The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Aren't Glavewraith stalkers undead Skaven? From the product description "The Glaivewraith Stalkers are a set of 4 sinister, drifting gheists, each little more than a tattered shroud, a pair of arms and a leering animal skull. The vertebrae of their undead spines poke through their cowls, giving them at least some corporeal shape –". THey have a rodent-like skull with incisors, and sharp spinal protrusions, and a hunched shape, all reminiscent of a skaven. I always thought that's what they were supposed to be. 

No, their lore state they where once mounted hunters who enjoyed the trill of the chase before the kill, Nagash twisted them as amalgamations between rider and horse (so its a horse skull rather then a Skaven)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Aren't Glavewraith stalkers undead Skaven? From the product description "The Glaivewraith Stalkers are a set of 4 sinister, drifting gheists, each little more than a tattered shroud, a pair of arms and a leering animal skull. The vertebrae of their undead spines poke through their cowls, giving them at least some corporeal shape –". THey have a rodent-like skull with incisors, and sharp spinal protrusions, and a hunched shape, all reminiscent of a skaven. I always thought that's what they were supposed to be. 

Sorry man, despite looking like undead rat-men they're just a bunch of dudes who had too much fun hunting the most dangerous prey: Humans.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

No, their lore state they where once mounted hunters who enjoyed the trill of the chase before the kill, Nagash twisted them as amalgamations between rider and horse (so its a horse skull rather then a Skaven)

well. Hmmm...... Who says they couldn't have been Skaven Riding Giant Rats? :)

37 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

From my understanding they are an amalgamation of horse and rider. I initially thought Skaven but they are equine skulls. 

5E49EE7F-3495-4987-BD82-328D8014DADF.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm willing to bet they were originally skaven then someone in the lore department said "wait a sec we can't have nagash having skaven dead!" So suddenly they changed to horses! They are one of those models, along with a good many flesheaters, that don't really well represent their lore in the model itself. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'm willing to bet they were originally skaven then someone in the lore department said "wait a sec we can't have nagash having skaven dead!" So suddenly they changed to horses! They are one of those models, along with a good many flesheaters, that don't really well represent their lore in the model itself. 

aren't they based on this stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_Lwyd

• Like 3

wanna share that in the Lady of Sorrows book they're described as having rodent faces so nobody is on the same page about this lol 

Based Werner.

But maybe they're supposed to be not so clear? I mean, who says that whoever designed them, went with only one inspiration or skull to model them to? Maybe that's why they're left unclassified.

I mean, otherwise their description of having a "leering animal skull" is unnecessarily vague for models that share the same skull throughout their range. Could just say horse or rodent skull and be done with it.  Or maybe they were supposed to have different animal skulls before someone said that its too much hassle.

The infamous Glaivewraith skull debate.

The models are horse skulls--no question. But this is AoS, you could narratively make any excuse you want for rat skulls, hippo skulls, red skulls, or blue skulls; whatever suits your fancy.

• Like 1

You had exactly that sort of confusion in the Soul Wars book, right down to Evocators being called a different name. Doesn't take much for an author not to get the full scoop on every unit, some confusion over rodent skulls or horse skulls is understandable when they might just have been going off a jpeg.

• Like 2

So the release schedule thing... is anyone else confused?

My understanding was that Teclis would be the next book. Are they now announcing Be’lakor and immediately releasing it? 

If element games has cursed city that would usually mean it's about to go up for order. With warcry and Blackstone my LGS had it set up to play in store for the week of the pre-order.

The drukhari preview makes me think their new codex and the battlebox should be coming out.

What's going on?

They confirmed on facebook that teclis is the next book still.  I wouldnt take that element games tweet as anything. They could be promoting it for weeks/months for all we know as it is obviously going to be one of the biggest sales of the year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

My understanding was that Teclis would be the next book. Are they now announcing Be’lakor and immediately releasing it? 

If element games has cursed city that would usually mean it's about to go up for order. With warcry and Blackstone my LGS had it set up to play in store for the week of the pre-order.

The drukhari preview makes me think their new codex and the battlebox should be coming out.

What's going on?

I have no idea what is going on. That article from yesterday is very word smithed and extremely vague. I don't know if that means a bunch of releases are being pushed back right now, if they're changing up when certain things are being released (out of order releases) or if things are being sped up.

I do find the post from element games interesting, no doubt gaming stores (especially those that are not GW owned) have an embargo on products even if they have them in their facility already. We haven't heard anything from GW on the release date of Cursed City, so I cannot imagine the information element games is going to post throughout this week is going to be anything we don't already know, unless GW makes some announcement about Cursed City.

I just wish GW would be a little more transparent and not dance around things like the post from yesterday. Like if things are going to be majorly delayed (for examples if there were going to be NO releases this month), just say so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

They say in the article that nothing will be released for a few weeks to avoid problems with shipment, stockage, etc.

And to spice up things a bit, they share spoilers of things that will come in the future.

They are not announcing the following weeks releases as usual.

6 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

They say in the article that nothing will be released for a few weeks to avoid problems with shipment, stockage, etc.

And to spice up things a bit, they share spoilers of things that will come in the future.

They are not announcing the following weeks releases as usual.

If that was the intention, that article 100% did not say that at all. Literally all it said was they were moving things around due to shipping issues

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

If that was the intention, that article 100% did not say that at all. Literally all it said was they were moving things around due to shipping issues

Ok, I have re read the article and just realized that maybe is a bit open to interpretation. Turns out that what I wrote above is more what I personally understood than what is transmiting word by word 😅

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

What's going on?

Warhammer Facebook replied to a comment saying it’s Teclis first then Belakor 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I have no idea what is going on. That article from yesterday is very word smithed and extremely vague. I don't know if that means a bunch of releases are being pushed back right now, if they're changing up when certain things are being released (out of order releases) or if things are being sped up.

I do find the post from element games interesting, no doubt gaming stores (especially those that are not GW owned) have an embargo on products even if they have them in their facility already. We haven't heard anything from GW on the release date of Cursed City, so I cannot imagine the information element games is going to post throughout this week is going to be anything we don't already know, unless GW makes some announcement about Cursed City.

I just wish GW would be a little more transparent and not dance around things like the post from yesterday. Like if things are going to be majorly delayed (for examples if there were going to be NO releases this month), just say so.

Also to add drukhari are in pre order 20th so my guess is they are going weekly after next weekend with cursed city/broken realms maybe Lumineth 13th Drukhari/Sisters maybe 20th Lumineth if not earlier or later 27th 

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

OH ! I know why I kinda dislike the Prince-Rat vampire ! He makes me remember that dreadful part of my childhood :P

I mean, just check at 2:58 and 3:44  :D

Must've been a young one then... 

Either way, just think of the new figure as AoS' Karl Lagerfeld... it would explain a lot about the figure.