The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Christ yes, imagine how this dude appears to skaven. He's the equivalent of a rat-man who suddenly dissolves into a swarm of tiny naked men running around your ankles and biting you.

I can just see it now "If Kritza is your general, then 1 in 4 units may be Skaven." 😂

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I can just see it now "If Kritza is your general, then 1 in 4 units may be Skaven." 😂

Undead skaven would be really cool. I loved the old skeleton unit of mixed skeletons. I doubt gw would ever do that, best we have is the skull kit with a variety of skulls. 

Just now, Kronos said:

Undead skaven would be really cool. I loved the old skeleton unit of mixed skeletons. I doubt gw would ever do that, best we have is the skull kit with a variety of skulls. 

Yeah, I agree. It would be amazing if a unit of zombies had aelves, dwarves, and other races/species and skeleton units for that matter. 

My pipe dream is that the new Soulblight Gravelords sub allegiances are different Bloodlines / Dynasties. One is very regal that utilizes elite units like Blood Knights and some sort of ground Vampire infantry unit, maybe even supported by Vampire Archers or something. Another Bloodline is one that focuses on critters (dire wolves, rates, etc), Another Bloodline that is more feral, like Vargheists and the new Vamps in Cursed City and finally a Bloodline that is all about necromancy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Here we are folks! It's a Soulblight!!!! Vampire. Rat. Style Icon. It's Kritza, the Rat Prince - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

@Skreech Verminking I think this guy might have a grudge against you...

release the deathmasters!!!!

33 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 17.18.23.png

Yes-yes Fake-thing must die-die!!

24 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Christ yes, imagine how this dude appears to skaven. He's the equivalent of a rat-man who suddenly dissolves into a swarm of tiny naked men running around your ankles and biting you.

More generally between him, Radukar, the red-haired one from the potato cam, and the WHU warband, we now have seen what are basically seven plastic vampire lords. They'll no doubt get specific AoS warscrolls but it's a rather good spread for vampire players.

Must kill-slay fake-thing!!

• Haha 9

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Which would mean that sigmar isn’t a real god either.

After all  he was a mortal soul when the empire was founded

couldn't agree with you more.

Some old gypsy farmer who managed to drag an old hammer out of the ground and everyone thinks he's a god... I mean it's not like other humans got mugged off with some watery bint waving a sword around in a lake and having a load of kaahhniggits running around for her getting royally mugged off as if she was some sort of deity.. oh hang about... 🤔

Rat fella is not my personal favourite, although he is still really cool. I thought at first his hair style was that classic bulbous Bram Stoker which I would've actually preferred. These bois really do like their wavy hair.

Very interesting regarding this new bloodline though. Perhaps the bloodline is not limited to wolves after all. Maybe you turn into whatever animal you are near or have fed upon when you receive the blood kiss. I wonder if a Vyrkros Vampire could transform into a bird or a Rhinox even. 

We could see other 'flavours' of Vyrkros with the SG release. Doubt it, but it would be cool. 

Just need to say I have played Dark Elves since 3rd WHFB, and Dark Eldar from day one.

I am not dissing any players of Aelves.

I am an elfophille.  I just find the obsession by e.g. World of Warcraft and now GW with elf people very funny. Jebus...I have even made sure I have an Elf of every class. 🥳

I am role playing my evil elf self mockery and teasing goodie two shoes elves.

I love you as players, whatever your faction.  But, we Aelves do get a good proportion of GW love.  It does remind me of Space Marines in The Other Game.  

My favourite AOS faction is Stormcast, and I am on record as saying that other factions should get updates before we get any new models.

But I am tickled bu Aelves getting more recent releases than the poster boys of the game.  How is that *not* funny?

I have a stupid amount of Drukhari and DoK. Because we are the True Kin.

I might roleplay troll our imaginary races but I am never, ever having ago at you the human person. *HUG*

Peace out. Much love. Slightly too much rum.❤❤❤🙏🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

i think all the cursed city models are on the grey bases, which i think makes him an expansion

mainline product are usually on that beige rim bases

Actually, Cursed City models all have black base rims. I think that marks this as a mainline AoS product, as it has a painted base. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Actually, Cursed City models all have black base rims. I think that marks this as a mainline AoS product, as it has a painted base. 

Good catch. 

He's also on a Skragrott-style long base which I imagine would be out of place on Cursed City's tiles. 

That said, we'll probably also get a 'Rat Prince's Revenge' article in White Dwarf where you can use him as a Hero or Antagonist.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That said, we'll probably also get a 'Rat Prince's Revenge' article in White Dwarf where you can use him as a Hero or Antagonist.

He will have awesome rules like how everyone loves to bring mega gargant mercenaries, he will of course also be a merc so obviously gotta cost 1 CP, but for that you get a completely regular non flying vampire lord on foot on an awkward base with the added bonus of the special ability "high frequency screeching" which provides a -1 to hit to beast keyword models within 6", if he has taken of wound from a beast keyword model in the same phase. Brilliant and in line with the awesome warcry warband rules, besides those useless khainite stalkers.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

maybe an expansion? Btw, I love when they create new characters and can be sued on the table!!

It's an improvement over Blackstone. I love Blackstone's use of weird and new units in it's expansions, but most were unusable in 40k. No one is bringing Spindle Drones or Ambulls with their 40k army. Even units like the Chaos Commissar and Chaos Ogryn Bodyguard which could easily be ported into 40k weren't really used.

Meanwhile all the stuff we see in Ulfenkarn and this new guy really fit in with the Gravelords and are actually usable in AoS.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

They both share the same emblem on their belts, and are both very similar stylistically. I’d say he’s a Cursed City model rather than Gravelords. 

image.jpeg.3d9b6e8f247010e8a3fe2e4f9661f0d2.jpegimage.jpeg.6e2b4c1b13fed5104504b53af17f1983.jpeg

The article explains they are both from the Vyrkos Bloodline. 

But I'd follow that theory : 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Aren't Glavewraith stalkers undead Skaven? From the product description "The Glaivewraith Stalkers are a set of 4 sinister, drifting gheists, each little more than a tattered shroud, a pair of arms and a leering animal skull. The vertebrae of their undead spines poke through their cowls, giving them at least some corporeal shape –". THey have a rodent-like skull with incisors, and sharp spinal protrusions, and a hunched shape, all reminiscent of a skaven. I always thought that's what they were supposed to be. 

• Thanks 1