The Rumour Thread

So hopefully back on track...

The only thing to be revealed is Belakor's face.

The rest of him seems to be doing justice to the original model which I'm really happy about.

I'm anticipating that Belakor will potentially give AoS back the Daemons of Chaos faction if that's the right way of putting it, as currently outside of GA Chaos, there's no real uniting of all the separate god squads.  His teaser hints at daemons working together so perhaps he's the mechanism to do that, and it makes sense that an unaligned entity  acts as the middleman to forge those uneasy alliances.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So hopefully back on track...

The only thing to be revealed is Belakor's face.

The rest of him seems to be doing justice to the original model which I'm really happy about.

I'm anticipating that Belakor will potentially give AoS back the Daemons of Chaos faction if that's the right way of putting it, as currently outside of GA Chaos, there's no real uniting of all the separate god squads.  His teaser hints at daemons working together so perhaps he's the mechanism to do that, and it makes sense that an unaligned entity  acts as the middleman to forge those uneasy alliances.

We already have that in the Legion Of Chaos Ascendant allegiance in Wrath of the Everchosen.  This faction even has a subfaction called Legion of the First prince, centered about Be'lakor himself. Will the new BR book expand on that ? I HOPE SO :P

BTW did someone understood yesterday's article as (reading between the lines) :

We are going to put BR : Be'lakor on preorder this Sunday (because the model and the book are already in our warehouse) and delay BR : Teclis and the LRL 2nd waves further down the line.

???

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

BR: Belakor is as surprise but it looks great for Chaos players - I wonder if he'll bring any friends... I was wondering with this being announced so early will they be speeding up the release of BR books like who they did for Psychic Awakening in the run up to the new edition. So new edition still on for the Summer [maybe slightly later like 40k did last year].

Looking forward to seeing what the new model reveal is today- it looks very interesting, to me another Vamp but it would be great if it was something unexpected. They did mention in the last preview that more factions would be getting a model or two and it would be nice to see at least new individual models for other factions in between the bigger releases/updates. I think all factions could do with extra character models.

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

???

Only problem with that is it might mess with timeline fluff wise unless of the events are happening at the same time? Do we know if the events of BR:Teclis happen after of during the events of BR: Morathi??

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

And in @LuminethMage defense, GW was misleading about Broken Realms and the Aelven Gods implication both in their marketing AND inside the fluff itself : 

560014403_BRAelvenGods.png.8331f5fd376071639e99a1ebd23b51aa.png

Remember that before the Be'lakor announcement we already Morathi and Teclis confirmed, so 100% Aelven Gods. I still hope that Broken Realms : Alarielle is on its way (for Sylvaneth players' sake) and that the series itself isn't too long, i.e. that the new edition comes later this summer. 

That said, as an old time devotee of Be'lakor (Mordheim and Shadow over Albion 😍), and as a Daemonic Legions / Chaos Daemons player, I'm SO GLAD to see the Dark Master getting his own book !

Reading this, I wonder what major characters may receive a Broken Realms book. Following come to my mind:

• Archaon (Based on his size and importance to lore quite well possible, yet due to wrath of everchosen and Belakor beeing the face for StD BR I won´t expect a Broken Realms: Archaon)
  • Gordrak (With Siege on Excelsior and an attack on Azyr quite possible, if not even the Starter for AoS 3.0 Setup
  • Allarielle (Sylvaneth Godess would line up well with Teclis and Moriathi)
  • Grungi (would be great for an Dwarf Reunited Setup and had some hints in lore to return so far)
  • Volturnos (IDK's most important character so far and would be like the last missing major Aelven Faction to get some BR-Action)
  • Skragrott (Gloomspite were always good for unexpected appearences and have a new and lovely model range so a spotlight on them sounds quite possible, especially as it is the only real option beside Gordrak for a Destruction-BR-Book that comes to my mind)
  • Manfred and or Neferata (Most prominent GA:Death characters beside Nagash and Arkhan who...who am I kidding, it will be BR:Nagash...dammit Nagash! You are a narcistic snob!)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We already have that in the Legion Of Chaos Ascendant allegiance in Wrath of the Everchosen.  This faction even has a subfaction called Legion of the First prince, centered about Be'lakor himself. Will the new BR book expand on that ? I HOPE SO :P

???

Yes, that's right. His legion already has rules but maybe they will expand on those rules now. Also, will he get his army standard back. Remember he had that standard in WFB with what's his name chained to it. Who will Be'lakor chain to the standard this time. A Stormcast Eternal?

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:
  • Volturnos (IDK's most important character so far and would be like the last missing major Aelven Faction to get some BR-Action)

I'd say they saw plenty of action (also rulewise) in BR:Morathi already

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Reading this, I wonder what major characters may receive a Broken Realms book. Following come to my mind:

• Archaon (Based on his size and importance to lore quite well possible, yet due to wrath of everchosen and Belakor beeing the face for StD BR I won´t expect a Broken Realms: Archaon)
  • Gordrak (With Siege on Excelsior and an attack on Azyr quite possible, if not even the Starter for AoS 3.0 Setup
  • Allarielle (Sylvaneth Godess would line up well with Teclis and Moriathi)
  • Grungi (would be great for an Dwarf Reunited Setup and had some hints in lore to return so far)
  • Skragrott (Gloomspite were always good for unexpected appearences and have a new and lovely model range so a spotlight on them sounds quite possible, especially as it is the only real option beside Gordrak for a Destruction-BR-Book that comes to my mind)
  • Manfred and or Neferata (Most prominent GA:Death characters beside Nagash and Arkhan who...who am I kidding, it will be BR:Nagash...dammit Nagash! You are a narcistic snob!)

The problem with that is all the rumours says that this year we are gonna receive AoS 3.0, and one thing is sure, the release is gonna be in July.

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The problem with that is all the rumours says that this year we are gonna receive AoS 3.0, and one thing is sure, the release is gonna be in July.

I wouldn´t expect all of them to be featured anyway, it was just a compilation of book names I could imagine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the Lumineth release with the Slaanesh release.  Both are having a second wave of models not too long after the first and both are receiving a new Battletome not long after the last one.  Yet I do not see or hear much grumbling about Slaanesh, or their players, getting too much attention.  AOS has been going for five years and neither faction received much love in that time. 

Is this because people perceive the Lumineth as being too powerful, whilst poor Slaanesh is perceived as now being middle of the road and therefore not a threat? It seems to be the only significant difference.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me

Slaanesh had to wait for its very own army in a fantasy setting since it got conceived - that's a long, long time. Yes, he had his own champions and daemons but never a real range of mortals. (A)elfs had "complete" armies since ages.

The aelf release seriously dwarfs Slaanesh. I've never seen a new army get as many kits as Lumineth in such a short amount of time before. Not even SCE and Khorne managed that.

We got so many different Aelven factions now... and the aelf-heads are already screaming for Malerion. Skaven and Seraphon and the successor of the Empire should be next. Look, I'm not arguing against Aelfs getting everything they need, I just think another release pattern would've been good... especially because we got great armies that are seriously held back by their small releases (Ironjawz, Flesh-Eater Courts, Sylvaneth...no wait, those are Aelves too! )

Oh and now my personal opinions (which are certainly not serious arguments): It's hard to find something less interesting than Light Aelfs! 😈

Another personal opinion: while I got zero problems with their bull-head helmets, some of the new models look really lame (fox furry thingy, cloud dude) to me.

Why did they promote Phil Kelly, dude has zero taste... 😎 (I'll never forgive him for his hate of Chaos and the resulting codex)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MitGas said:

We got so many different Aelven factions now... and the aelf-heads are already screaming for Malerion. Skaven and Seraphon and the successor of the Empire should be next.

I beg to differ. There is something appropriate about the Seraphon range being composed of truly prehistoric models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Anyway, about the NEW MONDEL MONDAY thingy (very nice, but a stepping on the Rumor Engine's toe a bit uh ?)... I don't know why but today's silhouette makes me think of this dude (even if that clearly won't be him or Tzeentchian, more like something DEATH related) : 

429750408_Capturedcran2021-03-0110_22_37.png.5c6bcc1ca0361323a4e7ee16d432a3a1.png

That would be cool. I do think it's probably some sort of vampire, what with the slightly more obviously historically-informed sword design, but Helbrass was a great character concept. Tzeentch is also currently the only god-aligned chaos faction not to have a mortal special character, compared to Slaanesh's 2, Khorne's 3 and Nurgle's 6. 

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Slaanesh had to wait for its very own army in a fantasy setting since it got conceived - that's a long, long time. Yes, he had his own champions and daemons but never a real range of mortals. (A)elfs had "complete" armies since ages.

The aelf release seriously dwarfs Slaanesh. I've never seen a new army get as many kits as Lumineth in such a short amount of time before. Not even SCE and Khorne managed that.

We got so many different Aelven factions now... and the aelf-heads are already screaming for Malerion. Skaven and Seraphon and the successor of the Empire should be next. Look, I'm not arguing against Aelfs getting everything they need, I just think another release pattern would've been good... especially because we got great armies that are seriously held back by their small releases (Ironjawz, Flesh-Eater Courts, Sylvaneth...no wait, those are Aelves too! )

Oh and now my personal opinions (which are certainly not serious arguments): It's hard to find something less interesting than Light Aelfs! 😈

Another personal opinion: while I got zero problems with their bull-head helmets, some of the new models look really lame (fox furry thingy, cloud dude) to me.

Why did they promote Phil Kelly, dude has zero taste... 😎 (I'll never forgive him for his hate of Chaos and the resulting codex)

Screaming for Malerion? No offence but where? I haven’t seen anyone actively begging for Malerion Aelves. Sure, they’d be cool and all, but as an “Aelf-head” (brought some deepkin and plan in getting some new Lumineth stuff when it drops) I’m fully aware that ranges like the Seraphon, Skaven, etc need some attention first 

• Like 1

Remember that before the Be'lakor announcement we already Morathi and Teclis confirmed, so 100% Aelven Gods. I still hope that Broken Realms : Alarielle is on its way (for Sylvaneth players' sake) and that the series itself isn't too long, i.e. that the new edition comes later this summer. 

That said, as an old time devotee of Be'lakor (Mordheim and Shadow over Albion 😍), and as a Daemonic Legions / Chaos Daemons player, I'm SO GLAD to see the Dark Master getting his own book !

Are we back to 5 books theory ? each book featuring 5 factions =  the 24/25 factions of AoS ( as it was for 40K PA )

or Br Belakor simply replaces Br Alarielle as third book ?

7 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Screaming for Malerion? No offence but where? I haven’t seen anyone actively begging for Malerion Aelves.

*raises hand*

I mean I'm a mod so I'm not allowed to shout unless its telling people off with red text, but darn it I want that army out so that everything teased in the big 2.0 book is at least released in some form. Considering that they are about the last army GW has formally teased and yet has not a single official model to their name. 

Plus its odd that such a huge player in the setting, ruling almost an entire realm, has almost no current impact in the lore or setting beyond being part of the team that caged Slaanesh and gifted Sigmar a stadium. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Are we back to 5 books theory ? each book featuring 5 factions =  the 24/25 factions of AoS ( as it was for 40K PA )

or Br Belakor simply replaces Br Alarielle as third book ?

At this point I'm reasonably confident it's either Morathi-Teclis-Belakor-Alarielle-Gordrak, or same, but squeeze Grugni in there somewhere.

Destruction has so far not been touched in BR outside the short stories. They're pretty obviously being built up for the big update at the end, IMO, so the last book will be them.

Belakor will be the main Chaos update book, probably bringing Skaven along with him.

Alarielle is literally mentioned alongside Morathi and Teclis when BR was announced, she'll definitely get her book. I'm expecting it'll be Sylvaneth, BoC, (Plays well off Kurnothi, old Wood Elf rivals, and Nurgle already used) CoS (Because Greywater is a big part of her storyline) and two others. Tzeentch maybe, since he's also involved with Greywater.

BR Grugni is the possible wildcard, it feels like one too many books to fit in before 3rd edition, but the dwarves definitely have their own narrative building and have so far been mostly left out of BR happenings, even in the short stories. They don't seemingly fit too well into Belakor or Alarielle either, from what we know so far.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2

Regarding releases, the latest post in WaCom says:

You’ll be able to read more about Commorragh soon, for Codex: Drukhari is up for pre-order from Saturday the 20th of March. Until then, keep your eyes on Warhammer Community for previews of the army and Crusade rules found in the new codex, and grab yourself a Start Collecting! set to kickstart or reinforce your Drukhari collection in readiness.

So that means that they will be anounced on Sunday 13th. That could mean that we are getting weekly releases from now on, with another announcement (Teclis? Underworlds? Both?) this Sunday. Or that the situation is worse than before and there will be even further delays.

12 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Screaming for Malerion? No offence but where? I haven’t seen anyone actively begging for Malerion Aelves. Sure, they’d be cool and all, but as an “Aelf-head” (brought some deepkin and plan in getting some new Lumineth stuff when it drops) I’m fully aware that ranges like the Seraphon, Skaven, etc need some attention first 

Where? Go back a few pages in this very thread for example. 

Oh and it's fine to scream for them... I find them interesting too. But with Daughters, Sylvaneth, Lumineth, IDK.... there are an awful lot of Aelfs around while many other races are neglected. I'm simply arguing for giving at least some of those factions attention first. 

If it were up to me, we'd get Tzeentch mortals and after my army is complete, screww all of you! 😎 

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That would be cool. I do think it's probably some sort of vampire, what with the slightly more obviously historically-informed sword design, but Helbrass was a great character concept. Tzeentch is also currently the only god-aligned chaos faction not to have a mortal special character, compared to Slaanesh's 2, Khorne's 3 and Nurgle's 6. 

That model is apparently for Necromunda. A new Aekold would be awesome though! Was my first chaos hero.... and still got him.

Funny fact: the model apparently was supposed to be a Dark Elf at first but then they realized he's way too cool for that and put him into Tzeentch, the absolutely, unarguably  BEST army ever! 

Anyway, about the NEW MONDEL MONDAY thingy (very nice, but a stepping on the Rumor Engine's toe a bit uh ?)... I don't know why but today's silhouette makes me think of this dude (even if that clearly won't be him or Tzeentchian, more like something DEATH related) : 

429750408_Capturedcran2021-03-0110_22_37.png.5c6bcc1ca0361323a4e7ee16d432a3a1.png

No way it's gonna be ya boy Aekold Hellbrass (even if I know at least one Tzeentch-player who'd sacrifice his firstborn for Aekold returning to AoS with the Sigvald treatment).

I'm of course guessing here, but gives me Death vibes. I assume the headpiece is a cowl rather than hair - I'd wager it to be another Gravelords character (perhaps an executioner?).

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

No way it's gonna be ya boy Aekold Hellbrass (even if I know at least one Tzeentch-player who'd sacrifice his firstborn for Aekold returning to AoS with the Sigvald treatment).

I'm of course guessing here, but gives me Death vibes. I assume the headpiece is a cowl rather than hair - I'd wager it to be another Gravelords character (perhaps an executioner?).

Now you know two! 😎

****** that little brat I don't even have yet. 

• Haha 2