The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Constant posts like this and the positive reactions you mostly get, make this really such a great community. Now it’s not only against a faction you don’t like, but players like me. Thanks a lot! 

For the most part, I don’t think the hate is directly aimed at you or the Aelf players, but there are over 20 armies in this game and almost every single one of them needed new rules/models before the likes of Lumineth did. The hate is directed at gw.

in saying that, aelves have a reputation in the lore (or they did in fantasy) as being very smug, arrogant, up-them-selves and believing they’re the most important beings in existence. Sadly some aelf players have those personality traits too and give everyone else a bad name

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

For the most part, I don’t think the hate is directly aimed at you or the Aelf players, but there are over 20 armies in this game and almost every single one of them needed new rules/models before the likes of Lumineth did. The hate is directed at gw.

in saying that, aelves have a reputation in the lore (or they did in fantasy) as being very smug, arrogant, up-them-selves and believing they’re the most important beings in existence. Sadly some aelf players have those personality traits too and give everyone else a bad name

I actually find the influx of new Lumineth models pretty reasonable. Reading the battletome, its painfully obvious that some of what is coming was surely originally planned to release last year: take for example the "Perfect Blade" artifact- a melee-focused artifact but the only characters who can take it are two wizards who would never want to be in combat? Obviously that was meant for someone along the lines of  the mounted hero or the Loremaster.  Also, there is really only a single list you can make for them atm: sinking a huge amount of points into Teclis, some groups of infantry....and that's it. I subscribed to the belief that most of this range was delayed due to production issues relating to COVID. I feel like most factions are in a better spot than Lumineth are in regards to amount of models. IDK or Fyreslayers? Possibly the only ones who I'd admit need an range update just as badly. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

What I mean is, like today, I come to the forum to see excitement for the new Belakor BR release. But again have to wade through a mass of negative comments about Lumineth, aelves, aelf players and what not. That’s almost every day. And most of it is in fact directed at either the faction and/or the player, not GW. 

Some of it are jokes, but if you constantly make demeaning jokes about something, it doesn’t really feel like a joke anymore. 

I also have some issues with the premise to be honest: Although HE were one of the more popular factions it took them 5 years until they were finally released. Almost everyone who complains about not seeing anything new for 3 years tends to forget that someone like me didn’t see anything at all for 5.

It’s also a mixed blessing to having your release split, and your schedule being dragged out and out and out over months and months because of Covid and maybe now again Brexit. With mostly being kept in the dark what’s going on. If it wasn’t for that, the LRL would have been all out, and we’d already been looking forward to the full Soulblight release, or been even beyond that.

Among the major old Warhammer Fantasy factions HE were one of the latest to get their update, but received one of the largest releases in almost one go. It balances somewhat out in the end. And besides Lumineth it’s really hard to see where any of the others are getting that much of a special treatment during what’s been announced as the big aelf event. Updated Warscrolls for one, and a hero and endless spells for the other. 

Why not be a bit happy for those players who finally got their toys? We already know that it’s not going to be all Lumineth (or aelves) from now on. 

• Like 34
  • LOVE IT! 1

We definitely shouldn't begrudge people for the faction they enjoy. In fact we should be happy to see others get new toys. Each new release brings new folks into the hobby which makes us all benefit. There will always be annoying people in the hobby but I doubt they gravitate towards the same faction. And in any case we shouldn't be generalizing folks.

That said, back to rumors and speculation. Be'lekor was one of my first models and I'm so happy to see him get a new release. Who do you think the other major players in BR: Be'lekor will be?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

What I mean is, like today, I come to the forum to see excitement for the new Belakor BR release. But again have to wade through a mass of negative comments about Lumineth, aelves, aelf players and what not. That’s almost every day. And most of it is in fact directed at either the faction and/or the player, not GW. 

Some of it are jokes, but if you constantly make demeaning jokes about something, it doesn’t really feel like a joke anymore. 

I have been guilty of making many a joke at Elves, so I do apologize if I overdue it.  

I am excited for all the Lumineth releases and glad you guys are getting love.  Just hungry for more Vampire and Dwarf news.

• Like 10

I don’t understand why so many people complaining about lumineth

It’s clear that all those models were designed  and intended to release together, for some reason GW separate them into two parts and then suffered from then pandemic. 

Whether the second wave of lumineth come or not, there will always be that many models designed and produced for them and this fact doesn’t prevent other factions from getting updates at all.

• Like 13

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the Lumineth release with the Slaanesh release.  Both are having a second wave of models not too long after the first and both are receiving a new Battletome not long after the last one.  Yet I do not see or hear much grumbling about Slaanesh, or their players, getting too much attention.  AOS has been going for five years and neither faction received much love in that time. 

Is this because people perceive the Lumineth as being too powerful, whilst poor Slaanesh is perceived as now being middle of the road and therefore not a threat? It seems to be the only significant difference.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me

1 minute ago, Aelfric said:

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the Lumineth release with the Slaanesh release.  Both are having a second wave of models not too long after the first and both are receiving a new Battletome not long after the last one.  Yet I do not see or hear much grumbling about Slaanesh, or their players, getting too much attention.  AOS has been going for five years and neither faction received much love in that time. 

Is this because people perceive the Lumineth as being too powerful, whilst poor Slaanesh is perceived as now being middle of the road and therefore not a threat? It seems to be the only significant difference.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me

I think it’s as most the Lumineth stuff came out September last year so they are within a time frame where they could have waited to do it all at once. Slaanesh were a bit longer away if I recall.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I think it’s as most the Lumineth stuff came out September last year so they are within a time frame where they could have waited to do it all at once. Slaanesh were a bit longer away if I recall.

The timeline may vary slightly, mainly due to the pandemic, but in both cases they are receiving a second release of models in a time frame where other factions received nothing, yet the response to each is very different.  It doesn't explain why someone from a faction that has had no new models for sometime would blame it on Lumineth receiving models, but not Slaanesh receiving models, which is why I wondered whether it was more to do with the perception that good, strong rules equates to favouritism.

And in @LuminethMage defense, GW was misleading about Broken Realms and the Aelven Gods implication both in their marketing AND inside the fluff itself : 

560014403_BRAelvenGods.png.8331f5fd376071639e99a1ebd23b51aa.png

Remember that before the Be'lakor announcement we already Morathi and Teclis confirmed, so 100% Aelven Gods. I still hope that Broken Realms : Alarielle is on its way (for Sylvaneth players' sake) and that the series itself isn't too long, i.e. that the new edition comes later this summer. 

That said, as an old time devotee of Be'lakor (Mordheim and Shadow over Albion 😍), and as a Daemonic Legions / Chaos Daemons player, I'm SO GLAD to see the Dark Master getting his own book !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The second part of this is where my dislike of elves in warhammer comes from. Tyrion and Teclis in the lore (end Times at least) were very unlikable characters for all the reasons listed. Malekith was actually a nicer, more level headed and compelling character than the two good boys who did know end of shifty things. 

Also it may not be the case and I am biased as I don't collect them but the Lumineth range seems massive compared to something like OBR or even the Aelf cousins the Idoneth. The nearest comparable size release I can think of is Nighthaunt which had a deluge of new models and obviously inherited some as well. Two battletomes so close to each other rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way as well, Lumineth and non Lumineth players. And when the 3rd LRL battletome comes out with Tyrion next January it will all happen again.

Going back to oldhammer. High Elves had some ridiculous rules too, always strike first, fight with spears in three ranks instead of two.  I'm sure there were more but it was never a great experience to charge a High elf unit and then not fight first.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So today was a pretty interesting day for me. I went for my second jog of the year, continued my new diet and just kinda ignored warhammer and warhammer news

Grats on lifestyle improvement!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

New Model Monday starting tomorrow. Also looks like this week we will see the Ossiarch Warband silhouette.

aKx4u7fdkr3fU5SQ.jpg

What I find interesting about this guy is that he has this sort of samurai-looking silhouette with a western sword. Lumineth have that kind of thing going on sometimes, but for some reaons this model does not look like Lumineth to me. It seems like what I assume is his sleeve is kind of tattered, which could suggest that this is a Death model. Ossiarch or Gravelords both seem like possibilities. It's hard to say what is going on with his head, though. Hair blowing in the wind? Head on fire?

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I also have some issues with the premise to be honest: Although HE were one of the more popular factions it took them 5 years until they were finally released. Almost everyone who complains about not seeing anything new for 3 years tends to forget that someone like me didn’t see anything at all for 5.

It’s also a mixed blessing to having your release split, and your schedule being dragged out and out and out over months and months because of Covid and maybe now again Brexit. With mostly being kept in the dark what’s going on. If it wasn’t for that, the LRL would have been all out, and we’d already been looking forward to the full Soulblight release, or been even beyond that.

Among the major old Warhammer Fantasy factions HE were one of the latest to get their update, but received one of the largest releases in almost one go. It balances somewhat out in the end. And besides Lumineth it’s really hard to see where any of the others are getting that much of a special treatment during what’s been announced as the big aelf event. Updated Warscrolls for one, and a hero and endless spells for the other. 

Why not be a bit happy for those players who finally got their toys? We already know that it’s not going to be all Lumineth (or aelves) from now on. 

Alarielle... banner of the world dragon... 30 white lions unit with all the heroes in the front rank.

And then you wondered why everyone got the hump, That book was more bent than a right angle.  Woodelves came out and added a new level of bentiness, and them Dark elves came out and were no better - infact one of the creators of this site was the playtester of that faction so there was no way it was ever going to lose out.

That's all I'm saying.

Now Chaos dwarfs on the other hand... those  lovable wee fellas with nothing more than a liking for a good steak and a firepit... they jut got on with it.  I mean even the Kdaai Destoryer went and they never grumbled.  See.  All you elf players.. just like elveses... the minute you don't cover half the store you're crying foul.  And you even got the minopoly on big hats  and trousers over and above chaos dorfs and free cities.

any way cheer up you've got a new faction coming...

image.png.e77a589174834f53b1e263d25572665d.png

Malerion pistacchio nut elves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

While the Aelves conversation is definitely entertaining I’m for once happy the narrative moves focus from an Aelven god to something else and despite a Stormcast appearing in the video teaser, I still hope civil war is brewing in the chaos world and Archaon will finally get a worthy opponent in a revived Be’Lakor with new enhanced rules for legion of chaos.

I was having a look at Warcry daemon warbands and they are usually much slimmer in fighter cards than their mortal counterpart, especially now that Slaanesh got a proper mortal release. Could be a sign there’s still room for some new miniatures? Would be a win win, undivided daemons for StD, new chaos daemons for every chaos god, all of them for Be’lakor