see some NEW ideas and difference between the heavy armour and wild versions as well as just some general new ideas. I think Orruks need a designer who gets them really well and who is allowed to run wild. They need an injection of some "energy" into their range to come into their own. 

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see boar chariots return and such, I just feel that I'd like to see some new Orruk ideas alongside such things. 

Orks in the Old World had variation and ideas and such, I'd like to see that pulled through into AoS. 

Orruks and Orcs are such an iconic fantasy creature, especially GW version of them, they deserve the respect they've garnered. I agree and hope that Warclans becomes the Lumineth/Slannesh level update of the Alliance.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Obviously I want fancy new factions particularly Grotbag Scuttlers. I think it would be cool if they were a Grotfocused faction, but I would also like Destruction to be a little less homogenous and for Grots to be the captains and crew of the sky vessels with cut throat Orruks and Ogors to be the swashbuckling boarding parties. It would also break down the typical fantasy orc hierarchy of bigger is better.  Although, I would settle for a pure Grot army as well.

Sons of Behemat: I actually would like juvenile Gargants that are smaller than Mancrushers but bigger than ogres. They would be taken in units of three and could more easily open Sons of Behemat for smaller games like Warcry. Also I want a Chaotic version of the army... if 40k can have Chaos Knights we should have Chaos Sons!

Orruk Warclans: I really want a vicious Ironjawz chariot that can be built as a hero option. I think the piggies need a leader and this would be a cool option rather than simply putting a hero on a pig. The non-hero build would give another speedy option that would make cavalry armies feel more varied. I am less partial to bonesplitterz but I would like them more if they used the beasts they hunted and had some cool monster units in their ranks like maybe a harassing unit of wyvern riders that tamed some smaller wyverns. 

Gloomspite: I think that the sub-fations all need slight expansions. Above all else I would like for Troggoth's to get a plastic Hag that was part of the main line and not Forgeworld. I also think that Spider Riders should get forrest grots and moonclan to get some sort of artillery piece. 

Ogors: I will join the chorus in wanting some form of expansion to the Firebellies. I also think that we need a lot more plastic: Maneaters, Yehtees and Gorgers. But above all else I want a Gnoblar hero... the more useless the better. A 40 point Gnoblar hero that can barely hold an ogre dagger/gnoblar zweihander*, or a 60 point mage that can dispel and cast a single spell. Mystic shield or Arcane Bolt but on an 7 or 6** respectively 😁. I would run both every game. 

*Maybe they have a single wound but every-time they die you remove a gnoblar from a nearby unit who picks up the sword and becomes the new hero. 😮
**If the casting attempt was a 11+ the spell still does D1 damage.

I love the idea of younger Gargants!! Would really lend well to an Attack On Titan vibe. Make them mean as hell as they can chase you into places other Gargants cant reach or break.

Your Gnoblar hero idea is absolutely epic mate and I'm going to set myself up for disappointment if it doesnt come true. 

30 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Really, I think the biggest thing that needs to change for Destruction is that GA playing a bigger part in the narrative. At present Destruction is sort of like a fifth wheel, lore wise. Ideally, whatever cunning plan Destruction comes up with to take over the Mortal Realms, or achieve godhood, or whatever, should involve the old rivalry with Dwarfs, to bring them back into the story also.

I like the idea above of sky pirates. Surely such aerial pirates would be the nemesis of the KO. What story lines could be built around that idea?

100% agree. At the moment, lore wise, Destruction are just there. I hope they have a massive part to play in the next edition, as it feels everything has been quite Deathy, Chaosy and Orderly of late. If they are going to be at the narrative forefront they need their arch nemesis Duardin. If 3.0 is the upgrading and revitalization of Destruction it should also be the rebirth of Duardin. 

• Thanks 1

I like the rank & file Gluttons just fine but the Butcher really needs an update. That model is awful. I agree that a Firebelly subfaction would be awesome. 

Ironjawz need some form of shooting. I’d love to see them have a siege tower pushed by some massive monster that they hurl boulders from.

If we're only replacing the Finecast, then GW could theoretically completely update the ogre range with six kits.

-Gorger/Yhetee dual box (face/back/arm swaps like the Crypt Horror/Vargheist kit)

-Firebelly

-Butcher/Slaughtermaster dual box (different arms/head and a cauldron for the Slaughtermaster)

-Maneater box (this would be a box of five with a lot of different bits for weapon options/customization)

-Icebrow Hunter

-Frost Sabres

I'm of the opinion that Underworlds teams are meant as soft updates for a lot of resin models, so we've already got the Hunter down. It's a shame it doesn't come with more Frost Sabres.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most of these were dropped rather than updated, but that might be the pessimist in me speaking. Out of all the armies in the game (or even just Destruction), ogres are pretty far down on the update priority list. Conversions are pretty easy for them and alleviate a lot of the problems the range has.

IMO, Flesh Eaters, Fyreslayers, and Sons all need an the most. Hopefully the Slannesh and Lumineth second waves are a sign of things to come, rather than just exceptions.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

Sigmar needs to start garrisoning some of these cities outside of azyr with a few stormcast to stop these kind of things from happening to his people. 

All of the Cities are formed around a Stormkeep who serve as a permanent garrison. The problem is when those Cities start growing beyond those walls there's not enough Stormcast to keep every community protected and if Anvilguard is any indication, even those garrisons sometimes aren't enough.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

All of the Cities are formed around a Stormkeep who serve as a permanent garrison. The problem is when those Cities start growing beyond those walls there's not enough Stormcast to keep every community protected and if Anvilguard is any indication, even those garrisons sometimes aren't enough.

Lumineth seem to play a similar role to Stormcast in Settler's Gain. Could be that Settler's Gain is a new type of City of Sigmar, without a Stormkeep. Probably because it's save enough now to make such settlements in some regions. It looks very much like the Lumineth are the rulers of the city, not a city council assisted by Stormcast as in the cities we have seen so far. 

The writer doesn't mention anything about appealing to Stormcast for example in the text, and there is a little bit more information on Settler's Gain in the Soulbound RPG which also doesn't mention anything about Stormcast. 

Lumineth didn't ask for Stormcast help during the Age of Chaos (and prevented them to do things in some cases), so it might be that in some of the realms, especially with new cities, the Stormcast just don't play that much of a role. 

It's likely, it'll be clarified once BR Teclis is out. Settler's Gain has been mentioned several times now, so it likely plays a role there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Lumineth seem to play a similar role to Stormcast in Settler's Gain. Could be that Settler's Gain is a new type of City of Sigmar, without a Stormkeep. Probably because it's save enough now to make such settlements in some regions. It looks very much like the Lumineth are the rulers of the city, not a city council assisted by Stormcast as in the cities we have seen so far. 

The writer doesn't mention anything about appealing to Stormcast for example in the text, and there is a little bit more information on Settler's Gain in the Soulbound RPG which also doesn't mention anything about Stormcast. 

Lumineth didn't ask for Stormcast help during the Age of Chaos (and prevented them to do things in some cases), so it might be that in some of the realms, especially with new cities, the Stormcast just don't play that much of a role. 

It's likely, it'll be clarified once BR Teclis is out. Settler's Gain has been mentioned several times now, so it likely plays a role there.

Stormcast did not exist in the  Age of Chaos

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Orks:
Second wave geez, combine IJ and BS sure but come on give them some new units to become a more well-rounded and new range. Not just Black Orcs the one-off and forgotten.

Ogors:
Refresh finecast, Butcher and co. Maybe some more elemental Ogors, aforementioned refresh of Firebelly, got chilly ogors, maybe some lightning flavouring/seasoning or does that step on a certain someone's shoes too much